WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No saving spots at 3 Dunes

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Yeah, it eventually shows up in the mirrors, small corrections. My trailer is as wide as a dually.

This was 35 years ago, at Sandpoint's launch ramp. Sketchy at best.

I was 14 the summer of '84. Launching pops boat with him in it. Manual transmission, too. Maybe I should have asked you to do it?

Dan'l

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
This was 35 years ago, at Sandpoint's launch ramp. Sketchy at best.

I was 14 the summer of '84. Launching pops boat with him in it. Manual transmission, too. Maybe I should have asked you to do it?

Dan'l
Pops trusted me the same at 14 and about the same era. More with the truck than the boat. lol
Imagine the looks one would get today.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
He may have not been the most pleasant in defending his space but he was there before the rude boaters tried to cramp his style, lol.....his prerogative to do so.
It's just not the way most of us would handle it although I've seen plenty of boaters saving spots in much the same manner. Ask OSB, he had words with other boaters there I think it was Desert Storm.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
He may have not been the most pleasant in defending his space but he was there before the rude boaters tried to cramp his style, lol.....his prerogative to do so.
It's just not the way most of us would handle it although I've seen plenty of boaters saving spots in much the same manner. Ask OSB, he had words with other boaters there I think it was Desert Storm.

So have you figured out who it was yet?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So have you figured out who it was yet?
No idea...someone else said he's known.
It doesn't matter really, it could be anyone. Maybe he found the hat floating famously in the lake, who knows.:)
My point is more about the idea that because someone pulls up in a boat it gives him/her the right to push someone else aside who is occupying the beach sans a boat.
:cool:

adam909

Reaction score
A year or two ago I had a issue at three dunes as well.. it was a Thursday morning around 830 and we pulled into 3dunes and it was completely empty.. I noticed a couple easy ups on its side, chairs, deflated rafts, just laying next to the water line.. I park get my boat situated and I move what I appeared to be trash that some one left next to the trash can.. As Im dragging the last easy up to the trash pile a boat comes blazing in still on plane in a no wake yelling at me.. He parks and then it really gets heated. Saying that all that crap he layed out was his to save spots for him and other boats and I shouldn't be touching his stuff.. By this time a few other boats moved in where he had staged all his shit.. Me and a few other boater put the dude in his place. He had a small bayliner type boat so he made a trip over from the springs to unload all his crap then went back to grab all his people.. I just don't get peoples way of thinking.. totally clueless.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
I
Let me clarify.....the guy was out of control Dave and threw a full beer at me threatening to "kill" me . I calmly placed my firearm within reach in case this guy really lost it. I was not the only one anchored, in fact there were several boats milling around with people standing way closer to this guy just holding their boats. For some reason I was the target of his rage, I wasn't doing anything several others were doing.
I salute you, no need to justify to anyone.
From the sounds of it he took physical action toward you and you simply insured your saftey

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Just a thought, if you bought a bunch of those inflatable boats at Costco and got to the beach really early and play them all and Beach them does it count?

Asking for a friend

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I can’t believe this thread is on top of the dam run thread. Whats going on with this place Dave? Check out how many boats we got on that little beach by willow. Water was so called my legs kept going numb :p
TTT:p:D
Wonder who will piss in someone's 3 dunes cheerios this weekend?:)

rvrrun

Reaction score
Just a thought, if you bought a bunch of those inflatable boats at Costco and got to the beach really early and play them all and Beach them does it count?

Asking for a friend
My wife just bought three of those inflatable paddle boards. I’m going to inflate them when we get there and line them up on the beach next to our boat.

...sideways

checkrd past

Reaction score
I understand what everyone is talking about with the changing of the boating attitude but I must say ,this year with 7 trips in so far, everyone that we parked next to or people that pulled up to us have been absolutely super cool. I hope I did't jinks it.

Tank

Reaction score
I took the past 7 years away from boating (for the most part) when we sold our Cigarette due to little babies. Past couple years did Desert storm with a buddy and never stopped doing the Key West Worlds / Poker run, Have always had zero issues and now that we bought another Cig we've been to Naci a couple times and been out in the ocean a bunch of times and really, haven't had issues once and have noticed zero difference in the good times had. Now, I haven't been to Havasu with the new boat but that's coming soon. I, like others have said, just seem to avoid conflict while on the lake. I'm way too happy to be there to let shit bother me and if something does irk me, pass a beer and jump in the water, or vise versa I should say. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I took the past 7 years away from boating (for the most part) when we sold our Cigarette due to little babies. Past couple years did Desert storm with a buddy and never stopped doing the Key West Worlds / Poker run, Have always had zero issues and now that we bought another Cig we've been to Naci a couple times and been out in the ocean a bunch of times and really, haven't had issues once and have noticed zero difference in the good times had. Now, I haven't been to Havasu with the new boat but that's coming soon. I, like others have said, just seem to avoid conflict while on the lake. I'm way too happy to be there to let shit bother me and if something does irk me, pass a beer and jump in the water, or vise versa I should say. :D

I’m not sure I’ll ever go on a cigarette against. Lol.

Tank

Reaction score
I’m not sure I’ll ever go on a cigarette against. Lol.
LOL....You'll be fine. Get out here and we'll go hit the Islands. Not everyone runs them loose bro ;):D