WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No saving spots at 3 Dunes

grumpy88

Reaction score
Yep.

All week you live on top of 12 million fucking people, sit in traffic, wait to eat or shop in crowed establishments. Then on the Friday you drive 5 hours to go park your boat 10” from crowds of people you don’t know to end up going through a bunch of stupid confrontations that make you want to go postal.

LOL “He washed down my boat”, “he’s taking up too much beach” . .....The answer: take a shit on his easy-up, urinate on his beach chair, beat him to death with a paddle while keeping a gun handy. Then on Sunday you load up the truck $500 poorer, drive 5 hours back to the city, make your boat payment and get ready for Monday.

I remember the days when going to the river just meant drinking beer and skiing.
Well said !

FishSniper

Reaction score
Yep.

All week you live on top of 12 million fucking people, sit in traffic, wait to eat or shop in crowed establishments. Then on the Friday you drive 5 hours to go park your boat 10” from crowds of people you don’t know to end up going through a bunch of stupid confrontations that make you want to go postal.

LOL “He washed down my boat”, “he’s taking up too much beach” . .....The answer: take a shit on his easy-up, urinate on his beach chair, beat him to death with a paddle while keeping a gun handy. Then on Sunday you load up the truck $500 poorer, drive 5 hours back to the city, make your boat payment and get ready for Monday.

I remember the days when going to the river just meant drinking beer and skiing.
Great post and something a lot of us myself included need to think more about. Luckily the next time I'll be in havasu will be a rare weekday trip. Will be nice to not deal with the typical weekend nonsense.

240Hallett

Reaction score
331D0FAE-B9C3-479D-8C09-5B8165C69B78.jpeg
We go there when the grand kids are able to come out because they enjoy the sandy beach and water access.

TCHB

Reaction score
It seems like the Havasu crowd is changing and not in a good direction. I have noticed at the ramp a lot more arguments and people not helping each other.

Clearmax

Reaction score
It seems like the Havasu crowd is changing and not in a good direction. I have noticed at the ramp a lot more arguments and people not helping each other.
I agree, same thing at glamis so I guess just the way the general public is heading.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I’m glad I sold my boat lol
I know we talked about this in detail last Sunday. It is getting more and more tempting. We could do some pretty Epic vacations with $40k more in the bank......I have seriously been jonesing your Maui trip. After Vegas, a trip like that with the kids would have been amazing.

We will be in Havasu for almost a week, starting this Wednesday. My best days will probably be Thursday and Monday in Parker.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TCHB

Reaction score
So, you're saying that same thing that is happening all over this country (self centered assholes taking over) is also happening in Havasu?
I do not know what is happening all over the country but I can tell you people are not as considerate to each other on the ramp. People calling each other amateurs instead of helping.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I do not know what is happening all over the country but I can tell you people are not as considerate to each other on the ramp. People calling each other amateurs instead of helping.
This was posted in another thread but I have been lambasted for asking if assistance is needed by a few.
Won't stop me from asking politely.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I know we talked about this in detail last Sunday. It is getting more and more tempting. We could do some pretty Epic vacations with $40k more in the bank......I have seriously been jonesing your Maui trip. After Vegas, a trip like that with the kids would have been amazing.

We will be in Havasu for almost a week, starting this Wednesday. My best days will probably be Thursday and Monday in Parker.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It has been nice taking a break from boating. I wanted the kids to experience different things and go to other places and that’s exactly what we’ve done. They are loving this trip and we are making different memories that will last a lifetime.

With the boat we were tied into going to havasu. Do we miss boating and Havasu? Yes absolutely and we talk about it all the time but the kids are really happy about all the new places they have seen and all the new experiences.

I will buy another boat at some point but right now we’re happy with status quo, specially after reading about all the B.S. going on at the lake. [emoji3]

HavaToon

Reaction score
It has been nice taking a break from boating. I wanted the kids to experience different things and go to other places and that’s exactly what we’ve done. They are loving this trip and we are making different memories that will last a lifetime.

With the boat we were tied into going to havasu. Do we miss boating and Havasu? Yes absolutely and we talk about it all the time but the kids are really happy about all the new places they have seen and all the new experiences.

