WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Noob in need of help...

FoxForceFive

Reaction score
Just bought my first jet. ‘05 Lavey with 502. After first trip out I noticed place diverter hydraulic fluid low. Found the pin hole in the line. Will 1/4” DOT brake line work for replacement (temporary) or do I place it straight and seal it somehow for remainder of this trip?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
You could get away with a compression coupling. I forget what size that line is, 1/4ID maybe. Call jet boat performance (Tom) and he'll get you hooked up!

FoxForceFive

Reaction score
Thanks. Going to go stainless for the “fix” just need to get through this trip

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Just bought my first jet. ‘05 Lavey with 502. After first trip out I noticed place diverter hydraulic fluid low. Found the pin hole in the line. Will 1/4” DOT brake line work for replacement (temporary) or do I place it straight and seal it somehow for remainder of this trip?
Don’t see why the brake line wouldn’t work as long as the I/D dimension is the same or close. Especially if it saves your trip.

Bump for someone that knows better.

FoxForceFive

Reaction score
Talked with Tom at Jet Boat Performance - he had the solution immediately. Says to cut the line on either side of the pin hole leak, and then install a double ferrule. Essentially splice the hose into itself. I’m making the repair now and don’t see why it wouldn’t work. $3 fix! And part was super easy to find.

life saver. Thanks for getting me going again!

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Talked with Tom at Jet Boat Performance - he had the solution immediately. Says to cut the line on either side of the pin hole leak, and then install a double ferrule. Essentially splice the hose into itself. I’m making the repair now and don’t see why it wouldn’t work. $3 fix! And part was super easy to find.

life saver. Thanks for getting me going again!
Would assume it worked :)

Nikwho

Reaction score
Where did you buy this ferrule? What is the size? Sounds like a good part to throw in my boat, just in case!

FoxForceFive

Reaction score
Where did you buy this ferrule? What is the size? Sounds like a good part to throw in my boat, just in case!

Just now seeing this, my apologies. It’s a standard brass ferrule the same diameter as the hose. Any hardware store will have it! Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk