WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Noco Genius Boost Sport - Woot Deal gone wrong?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So a little while ago a member posted up a deal on these jumpstart packs on the GB20's and GB40's.. I got in late and only the 20's were left.. No big deal got a great price right?

It shows up.. I plug it in to start charging it.. This god damn thing has been sitting there charging for a week or more and is still stuck on the 25% thing glowing and not glowing..

Am I screwed? What do I do now? I have no idea how to return something through woot? I do have friends that are dealers of NOCO so I was thinking get one from them and have them return this one, but I hate to ask friends for things like that.

WWYD?

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
POS

20C5174E-6258-455C-8169-7E6649773604.jpeg

Flatsix66

Reaction score
IDK. I ordered on that same deal, next day they wrote me to say my order was cancelled. Maybe they were all refurbs or something.

Backlash

Reaction score
RD I'm surprised that happened. I've had really good luck with NoCo the past few years. I dont know about Woot, but maybe call NoCo and see what they say. 🤷‍♂️

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I got one after you-know-who-posted that Woot thing here. It was a good deal but there seemed to be an issue with it - it wasn't charging all the way so I contacted them - they're in Peoria, AZ and you can email them at [email protected]

When I plugged it into the charger for the first time the lights came on one-by-one as the unit was charged but in the end ALL the lights were on - not just the green one and, the green light wasn’t flashing to indicate it’s in maintenance charging mode. This was after the unit was plugged in overnight. I tried charging it again (using my Apple wall wart with their provided cord as the unit only comes with a 12v charger plug) and got it to go to full charge. But I expected the green light to flash that it's in maintenance charge per the manual (yes I did RTFM).

They emailed me back saying this: "Maintenance mode will only kick in if the voltage drops enough to trigger it. If the voltage stays what is considered 100%, then it will remain solid."

That's clear as mud to me but apparently my GB40 is working correctly. But that's the first and last time I buy from Woot

Feelin Nauti

Reaction score
you should watch this review of multiple battery jump starters - NOCO didnt do to well...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN8A2nIMUWA

digger

Reaction score
Go to woot.com - account- customer service.. that should tell you what to do. Just call them they will take it back. They always have for me.

Tooned Up

Reaction score
I have the GB150 which I bought from and Interstate Battery deal while I was in North Dakota. I can say it has worked every time I have used it from day 1. Ironically yesterday I used it for the 1st time since January and then again today with out any type of failure. We were talking about it and It’s been since January that I have even looked at it let along charge it. It’s been good to me for sure.

2Driver

Reaction score
Call Noco they have great customer service from my experience. LOL Real people with brains answer from America

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
So a little while ago a member posted up a deal on these jumpstart packs on the GB20's and GB40's.. I got in late and only the 20's were left.. No big deal got a great price right?

It shows up.. I plug it in to start charging it.. This god damn thing has been sitting there charging for a week or more and is still stuck on the 25% thing glowing and not glowing..

Am I screwed? What do I do now? I have no idea how to return something through woot? I do have friends that are dealers of NOCO so I was thinking get one from them and have them return this one, but I hate to ask friends for things like that.

WWYD?

RD

I belive those have to be hooked to an actual battery to charge. It is a charger/maintainer that will supply boost when battery is low. At least that how they used to be unless they have changed them. Try hooking it to a battery and see what happens. It's not like a normal "jump box" it is a "booster".

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I believe Woot is an Amazon company.

SoCal_BT

Reaction score

WWYD?

RD

I have the noco 150 works great! Have you tried charging it with the USB port in your vehicle to see if it’s the wall charger? If that don’t work I would contact their support team to see if they can help.

SoCal_BT

Reaction score
The GB20 is for engines 4.0L and smaller. The 150 is for 10L and smaller so make sure it’s the right one for you. They have a few models in between too.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
you should watch this review of multiple battery jump starters - NOCO didnt do to well...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN8A2nIMUWA

If you can listen to that guy's shrieking voice you'll see this:
The best unit he says is the Audew 2,000 AMP peak, 20,000 mAh weighing 3.29 lbs. at $96.65 on Amazon
And he tested that against the Noco GB40 Plus which is 1,000 AMP peak, 6,400 mAh, weighing 2.69 lbs. and was $75.80 on Woot

You get what you pay for and there are plenty of very positive reviews of the Noco units

Noco GB40 specs: https://www.impactbattery.com/noco-gb40-genius-boost-lithium-jump-starter-1000a.html

PRORACER7474

Reaction score
there are alot of fake tools on the internet for sale, things like Ford IDS scanner that look OEM but have no data, Autel and Launch scanners the same the cases are right but not the data, NOCO is good stuff not alot of problems. Kind of like MSD boxes for $150 on line compared to $700 from a speed center

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
there are alot of fake tools on the internet for sale, things like Ford IDS scanner that look OEM but have no data, Autel and Launch scanners the same the cases are right but not the data, NOCO is good stuff not alot of problems. Kind of like MSD boxes for $150 on line compared to $700 from a speed center

I have 2 Black & Decker chargers, one for the Hallett and one for the GTO. They stay in a float mode when fully charged. Can't complain yet.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I posted the deal and sorry to hear you are having issues with the Noco GB20. Yes, Woot is an Amazon company and you shouldn't have any issues returning it and getting a full refund.

Woot is an American Internet retailer based in the Dallas suburb of Carrollton, Texas. Founded by electronics wholesaler Matt Rutledge, it debuted on July 12, 2004. Woot's main website generally offers only one discounted product each day, often a piece of computer hardware or an electronic gadget. Wikipedia
Parent organization: Amazon.com
Founder: Matt Rutledge
Founded: 2004
Headquarters: Carrollton, TX
Number of employees: 140
Acquisition date: 2010

WWYD?

RD

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
RD, I have 3 Noco 150’s and use them weekly and haven’t had a issue yet. I’m sure the company will back it up.

copterzach

Reaction score
I have a GB40 and a GB150. Had them both for a few years. Never a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicMan

Reaction score

WWYD?

RD
Im not surprised, I purchased 2 GB70s from Grainger. One of them never charged as you mentioned, the other worked just fine. I noticed they both had different packaging, maybe a bad batch.