WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No Wonder Some People Think the World is Ending

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Got back from the river house last night and watched TV for a while to relax after the drive. The cable box was on channel 2 for some reason and the news was on. We never watch the news because it’s pretty much BS, but I figured just leave it there and see what’s being said.

Holy shit.

The outright lies, distortion, and sensationalism are just amazing.

**The virus is “exploding” in the south!**

**The death toll has tripled in one day!**

**Hospitals are overwhelmed!**

Absolutely nothing positive, completely factual, or encouraging. These people should be completely ashamed of themselves.

I’m sure there are a few people here who will say, “Hey, it’s true! This is serious stuff!” You are the ones who need to stop watching this shit. It’s a concern, yes, but nowhere near as bad as it’s being made out to be.

My wife’s parents watch the news every day. They have become ultra paranoid and some of the stuff they are doing as a result is ridiculous. It’s sad the media has been so successful at scaring them so badly. It really is mental torture for a lot of people.

On the virus and other issues, stop watching the news and taking it as gospel. Reach back behind your legs, grab your ears, pull your head out of your ass, and think for yourself. Do your own research, learn, and start putting a lot less faith in these media whores who report what they do simply for the sake of getting as many viewers as they can.

Completely disgusting.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Theres a bunch of people on twitter/tiktok/youtube, etc going around fact checking the news about these "explosions"... theres no lines at the hospitals, etc. Its all just media scare. Applebee's is dead, but CBS 2 stands to make a killing with all of the views because people have nothing else better to do.

just_floatin

Reaction score
YEP
5922C9AA-ABF4-4478-8C15-AA7BD0DA30A6.jpeg

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Pretty much a double edged sword. Havasu News, at times they can be less than accurate, reports hospitals in Mohave County are currently at about 40% less occupancy from what is typical for this time of year. Same is true for their ER activity. As reported, this is largely because all elective surgeries and procedures are currently on hold. This reduction in occupancy and activity also brings a corresponding reduction in revenue for these hospitals. And there you have it.

Your ad here

Reaction score
My aunt works at a hospital. Says they are about 60% capacity... when things are normal they are at 60% capacity. The trouble they are having is they aren't able to replenish their PPE operating at 60% since everyone is buying all the inventory. If they hit closer to 100% capacity they have the room but not enough PPE.

707dog

Reaction score
Theres a bunch of people on twitter/tiktok/youtube, etc going around fact checking the news about these "explosions"... theres no lines at the hospitals, etc. Its all just media scare. Applebee's is dead, but CBS 2 stands to make a killing with all of the views because people have nothing else better to do.
i posted a video down in the dungeon with hospitals in NY and LA...

RCDave

Reaction score
The media finally found something bigger than california fires to report on.

NOTSOFAST

Reaction score
Good advice on not watching the news. I've bailed on it and feel a lot better. You can get your updates with some of the on-line news outlets and stop reading when it gets too sensational.

tunnel vision

Reaction score
Best thing about this virus is there are no mass shootings or homeless stories...Who knew.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Got back from the river house last night and watched TV for a while to relax after the drive. The cable box was on channel 2 for some reason and the news was on. We never watch the news because it’s pretty much BS, but I figured just leave it there and see what’s being said.

Holy shit.

**The virus is “exploding” in the south!**

**The death toll has tripled in one day!**

**Hospitals are overwhelmed!**

Absolutely nothing positive, completely factual, or encouraging. These people should be completely ashamed of themselves.

I’m sure there are a few people here who will say, “Hey, it’s true! This is serious stuff!” You are the ones who need to stop watching this shit. It’s a concern, yes, but nowhere near as bad as it’s being made out to be.

My wife’s parents watch the news every day. They have become ultra paranoid and some of the stuff they are doing as a result is ridiculous. It’s sad the media has been so successful at scaring them so badly. It really is mental torture for a lot of people.

On the virus and other issues, stop watching the news and taking it as gospel. Reach back behind your legs, grab your ears, pull your head out of your ass, and think for yourself. Do your own research, learn, and start putting a lot less faith in these media whores who report what they do simply for the sake of getting as many viewers as they can.

Completely disgusting.
Unfortunately its a "Follow the Money" scenario if one is to understand the media's position, agenda and motivation.... Simply stated they get paid to attract eyeballs. And negativity and hysteria sells ... just how we are hard wired. I counsel my friends to do their best to limit how much news and social media they watch a day. Just get the daily science data to stay aware and safe.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
My son works in Physical therapy at a couple different hospitals and has no work, nobody is having anything done.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Watch the news and you will lose your mind.

I just pulled up to a job. Parked in front of the Nurse house. Her hospital is not as bad as they projected 2 weeks ago. But ICU is full with 26 on ventilators and 18 non ventilated. About a 100 non confirmed cases waiting on tests.

rrrr

Reaction score
Holy shit.

Reach back behind your legs, grab your ears, pull your head out of your ass, and think for yourself. Do your own research, learn, and start putting a lot less faith in these media whores who report what they do simply for the sake of getting as many viewers as they can.

Completely disgusting.

Yesterday Trump said he's a cheerleader for America, and the chocolate and vanilla fluffers at CNN went completely nuts. Lemon, Cooper, and Cuomo claim they are straight news reporters...what a fucking joke that is.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I stopped watching news years ago. I'd sometimes try to catch sports and weather but even that I dgaf about anymore. Pro sports jumped a pod of sharks and weather is on my phone.

sirbob

Reaction score
A big part of the reason "hospitals are not slammed" here is they have stopped all elective treatments and surgeries to limit exposure. When you remove all elective activity in the hospital non informed people say the hospital is empty and has plenty of capacity.

The other issue is - damned if do / damned if they don't...

Keep people out and un informed people think nobody is in hospital and run around calling BS.

Let them come in for elective treatments and surgeries and create a situation they cant handle due to ICU / ventilator shortages when it spreads faster.

WildWilly

Reaction score
between my daughter and several friends who all work in hospitals around the southwest the consensus is the same....they are below normal levels activity. And as pointed out, a lot of that is due to all elective procedures being canceled, but they also feel that the ER is much slower because of all the people normally piling in for little things aren't coming because now they are afraid of getting actually sick lol

Sadly, one Socal Hospital is already reviewing cutbacks on hours in certain departments because they are so slow...and don't need to be. Lots of hype around this one for sure. Not saying this isn't a real deal threat, because these same medical staff will tell you they are seeing cases and deaths...but not to the levels the media wants you to believe.

That said....they've all been offered BIG money short term contracts to go help in NY beause they are under water...so there's the flip side

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trump's daily press conferences are a good way to stay abreast, but the majority of the population get the media's translation of them.

TRUMP needs to address the nation.

He does, at the daily conference but the press won't cover it. It used to be that if a president gave a speech or press conference, the news covered it. If the ass clowns covered it, people wouldn't be so panicked but then people might realize Trump is right, and they don't want that!

Carrera205

Reaction score
Trump's daily press conferences are a good way to stay abreast, but the majority of the population get the media's translation of them.

TRUMP needs to address the nation.
I love watching these.

Performance Grips

Reaction score
Gavin Newsom gave away 400 ventilators yesterday and is giving away 200 more today. I don't think he would be doing that if the peak is coming in 2 or 3 weeks. Unless he wants to complain later that trump didn't give him enough.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Few nurses have mentioned going to work in the hot spots to help. Local hospitals that are shorthanded. 2 weeks ago $4K for 3 shifts. Was told by a customer his wife got offer for $6K for a week 3 shifts. Told her She might have to take it as his work came to almost complete standstill.

shreve"T"

Ex-So Cal.
Reaction score
The whole pandemic is whacked !!! I'm by no means is down playing that we have sick people out there because reality is we do, however not to the extent they want us to believe.. I'm about sick of Dr. Little man (Fauci).. Think he has way to much control over our economy with his doom & gloom

EBT531

Reaction score
There is a lot of BS and truth in whats being said. Are the hospitals overflowing? No, why? Because they are not doing a lot of things they normally do. They are focusing on Covid and there is no need to come in for basic X-rays, out patient surgeries etc.. People who are doing "citizen reporting" etc. have no idea whats going on. You could be outside a hospital where 50 people died, but if there is no line then it must be made up. Or show up after the testing facility ran out of kits for the day and claim there are no lines. Stats can be spun anyway you want and the media focuses on what gets ratings. Citizens focus on anything to try to prove what they were told is false.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago in another thread, my trusted news source is RDP. I cannot tell you when I last watched any news on TV.

76sanger

Reaction score
This is all BS! Stop watching doom and gloom CNN,MSNBC,ABC,CBS,NBC and so on and so forth.
I looked up the World Health Organizations data and the CDC statistics for the last five years for the common flu. 148 million visits to doctors and hospitals per year, 650 thousand deaths per year. Remember, this is for the "common" flu. The Corona Virus is not even getting close to these numbersfrom what we know at this point. I think based on these numbers we ought to be in a pandemic every year. The question is, why aren't we? I dont have a clue, I have assumptions of why. But what I do know is the big doom and gloom news agencies seem to have an agenda that they are working towards.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
The whole pandemic is whacked !!! I'm by no means is down playing that we have sick people out there because reality is we do, however not to the extent they want us to believe.. I'm about sick of Dr. Little man (Fauci).. Think he has way to much control over our economy with his doom & gloom

Fauci is just another puppet on someones payroll getting his pockets lined. I would pretty much bet that Trump has some sort of internal investigation going on right now about this shit, with people HE TRUSTS doing that work. Shit just doesn't add up.

