WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Noob from the west coast

Long Hall

Reaction score
I stumbled onto this magnificent asylum while researching problems with my 2015 BIIXR.
My boat is 28' sport fisher powered by a single Yanmar 315hp diesel tied to the BIII with an aquadrive jackshaft. lots of torque. reliability is all I am interested in and after spending hours and hours searching for videos I found this place and decided it might be worth my time to sit awhile and learn something about how these drives work. absolutely the best information available on the net is what I found here. looking forward to learning more.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Welcome- lots of very knowledgeable people on this site and several comedians. Definitely helps make the day go by a little quicker

Long Hall

Reaction score
thank you all. I have already found invaluable information here looking forward to learning more.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I stumbled onto this magnificent asylum while researching problems with my 2015 BIIXR.
My boat is 28' sport fisher powered by a single Yanmar 315hp diesel tied to the BIII with an aquadrive jackshaft. lots of torque. reliability is all I am interested in and after spending hours and hours searching for videos I found this place and decided it might be worth my time to sit awhile and learn something about how these drives work. absolutely the best information available on the net is what I found here. looking forward to learning more.

When you are going for top speed, do go with the tide or against it? Make sure to text RD a screenshot of your GPS speedometer for validation of said top speed.

Welcome aboard. PM 460 for your...ah forget it, try him on RDP Facebook. Lol

Long Hall

Reaction score
Im new here, and I realize I am an outsider in more ways than one. Our interests in boats are quite different. You don’t run downriggers or outriggers and if it took you as long to cross the bay as it takes me you would probably be very disappointed in the performance of your boat where as I would be happy for just another day on the water doing what I enjoy most and getting me and my passengers safely back to Harbor. But our boats are similar in that we all have the same basic propulsion system, engine, drive and props. Here’s what brought me here, You people break more shit on boats than any other boating interest bar none, you push the limits of every component in the propulsion system and because of that you also expose the weaknesses of all related components and then develop the parts to withstand the horsepower and torque required to push your boats ever faster. Much of this R&D will spill over and benefit different boating interests including the Sportfishing sector. If you can tweak a BIII drive and get it to last a month on your boat it should last a lifetime on my boat.
And if I happen to make the aquantence of a few folks with a well rounded sense of humor, all the better.