WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Non-Participants....Desert Storm - float and watch or just boat and find your cove?

schweeng

Reaction score
last year large group sided-tied to watch the "run" to the first stop. Huge disappointment or maybe just real boring with the way the boats came down the lake... thinking I may just go up river.. get a good spot at Pirates and wait for the show to get there. I understand the safety they had to put into the runs.... just missing those old days of multiple packs flying down the river.

Tank

Reaction score
last year large group sided-tied to watch the "run" to the first stop. Huge disappointment or maybe just real boring with the way the boats came down the lake... thinking I may just go up river.. get a good spot at Pirates and wait for the show to get there. I understand the safety they had to put into the runs.... just missing those old days of multiple packs flying down the river.
Yeah, we wont sit and watch the run to the first stop this year. Probably get a better show beaching up on the river somewhere south of Pirates and watch everyone haul ass past.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Yea it’s been that way for a while now. I’ll likely be at 3 dunes

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
That was when it was all about CS1 now the particpents don’t even care.

Icky

Reaction score
Been at 3 dunes the last few years, not sure what we're doing this year as it's been a constant disappointment, couldn't tell there was an event going on. Probably float and watch the parade then head up river

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
The thrill of watching everyone running hard to CS1 ended a few years ago.
Last year a large group of participants did not even run it, they went north to Pirates.
Last year, was also my last year being a participant. We were in the last group to be released being in the under 75mph speed group. With the time limits at card stops, we could not even make them all. Plus we missed the heli shots due to the time that opened and then closed.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The thrill of watching everyone running hard to CS1 ended a few years ago.
Last year a large group of participants did not even run it, they went north to Pirates.
Last year, was also my last year being a participant. We were in the last group to be released being in the under 75mph speed group. With the time limits at card stops, we could not even make them all. Plus we missed the heli shots due to the time that opened and then closed.

That blows. 😕

Yoshiro

Reaction score
Last year was the first year for us and I gotta say, I was disappointed. We went down river and anchored and waited. A few boats went by and a helicopter and that was it. I thought to myself where are all the boats?

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Just pick a spot across from site six and chill till the Indian comes and ask for money

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I had more fun just hanging in Thompson bay .
Waiting for boats haulin ass to a card stop was a disappointing .
This year not sure what I will do .

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Last year was the first year for us and I gotta say, I was disappointed. We went down river and anchored and waited. A few boats went by and a helicopter and that was it. I thought to myself where are all the boats?
This last year was a clusterfuck in terms of parade/boat setup for poker run etc. I’ll never wait in that mess again. Trying to look for a flag in a sea of boats to go through a channel packed full.. all while trying not to get hit (which I did wind up getting hit) Nope. Going to sit my happy ass at the start of the poker run till it’s my time to go.. if it wasn’t for already agreeing to go with friends I’d sit it out, and maybe be a safety boat lol.

Singleton

Reaction score
This last year was a clusterfuck in terms of parade/boat setup for poker run etc. I’ll never wait in that mess again. Trying to look for a flag in a sea of boats to go through a channel packed full.. all while trying not to get hit (which I did wind up getting hit) Nope. Going to sit my happy ass at the start of the poker run till it’s my time to go.. if it wasn’t for already agreeing to go with friends I’d sit it out, and maybe be a safety boat lol.

I told Christina, flag boats must have a radio and IMO all participates should as well.
Multiple years in a row, my section leader had no radio and no idea WTF they were doing

Hammer

Reaction score
DS being exciting on the water is done. Only thing cool is the street fair. At the same time, it's the same boats every year. It's been stagnant...

Icky

Reaction score
I'm thinking the sand bar this year, unless of course we get stuck on the sandbar at the mouth of the river then it will be that sand bar.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
We might go out for the street fair, but after that, we'll probably just hang down by the Springs and waterski. DS is boring to watch and I cant convince any family to try participating at least once for the hell of it. They all think its a waste of gas.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Watch the parade in the channel (get there early) then high tail it to pirates!

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Last year we anchored on the California side kinda north of 3 Dunes and watched the boats fly by. I thought it was awesome 👏

This year we will probably head up to Pirates for breakfast and wait for all the boats to arrive. The Street Party on Thursday is where it’s at for me. Had a blast last year. It was the highlight of 2021 for me!!!