WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No See Ums

spectras only

Reaction score
Rotten little bastards ruined my evening.:mad: Before you know it, you've got red spots all over you that itch like a mofo. What's the best cream or any remedy to deal with them other than make a lot of smoke while sitting outside. It was 95 F today and wanted to enjoy the cooling down sitting outside:rolleyes:

Which one of these you found best? https://pestpolicy.com/best-no-see-ums-repellent/

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Damn you and your thread! Now I think I feel one on my shin!! :mad:

It's gonna be a long night. :p

NicPaus

Reaction score
None of those listed have worked for me. The neighbor has a lotion forget the name that works. I quit going across the street years ago cause they eat me alive. Unless the wind is blowing they are there. 2 weeks of scratching from them damn no see ums.

gqchris

Reaction score
Something bit the hell out of me on Saturday in Havasu. Still scratching. We went out on a sunset cruise and they nailed me.

Noone else got bothered, which is odd. Its been years since I had even one bite. But my time was up this weekend!

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Gnats. Benadryl cream works ok for the itching. A good layer of DEET helps keep the off you.

cpdad93

Reaction score
here they get you behind the ears and make you bleed. for some reason, only one yer to newcomers, then you are immune.

TCHB

Reaction score
Golfing here in Williams and yes we need Mosquito spray on the golf coarse. Thanks

HBCraig

Reaction score
I used to get abuse by no see ums when I was in college in Alabama. It sucjed

cpdad93

Reaction score
I believe you can rub snoose juice all over yourself also.

spectras only

Reaction score
Was going to start digging a hole building a water fountain during the day when these things are sleeping, but was 95F. Decided to dig around 7:30pm and got eaten alive by these fuckers. I'll have to finish digging tomorrow, even if it goes to 100F during the day.:eek: wonder if regular mosquito repellent works?

Nordie

Reaction score
Noseeums are fucking relentless. My year stay in SWFL I got eaten alive by them. One night after work my uncle and I went out fishing for snook on the intercoastal water way. Anyhow we boated up close to the mangroves when suddenly my feet were on fucking fire...Those bastards chewed me up, I must of had about 50 bites on each foot. I figured the after work deal being in long socks and work boots probably attracted them more...I'll never forget that feeling on my feet, and the itching afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nordie

Reaction score
I think I was in Walgreens one day, and I seen one of those goofy looking bracelets you see people wear, the rubber type ones. But it was made by off or cutter or something like that. Anyhow I started wearing them and it really worked out well for me, I was for sure bitten significantly less while wearing it.

I've heard that drinkers attract more mosquitoes as well, and that does seem to hold merit, as I got bit a lot

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Lol I’ve never heard of these and at first thought you were all just joking around. So I googled. Learn something new every day. Heh.

spectras only

Reaction score
Lol I’ve never heard of these and at first thought you were all just joking around. So I googled. Learn something new every day. Heh.

Ceratopogonidae is a family of flies commonly known as no-see-ums, or biting midges, generally 1-3 mm in length. The family includes more than 5,000 species:eek:, distributed worldwide, apart from the Antarctic and the Arctic. The scientific name is from the Greek keratos and pogon.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Brutal compared to a mosquito bite. I gave up on going across the road from Echo few years back as no matter how much bug spray I used I would still get bit. Up to 2 weeks if you scratch it once. Some people they don't even bother.

Backlash

Reaction score
Noseeums are fucking relentless. My year stay in SWFL I got eaten alive by them. One night after work my uncle and I went out fishing for snook on the intercoastal water way. Anyhow we boated up close to the mangroves when suddenly my feet were on fucking fire...Those bastards chewed me up, I must of had about 50 bites on each foot. I figured the after work deal being in long socks and work boots probably attracted them more...I'll never forget that feeling on my feet, and the itching afterwards.

All I can say is..........Chokoloskee. :D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Silly boys, there aren't any no see ums out West! You want no see ums, I'll take you to South Florida in the summer and REALLY show you what you're missing! :D

You ain’t shitting about that.
You don’t have to go to south Florida, Panama City on the panhandle educated me on those little bastards.

Then you have those damned “sweat bees” as you head north to Ohio and the Midwest states.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Guys who hunted in Florida used Avon Skin So Soft on the barrels of their rifles to keep the No See Ems away.

sonicss31

Reaction score
609830B8-5666-4157-A4FB-629D471DA628.jpeg
Guys who hunted in Florida used Avon Skin So Soft on the barrels of their rifles to keep the No See Ems away.
Yes that does work also those wrist bands work good too. There is a topical called “Iguana Juice” sold in the Keys that works too. I have a place on Cudjoe Key and there are times they feast on me.

Last edited:

Nordie

Reaction score
Iguana noted...

Noseeum damage
20160716_170430.jpg
20160404_194036.jpg

sonicss31

Reaction score
The above pic is why they are called what there are.

TCHB

Reaction score
Elephant Rocks?
Nice area. We camp just past there on the fire roads but the mosquitos are bad
We go on the south side of the 40 and there aren't any
Must be all the lakes and watering for the gc
Yes that is where we golf. I noticed very few people ever go out of the RV in the late afternoons. Too many bites.

We just go up and golf for a couple days and come back to no bugs.