WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No saving spots at 3 Dunes

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It has been nice taking a break from boating. I wanted the kids to experience different things and go to other places and that’s exactly what we’ve done. They are loving this trip and we are making different memories that will last a lifetime.

With the boat we were tied into going to havasu. Do we miss boating and Havasu? Yes absolutely and we talk about it all the time but the kids are really happy about all the new places they have seen and all the new experiences.

I will buy another boat at some point but right now we’re happy with status quo, specially after reading about all the B.S. going on at the lake. [emoji3]

This is just like anything else on the internet. To read it you think everyone is assholes etc..

Every time I go boating we don’t run into this stuff.. maybe I’m just lucky?

hallett21

Reaction score
This is just like anything else on the internet. To read it you think everyone is assholes etc..

More people need to go by your mantra of “every situation is my fault” or however you worded it.

Basically what could I have done to avoid the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Or maybe it's because you're the asshole? :D :D :D

All I do is steal everyone’s beers out of their cooler and play my music loud enough that everyone has to listen to it. Then I let my kids splash everyone’s boats and shoot super soakers into the old guys faces while they are trying to relax in their chairs.. Sometimes I let roll around in the sand and tell them to play hide and go seek in everyone else’s boats..

But that’s normal isn’t it? If I’m doing it wrong than I wish someone would say something. :D.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So who’s protecting this asshats identity? 3-Dunes is a cool beach area where kids play and family boaters hang out and meet other groups into the same shit no place for a shit show.
Why is he an asshat?
He obviously was there before most others and plopped himself down like anyone else would. Putting our boats on the beach is doing the same thing as he is, keeping others off that piece of beach.
Do you drive up on other people on a fully occupied small beach and muscle your way in if there's no room? Probably not, so why do we feel the need to do it at 3 dunes. That is all I'm getting at.

gqchris

Reaction score
Sucks....

Should not be the RDP way...Most people here are great people and boaters.

I was just telling the wife last night that the boating luster has worn off for me a bit. I don't think the general attitude has changed as there have always been jerks out on the water that could give two shits about there fellow boaters....This has been going on for a solid 15+ years now.

The difference is me and where I'm at with my life. I don't enjoy driving 10 hours round trip and having to deal with the crowds,jerks and the fear of getting hassled by the police if you have had 2 beers. I don't have the schedule for weekday boating and the vibe can be pretty racy for a 10 year old.

Almost need to get back to Blythe on some stand up jet skis a couple beach chairs and a cooler....lol
This is why I fine tuned my program a few years back. Sold the big boat, and got back to my roots. Got a 19' again with an outboard, so I HAVE to go during the week! I focus more on the river now. If I do Havasu, then we do a house with a pool, so it breaks up the trip and its not all boat oriented. And that the boat is smaller, I don't freak out so much if it sits a few months!

There was a time I was going every other weekend, or back to backs! I'm done with that program! Back to simple.

Springfield

Reaction score
Was at 3 Dunes yesterday mid afternoon for a few hours, to the left in the sand. There was the area in the mid dune, 3 pop up tents, 1 spike anchor, 6-10 chairs and no one home. Sherriff came in said howdy and moved on. Never did see anyone at the bully camp.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
More people need to go by your mantra of “every situation is my fault” or however you worded it.

Basically what could I have done to avoid the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If some one was doing the two step, or guard position on a beach at three dunes in front of my Hallett I honestly don’t know how I’d react to it. After I stopped laughing I’d probably just go somewhere else and say thx for the comedy show.

Or I’d turn the stereo up and pull on the beach anyways. Lol. Guess it would depend on the situation and how it played out.

Honestly life’s too short to deal with BS and I go on the water to have fun, not ruin anyone’s day or have anyone ruin mine.

Other than that one incident with those crazy people parking their cars on the launch ramp I haven’t ever had an issue on the water.

To be clear though I wasn’t there and am not passing judgement on this guy because I don’t know if he did it or not.. more to the point I don’t care.. lol. I’d still buy the guy a beer and hang out with him.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
All I do is steal everyone’s beers out of their cooler and play my music loud enough that everyone has to listen to it. Then I let my kids splash everyone’s boats and shoot super soakers into the old guys faces while they are trying to relax in their chairs.. Sometimes I let roll around in the sand and tell them to play hide and go seek in everyone else’s boats..

But that’s normal isn’t it? If I’m doing it wrong than I wish someone would say something. :D.
you forgot about bringing the dog to drop a deuce without picking it up...

lbhsbz

Reaction score

Amature.

Where's your water balloon slingshot?

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

Don’t forget trying to fight people at the launch ramp. :)

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
It was a weird weekend for sure. The launch ramp at windsor was crazy. Maybe it was the heat that was getting to people. We saw a couple of fights almost break out at the ramp when we were pulling out on Saturday. On my way up in the pontoon I had a seadoo wash us down on my starboard side while we were both underway. He was within inches of me - no exaggeration. If I veered I would have taken him out. It scared my wife. My boys thought it was funny. Personally it would have hurt him more than me and being 115 out... On Saturdays it just feels like people have forgotten how to drive boats, launch and retrieve.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I haven't read the entire thread, but Ill add this. I share a small beach down on the lower river, sometimes we have no where to park and other times we're the first ones there. We can anchor about 3 boats deep off the shore or you can beach it. I will always make an effort to walk out into the current and catch a friend when they are approaching, that has not always been done for me though. What I have noticed this summer, and maybe its because I have kids now, but, I really dont enjoy the people/pontoons that park on the beach lol 1. it kills the view 2. the kids run out of beach to play on (dogs too!) 3. its a pain in the ass to walk to my cooler.

