WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No Speed Limit for Semis in CA?

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
While I won’t reveal my personal beliefs... I will say that 70 in a big rig is a misdemeanor, and carries 2 points if convicted.

I’m aware. Just curious if you lifted the speed limit since the hours of service went out the door

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Use to be, note use to be....major trucking companies had all their trucks governed to 65 max.
I drove for Interstate Trucking their trucks are governed to 62, I always got in trouble for going 65 on down grades.
It is the private owned truck that are ungoverned.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
While I won’t reveal my personal beliefs... I will say that 70 in a big rig is a misdemeanor, and carries 2 points if convicted.
As a Former CDL driver, Truck drivers travel the same Routes over and over and Learn where the bears are set up.
Watkins and Shepard had no Governed speed and paper logs, interstate Trucking had Governed speed and paper logs,
When they all went to Electronic logs I quit.
Also so our CB's warn each other where the bears and Evel knievel are set up, and location.
I never got caught, I could spot the bears and evel knievels anywhere.

Last edited:

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
As a Former CDL driver, Truck drivers travel the same Routes over and over and Learn where the bears are set up.
Also so our CB's warn each other where the bears and Evel knievel are set up, and location.
I never got caught, I could spot the bears and evel knievels anywhere.

I drove OTR for 5 years myself. I know the tricks and used them all, so I may have a better grip or understanding as to what a CDL driver goes through. I’m also a former Evel Knievel. I never got caught, just like you.

Those tricks only work when you use them though, and believe me there’s plenty that don’t. The industry has changed a TON since I drove, in ways that I won’t get into on a public forum. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.

I’m about as laid back as it gets... Use the tools you have available at your disposal, and you and I will never meet.

I don’t take traffic infractions personally, but I’ve seen all too often what happens when 80,000 lbs meets steel, glass, and human flesh at elevated speeds... so if I can keep you (people, not YOU specifically) on your toes and maybe a little more alert, I’m good with it.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I drove OTR for 5 years myself. I know the tricks and used them all, so I may have a better grip or understanding as to what a CDL driver goes through. I’m also a former Evel Knievel. I never got caught, just like you.

Those tricks only work when you use them though, and believe me there’s plenty that don’t. The industry has changed a TON since I drove, in ways that I won’t get into on a public forum. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.

I’m about as laid back as it gets... Use the tools you have available at your disposal, and you and I will never meet.

I don’t take traffic infractions personally, but I’ve seen all too often what happens when 80,000 lbs meets steel, glass, and human flesh at elevated speeds... so if I can keep you (people, not YOU specifically) on your toes and maybe a little more alert, I’m good with it.
Right on, Watkins and Shepard had no Governed speed and paper logs, interstate Trucking had Governed speed and paper logs,
When they all went to Electronic logs I quit and went to work for Caltrans, in the winter 12hours Shifts 24/7 during Snow storms is the norm, Caltrans workers own the hwy, When there is a problem CHP is called to assist.

gqchris

Reaction score
Coming home today was a different story. 3 units on the 40. @FlyByWire which one is you :)? Lol

IMG_2692.JPG
IMG_2691.JPG

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Truckers are always crawling up my ass, I stay pretty much around 70
Let me clarify.... most OTR guys are not my issue, usually they are courteous..

It's Those friggin local bottonm loaders, gravel/dirt haulers, whatever you call them are usually driving like dick heads

gqchris

Reaction score
We saw him as well today. Have a feeling we passed you

Nice! Yea had a good weekend of solo offroading. Although when I arrived to Kevins Cabin,there were about 60 peeps there with kids running around all over! We turned around and social distanced ourselves! LOL

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

It's Those friggin local bottonm loaders, gravel/dirt haulers, whatever you call them are usually driving like dick heads

Sounds like you should have left earlier.

Bottom loaders, lol

You should probably stay in your lane.

Dan'l

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score

maybe don't take so long washing your pussy and you wont be in such a hurry👍.

4Waters

Reaction score

the truckers are in the hurry.... 😺
Those guys are usually paid by the load, not an excuse just the reason why. That's why I got an hourly job, I keep it 60-62.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Those guys are usually paid by the load, not an excuse just the reason why. That's why I got an hourly job, I keep it 60-62.
Im paid by the ton. My truck is always 79,500-80,000. 60 is my avg round town. out on the super slab, i like to bump it up to 65-67. Fuel milage gets killed after that. I like my 7.0-7.2 mpg so i dont mind slower. Outta state i keep it under 75. I did 80 few times in Utah, just doesnt feel right in a truck. Blow a steer and you are DONE imho. 75 in a loaded truck burns a shitload of fuel even on flat ground. I have 3.08’s in the rear end, cant even put it in the big hole loaded.