Fell into the rabbit hole a few days ago.. and all this is starting to make sence 🤷‍♂️

Bill Gates "decade of vaccine"
20200409_031835.jpg

20200409_033033.jpg

Micro Needles created to distribute vaccines
Funded by Bill Gates

Bill Gates says some creepy shit after Ebola outbreak
20200409_023350.jpg

Dr. Fauci
20200409_025455.jpg

Bill Gates "Quantum Dot Tattooing"

Bill Gates "mass gatherings may not happen till we get a vaccine"
Which he is funding 🤔
20200409_035845.jpg

Now Bill and Dr Fauci are talking about mandatory vaccination for COVID-19 and putting the quantum dot tattooing in every COVID-19 vaccine. What else can this Quantam Dot shit do?

So why not pay the MSM to keep everyone scared so excepting this vaccine as soon as the Micro Needle Quantum Dot tattooing vaccines are ready.. why not pay the selected few Governors off to keep extending the "shelter at home" and once the vaccine is ready, hey if you come get vaccinated you can go outside again..

I dont see this ending anytime soon. They will manipulate the #s if they have to just to try and justify "shelter at home"

And also explains why Dr. Fauci is trying to convince the masses that the Malaria drug is no good..

Crazy stuff!!

76sanger

Reaction score
What's weird is that Bill Gates just stepped down from Microsoft. He could easily step into another role as a?.....within the "medical" world.
Here's something to maybe think about as well, what about the millions and millions and maybe hundreds of millions of people that have had their DNA tested in the name of finding out who and where you came from. It would not be a stretch for governments to use this so called private data to determine who is in need of this or that vaccine for the betterment of the planet. Someone, somebody or government already knows everything about you if you have done this. That to me is scary s@#t.

76sanger

Reaction score
This just shows how easily it is to control an entire planet. No military actions to start off with. Just whatever "media" platform a government has in their back pocket. And then use the greatest technique every, the "scare" tactic.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
What's weird is that Bill Gates just stepped down from Microsoft. He could easily step into another role as a?.....within the "medical" world.
Here's something to maybe think about as well, what about the millions and millions and maybe hundreds of millions of people that have had their DNA tested in the name of finding out who and where you came from. It would not be a stretch for governments to use this so called private data to determine who is in need of this or that vaccine for the betterment of the planet. Someone, somebody or government already knows everything about you if you have done this. That to me is scary s@#t.
That is no shit..... Ancestory /23andme both are DNA mining the world.... Some call me Paranoid... I call it common sense.

JDKRXW

Reaction score

There's waayyyyy more to it than this.
It's not just whether YOU have had this test done...... if someone in your immediate family has this test done, they've given up 99.9999% of your info too.
The cops are already doing this in serious cases.
Some of these are very interesting, but the ramifications of this on the slippery slope are literally terrifying.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Back to the OP's original thoughts....it really is a damn shame that you can no longer tune into your local news (regardless of which station or outlet) and get anything remotely factual. I find myself seeing a news story and immediately looking at the source. How the major outlets like CNN/MSN/ABC/NBC/Etc....can even live with themselves is beyond me.

Regardless if you like Trump and thinking he is doing a good or bad job, it is ridiculous at how totally (and I mean totally) biased the coverage is of him and every single thing he does. It is statistically impossible to never be right and that's what the media would have you believe about him and his presidency. Really a sad state......

dribble

Reaction score

Fauci saved my bother’s life 20 years ago.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
1586451977300.png

• 1.35 million people die in road accidents worldwide every year — 3,700 deaths a day.
  • Car crashes have risen to the 8th leading cause of death for people globally.
  • Saturday is estimated to be the deadliest day of the week for car crashes in the US.
  • In 2017, there were a total of 34,247 car crashes involving fatalities on US roads.
  • Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents, causing 25–50% of all crashes.
Where is the outrage??

I'm about over all this CV bullshit. It's time to get out there and restore common sense and rationale and stop fucking over 350 million people in this country! Either live life or hide in a bunker because its a scary and dangerous world out there.

Last edited:

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
View attachment 864372

• 1.35 million people die in road accidents worldwide every year — 3,700 deaths a day.
  • Car crashes have risen to the 8th leading cause of death for people globally.
  • Saturday is estimated to be the deadliest day of the week for car crashes in the US.
  • In 2017, there were a total of 34,247 car crashes involving fatalities on US roads.
  • Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents, causing 25–50% of all crashes.
Where is the outrage??

I'm about over all this CV bullshit. I'ts time to get out there and restore common sense and rationale and stop fucking over 350 million people in this country! Either live life or hide in a bunker because its a scary and dangerous world out there.
SDW

careful with bringing common sense into the equation...

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
My grandpa always said there’s a reason anything does or doesn’t happen, MONEY. Find out who has the most to gain, they are paying to make it HAPPEN/NOT HAPPEN