I have done 3 dunes a few times but prefer to not boat Havasu and I live here LOL I say that mainly because I have a small boat for the lake and I enjoy getting out of town for the weekends.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I never understand why people complaining don’t just do something, or move on.
Calling out after the fact is pointless. The guy in the pic is skinny fat, man boobs, and couldn’t handle a physical challenge.

You either confront or move on in life, it is that simple.

No need for warm water in the lake. Nice and cool in the gorge, plenty of beaches too. Yore welcome for the Pro tip, lol!

Mike K

Reaction score
I had that exact same thing happen to me last year at 3 Dunes ... rude old guy with a visor & fake hair took up an easy 50 feet with his red & white Eliminator Eagle and he used an ez-up to take another spot and then he and his 3 guests floated on an aqua pad in the water next to that. I slowly came closer and asked him "nicely" about all of his space ... he cussed me out and was very rude ... all in front of my daughters. There are always a few clueless people that just don't get it. But 99% of the time ...we always meet the nicest people at 3 Dunes for sure.

wayniac

Reaction score
I feel kind of fortunate to not even know where 3 dunes is... That being said, on a crowded beach, people should make room for the next boat, which is kind of the point of going around the other boats... If you want a private beach, find something smaller away from the other people.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I agree.. just like everything else on the internet, and humanity in general. The focus gets put on the .01% of people that are the problem. Plenty of other people had a great day on the water.

I never understand why people complaining don’t just do something, or move on.
Calling out after the fact is pointless. The guy in the pic is skinny fat, man boobs, and couldn’t handle a physical challenge.

You either confront or move on in life, it is that simple.

No need for warm water in the lake. Nice and cool in the gorge, plenty of beaches too. Yore welcome for the Pro tip, lol!

Agreed.. if you encounter something like this, either beach your boat and deal with the guy, or move on. Any other option is not worth the effort.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I can't get those 3 minutes back. Damn

giphy.gif

Duffster

Reaction score
Why is he an asshat?
He obviously was there before most others and plopped himself down like anyone else would. Putting our boats on the beach is doing the same thing as he is, keeping others off that piece of beach.
Do you drive up on other people on a fully occupied small beach and muscle your way in if there's no room? Probably not, so why do we feel the need to do it at 3 dunes. That is all I'm getting at.[/QUOTE

He’s still does not own the entire beach when there’s room. And it’s not a small beach the guy just sounds like a total dickhead.

Sherpa

Reaction score
100% agree.
I only launch at the Nautical and last time the the rudeness was off the charts. My wife is still learning to back up the trailer with the F350 DRW. She warned the guy behind her she was learning with the truck and going to take her time. That guy drove around her and used the entire ramp. I was pissed and told my wife drive around again and get away from that guy.

I don't condone whatever that dude did when your wife was trying to back in the trailer.

however:

the boat ramp is not a place to learn how to back a trailer. period. take the rig to an empty parking lot and have her learn there.
nothing worse than a shitshow boat ramp follies to just piss off everybody and start or end the day on a bad note.

--Sherpa

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don't condone whatever that dude did when your wife was trying to back in the trailer.

however:

the boat ramp is not a place to learn how to back a trailer. period. take the rig to an empty parking lot and have her learn there.
nothing worse than a shitshow boat ramp follies to just piss off everybody and start or end the day on a bad note.

--Sherpa

And we’re off..

His wife knows how to back a trailer. No one is perfect, nor do they know exactly how a new vehicle is going to be on the ramp, until it is on the ramp.

If you are going to let launch ramp theatrics define your day or trip, find a new pastime. No one is perfect, and mishaps happen to the best of us. It is a public ramp, for public use. The general public is dumb, so go in with low expectations and you wont be disappointed.

Singleton

Reaction score

however:

--Sherpa

It’s a private ramp and my wife knows what she is doing. She told the guy she was new with this truck. She was lined up and backing in when he cut her off and backed in blocking both lanes (2 lane ramp, but only 1 is functional due to sand). She does not drive the DRW that much. She nails the ramp in her Yukon.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
It’s a private ramp and my wife knows what she is doing. She told the guy she was new with this truck. She was lined up and backing in when he cut her off and backed in blocking both lanes (2 lane ramp, but only 1 is functional due to sand). She does not drive the DRW that much. She nails the ramp in her Yukon.

Don't worry, most guys here couldn't back in a dually and boat.

That's how I learned. '84 F350 dually, 74 Eliminator bubble deck.

Dan'l

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Almost every time we go to 3 Dunes I get bit by sand fleas or swimmers itch or whatever the hell it is, up North miles of sugar sand beaches and cleaner cooler water.

Mid July is about the time I refrain from 3 dunes, as the water is no longer refreshing. The water took a little longer to warm up this year though.

Tireman

Reaction score

nope...you are river dave

outboard_256

Reaction score

Dan'l

this is the truth. My friend saw a guy with a dually get stuck on the ramp the other weekend. Guy just kept his foot in it till he slid backwards and jackknifed. Everyone yelling at him to stop but he just kept bouncing those rear tires. This couple retired ladys in a new 4x4 tuck had to pull him and the boat out.

4Waters

Reaction score

Dan'l
Why would a dually be more difficult?

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Should have let loose on said offender with the Super soaker. :D