I will buy another boat at some point but right now we’re happy with status quo, specially after reading about all the B.S. going on at the lake. [emoji3]

This is the exact reason we just sold our Havasu House. We want to do more traveling and exploring. Not to mention leaving the heat of Phoenix area to go somewhere hotter, headed to the mountains instead now to cool down. We’ll keep the boat for now, but will bring it back to Cave Creel and boat on 3 different lakes 20-45 minutes away instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score

100% agree.
I only launch at the Nautical and last time the the rudeness was off the charts. My wife is still learning to back up the trailer with the F350 DRW. She warned the guy behind her she was learning with the truck and going to take her time. That guy drove around her and used the entire ramp. I was pissed and told my wife drive around again and get away from that guy.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Is it that hard to find a sandy beach in havasu? We have the same problem on Mohave for sure but there’s a lot of sandy beaches to be had

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Havasu has a nearly endless amount of coves that accommodate 3-4 boats. Some of our best times have been in coves such as these with close friends. Should a newbie come by and ask if they could join we'd always wave them in and help them out. Good times, good memories and no hassle. BTW - So JB in so cal, just forget you ever once knew of Sadie's Cove. Or you could be looking at missile like full beer cans, various forms of human excrement, paddle floggings, gun shots, other near death experiences and/or even worse . . . . . Lol

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

We aren’t there yet, the kids still love the lake and off roading, and so do we.

We are going to Maui next week though, I’ve been ghosting your thread for some ideas :), thanks.

Maybe it’s dumb luck, but we don’t have too many issues @ Havasu.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
It’s not like the old days
100% agree.
I only launch at the Nautical and last time the the rudeness was off the charts. My wife is still learning to back up the trailer with the F350 DRW. She warned the guy behind her she was learning with the truck and going to take her time. That guy drove around her and used the entire ramp. I was pissed and told my wife drive around again and get away from that guy.
RDP only allows pros on the ramp. The last consensus was nobody belongs on the ramp without training in a parking lot. Lol times have surely changed.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Next just anchor 5 feet off shore right next and tellm to fuck off you can have the beach .

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Cuz 3 dunes is the only beach on the lake....lol
Imagine how good the piss filled 3 foot deep, 93.6 degree cesspool water feels on your skin.....mmmmm-mmmmmm
That beach is absutely the last place I want to be on a weekend. Ugh.
The lake closest to my house, you can't have alcohol on shore. Even in your boat, if it is beached, so we spend most of the time rafted up. It's nice to beach sometimes.

Sent using Tapatalk

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
No, they are all over. 3 dunes is just one of the better ones and it is a cove that has some protections.
Very true, I dont beach my boats but if i had too a cove like 3 dunes makes sense. Soft sand and protection from the wind

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Sucks....

Should not be the RDP way...Most people here are great people and boaters.

I was just telling the wife last night that the boating luster has worn off for me a bit. I don't think the general attitude has changed as there have always been jerks out on the water that could give two shits about there fellow boaters....This has been going on for a solid 15+ years now.

The difference is me and where I'm at with my life. I don't enjoy driving 10 hours round trip and having to deal with the crowds,jerks and the fear of getting hassled by the police if you have had 2 beers. I don't have the schedule for weekday boating and the vibe can be pretty racy for a 10 year old.

Almost need to get back to Blythe on some stand up jet skis a couple beach chairs and a cooler....lol

DaveH

Reaction score
this is exactly why I like boating at powell.

and even if you do roll up on a beach with other boats......you can clear it in five minutes by cracking a beer and setting a bottle of booze on the deck in plain sight. Instant private beach.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I can think of several of my responses to people like this. I have encountered plenty of these types of situations and survived to be here today. I opt out now a days, I just stay away from the crowds.

In this particular case I think I would have pulled up and set anchor anyway. Offer the guy and his lady a beer and tell him that I will be happy to move when his friends show up. His attitude hopefully changes and we all enjoy the day or when his friends show up (if they show up) I simply stay or go.

You guys not seen me at three dunes for a reason, I don’t want to be around bullshit! There are plenty of other places I will go hang out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

We have always tossed around the idea of getting rid of the boat. Since it is free and clear, it really is not a burden and is there when we do want to hit the river or the local lake. You are absolutely right about taking the kids and seeing different destinations other than Havasu. It's important while the kids are still around to make travelling as a family a priority. We are at the stage where our kids are in their last year(s) of high school and then off to college where it will be hard to get them home after their freshman year for vacations. I know as a high school and college kid, I was extremely sad when my parents sold our lake home and got rid of the boat. They had no idea it would be missed so much which is the very reason I'm holding on to ours.

Duffster

Reaction score
So who’s protecting this asshats identity? 3-Dunes is a cool beach area where kids play and family boaters hang out and meet other groups into the same shit no place for a shit show.