WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic 28ss & Heat

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
I've tried emailing Nordic a few times here and there. Has anyone priced these out recently? What's a Heat and SS worth with decent power?

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Year? Motor?

My buddy is on the hunt for a heat and the early 2000's with 500hp blue motors seem to be in the low 40's range

JD D05

Reaction score
Call and speak with Thane. Sometimes they have a boat they have been sitting on for a period of time without power etc. I knew of a Heat last year that a friend was looking at not sure if it is still there. I have owned a SS and a Heat....if you have questions. Two very very different boats.

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
Call and speak with Thayne. Sometimes they have a boat they have been sitting on for a period of time without power etc. I knew of a Heat last year that a friend was looking at not sure if it is still there. I have owned a SS and a Heat....if you have questions. Two very very different boats.

I've liked the Heats for a long time and have always had v hulls. I cuently have a 25 Bullet and it's great but I've been tossing around the idea of buying a Cat as I now have a place near the lake and may not need th cabin as much. How's the 28SS run?

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
I've liked the Heats for a long time and have always had v hulls. I cuently have a 25 Bullet and it's great but I've been tossing around the idea of buying a Cat as I now have a place near the lake and may not need th cabin as much. How's the 28SS run?

The SS runs incredible! No hop , tons of space great all-around boat.
You can't really go wrong with the boat. I am partial to outboards but the inboard is also a great set up.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
You can't really go wrong with the boat. I am partial to outboards but the inboard is also a great set up.

I think twin 400's are they key on all of these 27-28' cats.

Hard to argue with the performance [emoji41][emoji106]

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score

What speed do they run with a Merc 540 or 600?

JD D05

Reaction score

It runs incredible from speed to handling etc. It was an absolute blast to drive, but you drive it all the time. For me it was a bad fit and I went back to a V. I noticed Bullhead posted he can give you way way more feedback than I can when it comes to the SS and performance. I was inexperienced when I owned mine and never really had a chance to really learn etc.

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
It runs incredible from speed to handling etc. It was an absolute blast to drive, but you drive it all the time. For me it was a bad fit and I went back to a V. I noticed Bullhead posted he can give you way way more feedback than I can when it comes to the SS and performance. I was inexperienced when I owned mine and never really had a chance to really learn etc.

What do you mean by drive it all the time? Playing with Tabs trim ect..?

JD D05

Reaction score
They don't have time for you they been busy building a 43'

Ha. I stopped by last weekend and both shops were packed with boats. DS prep has them pretty busy.

JD D05

Reaction score
What do you mean by drive it all the time? Playing with Tabs trim ect..?

I think all cats are like this...you just drive more than you do a v to me. Trim throttle steering etc, nothing more fun just different.

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
I think all cats are like this...you just drive more than you do a v to me. It isn't a bad thing really just a little different.

I wouldn't know, that's why I'm curious. I've had Baja, fountains and now a Howard. The Fountain was a drivers boat. But I've never driven a cat. I'm just starting to think a Cat is more for me as I just cruise the lake and probably won't stay the night on it as I'll live 3 mins from the ramp vs over an hour as before.

JD D05

Reaction score
I wouldn't know, that's why I'm curious. I've had Baja, fountains and now a Howard. The Fountain was a drivers boat. But I've never driven a cat. I'm just starting to think a Cat is more for me as I just cruise the lake and probably won't stay the night on it as I'll live 3 mins from the ramp vs over an hour as before.

I hope other chime in here.. To me my V is more of a relaxed leisure experience obviously I pay attention and all it is just more simple to drive. The SS is more of a driving experience it takes knowledge and attention and experience to do it correctly. Again I have never had more fun driving than behind the wheel of the SS it just demands more in my opinion.

JD D05

Reaction score
I miss driving the SS all the time especially at Lake Powell. The view and position in the driver's seat and how connected you feel to the boat is an absolute blast.

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
I miss driving the SS all the time especially at Lake Powell. The view and position in the driver's seat and how connected you feel to the boat is an absolute blast.

How does your Heat run. I here nothing about good things about them too. What power do you have?

JD D05

Reaction score
How does your Heat run. I here nothing about good things about them too. What power do you have?

I owned a Heat with a 496, it was my first power boat. Boat ran great and was a lot of fun. I have 3 friends with Heat's now and all have big power. I don't think you can go wrong with it when it comes to all around performance and function in that length in the market.

My 496 heat was a 70 ish mph boat at havasu all in.
A friend has a Teague 900 and it runs 100 plus.

I actually have a Flame now.

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
I owned a Heat with a 496, it was my first power boat. Boat ran great and was a lot of fun. I have 3 friends with Heat's now and all have big power. I don't think you can go wrong with it when it comes to all around performance and function in that length in the market.

I actually have a Flame now.[/QUOTE
How does it run at a 100?

JD D05

Reaction score

I actually have a Flame now.[/QUOTE
How does it run at a 100?

Never been in it but it's solid. A lot of heats over the years have done this and I have never read anything negative personally. My buddy never sets it up to run like that anymore...did it once or twice and that was enough for him.

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
If you want to feel the SS I'll take you for ride. If you're in the market it may very well ruin you. I took someone for a ride yesterday and he is in love with package.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Heat and SS are completely different animals. I have a SS with a 700. Runs 105 when it hits the rev limiter.
Boat handles phenomenal and is the best built boat I have owned. Guys at Nordic are very accommodating. Just give Thane a call.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
If you want to feel the SS I'll take you for ride. If you're in the market it may very well ruin you. I took someone for a ride yesterday and he is in love with package.

I hear that guy had a very big smile and navigates the channel like a pro! Pretty decent pilot too

JD D05

Reaction score

Not sure if you quoted the wrong post or not. But I am good I had an SS. The thread starter might really like that offer though.

Reaction score
I've owned a number of V-Bottoms and Cats over the years, the last three Nordic's were the 27 Thor (700sci/NXT), 43 Enforcer (twin 1075/6 Drives) and the 28SS (700sci/NXT) which I just sold.
The 28SS was a good boat but for example the seating in the rear was less than desirable, I felt bad for the people in the back getting hammered by the wind.
If you have any questions PM me and I'd be happy to give you my honest opinion as a previous Owner.

JD D05

Reaction score
I've owned a number of V-Bottoms and Cats over the years, the last three Nordic's were the 27 Thor (700sci/NXT), 43 Enforcer (twin 1075/6 Drives) and the 28SS (700sci/NXT) which I just sold.
The 28SS was a good boat but for example the seating in the rear was less than desirable, I felt bad for the people in the back getting hammered by the wind.
If you have any questions PM me and I'd be happy to give you my honest opinion as a previous Owner.

There is that than the flip side in the Heat or my Flame people in the back can't see anything...

575cat

Reaction score
I have had a new 2014 SS built new had it for a year or so, fun boat and a 42 fountain before that and another 28 cat before that and now a 38 fountain , everything has its place but getting into rough water or should I say bigger water with a 28 cat can be aggravating and getting beat up but each his own . when I sold my SS in jan 2016 with very little hrs for around 125k w 900 hp engine that was about the going rate .