WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No School = Surf's Up for the daughter and her genius Jeep idea...

C-2

Reaction score
For the past several months we have been racking our brains trying to find surf racks for my daughter's Jeep. On a 2-door Jeep there is no rail on the hard top, and using soft racks for surfboards thru a single window does not offer enough support. We searched high and low and short of a cage, or a super expensive Thule system, nothing could be found.

So the daughter suggested putting the rear strap of the soft rack under the hard top - and Voila - super solid surf racks!

She's off to the in-laws in Newps and plans on hitting it hard during her time off from high school.

IMG-4242.jpg

IMG-4241.jpg

IMG-4243.jpg

rack3.JPG

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Looks like she’s living the dream! Awesome idea! I had a 93 Chevy shortbed back in my surfing days, no issues stacking the boards in the bed, and half a 55 gallon drum to build a fire in to light up the lineup for night surfing. Man those were great times!

Reactions: C-2

boatpi

Reaction score
Most people for short board to use a hitch insert with a surfboard rack custom-made and stand them straight up just watch yourself going in the parking garages.

sirbob

Reaction score
Most people for short board to use a hitch insert with a surfboard rack custom-made and stand them straight up just watch yourself going in the parking garages.

That’s an interesting rack set up.

I live in San Clemente and I’ve never seen that. In fact, I very rarely see people that use short boards with any rack - most of them carry the board IN the car.

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
Looks like she’s living the dream! Awesome idea! I had a 93 Chevy shortbed back in my surfing days, no issues stacking the boards in the bed, and half a 55 gallon drum to build a fire in to light up the lineup for night surfing. Man those were great times!

She's a great kid and has cool interests, and yup, living the dream. Well, as best as mom and dad can afford, lol.

C-2

Reaction score
Sad ending, but what a legacy he left. She should be very proud.

Aww, thanks. We miss him. JP is holding his own at the same location were Russell opened in 1967.

C-2

Reaction score

I saw the similar type setup with a hitch mount rack for Kayaks. I never thought of the way you describe, thanks. She uses an 8'1" right now, and the soft top longboards for friends.

C-2

Reaction score
DK- Cool daughter right there.

Haaa haaa, good catch! One of her favorites, along with PIL, Adolescents, Black Flag...you name it. We're going to Cruel World Fest (if it doesn't get cancelled) so she can see her other fav Morrissey.

No rap here.