WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic 35 Flame Twin 600 SCI (customer build)

Nordic Boats

Reaction score
It's been about 10 years, we had to give this mold some love but its in the booth, and @retaocleg is doing his thing. :cool:

upload_2019-4-16_7-54-36.png

bQoJyz7GT6iCZImH7VqLmw.jpg
wKeF4aSTTsaPVVyu6EDALg.jpg
hkVm6BOnTEea1SmX1kDvww.jpg

JD D05

Reaction score
Figured it was yours. With the new garage and all

I think mine may have been the last one built prior to this one based on Nordic's comments above...not sure though

Reactions: DWC

retaocleg

Reaction score
I think mine may have been the last one built prior to this one based on Nordic's comments above...not sure though
I don't remember exactly, but I think there was another after yours...…….twin illmores(Evil Twins)…..but I could be wrong, might have been just before

retaocleg

Reaction score
stupid ass.jpg
Love the note on the swim step about the HIN # LOL
came in this am to find this...….hmmm...…...somebody who knows me...…….there will be consequences and repercussions.....lol

no shortage of smart asses and pranksters now at Nordic, and I love it...…...prolly shouldn't post the daily reindeer games, but suffice to say, it is epic...…...PC police might disagree with said games, but as @Gelcoater says, f@$k @GRADS :D

Last edited:

retaocleg

Reaction score
Your correct!! Boat was just a hull when I came here 9 years ago. One of the first boats I rigged when I came here. Man does time fly!!!

johnny got my back!...…..love that guy...…..now I can show my wife she's full of (sh)it saying my memory is on the fritz!...……..good lookin' out, buddy!

Last edited:

JD D05

Reaction score
john got my back!...…..love that guy...…..now I can show my wife she's full of (sh)it saying my memory is on the fritz!...……..good lookin' out, buddy!

I can't believe it has been 10 yrs between a new Flame build.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
View attachment 746481
came in this am to find this...….hmmm...…...somebody who knows me...…….there will be consequences and repercussions.....lol

no shortage of smart asses and pranksters now at Nordic, and I love it...…...prolly shouldn't post the daily reindeer games, but suffice to say, it is epic...…...PC police might disagree with said games, but as @Gelcoater says, f@$k @GRADS :D
Pranksters...lol.
I work with Kenny Smith:D

retaocleg

Reaction score
today's funny...…..got a newbie millennial working in the lam shop...….deathly afraid of spiders......so I go on amazon and buy a 300 lot of assorted plastic spiders...……..he is up in the cabin of a 28ss and I toss one in, he doesn't notice...….jose says, holy shit, what is that?(totally in on it)...…...said millennial looks around, see's the plastic spider, and I swerar to god, he levitates and makes way for the exit...…not one inch of his body touches the liner as he scurries out..…..it was glorious......told me at some point that I needed to grow up...…...I play too much...…..omg...……..told him "thank you, now I will have something that i will think about randomly and bust up laughing, without anyone around"...…..everybody was howling...…….it was youtube worthy if we had the foresight to video it...…..and the fact that he thinks I will grow out of it at age 48 is icing on the cake......man I love the millenials

Last edited:

JD D05

Reaction score
today's funny...…..got a newbie millennial working in the lam shop...….deathly afraid of spiders......so I go on amazon and buy a 300 lot of assorted plastic spiders...……..he is up in the cabin of a 28ss and I toss one in, he doesn't notice...….jose says, holy shit, what is that?...…...said millennial looks around, see's the plastic spider, and I swerar to god, he levitates and makes way for the exit...…not one inch of his body touches the liner as he scurries out..…..it was glorious......told me at some point that I needed to grow up...…...I play too much...…..omg...……..told him "thank you, now I will have something that i will think about randomly and bust up laughing, without anyone around"...…..everybody was howling...…….it was youtube worthy if we had the foresight to video it...…..and the fact that he thinks I will grow out of it at age 48 is icing on the cake......man I love the millenials

It isn't easy to get out of a 28ss cabin.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
today's funny...…..got a newbie millennial working in the lam shop...….deathly afraid of spiders......so I go on amazon and buy a 300 lot of assorted plastic spiders...……..he is up in the cabin of a 28ss and I toss one in, he doesn't notice...….jose says, holy shit, what is that?...…...said millennial looks around, see's the plastic spider, and I swerar to god, he levitates and makes way for the exit...…not one inch of his body touches the liner as he scurries out..…..it was glorious......told me at some point that I needed to grow up...…...I play too much...…..omg...……..told him "thank you, now I will have something that i will think about randomly and bust up laughing, without anyone around"...…..everybody was howling...…….it was youtube worthy if we had the foresight to video it...…..and the fact that he thinks I will grow out of it at age 48 is icing on the cake......man I love the millenials
This is almost worthy of its own thread, pranks gelcoaters do while they wait for paint to dry:cool:

There’s a certain rigger at Eliminator who’s earthquake paranoid.
I used to be able to jiggle a boat in the dolly while he’s on his back wiring a dash and have similar results:)
Now I have to go make all the hanging airlines sway before I jiggle the boat:cool:

retaocleg

Reaction score
This is almost worthy of its own thread, pranks gelcoaters do while they wait for paint to dry:cool:

couldn't have said it better...….

dildo stories...…..or the magnetic bumper stickers...………..or the toy tools...….or the mailboxes...…..or the...……
you are right, we need to create a thread....

Liberated

Reaction score

There’s a certain rigger at Eliminator who’s earthquake paranoid.
I used to be able to jiggle a boat in the dolly while he’s on his back wiring a dash and have similar results:)
Now I have to go make all the hanging airlines sway before I jiggle the boat:cool:
I might know him!! LOL!! Ask him if he likes firecrackers:D

Gelcoater

Reaction score
couldn't have said it better...….

dildo stories...…..or the magnetic bumper stickers...………..or the toy tools...….or the mailboxes...…..or the...……
you are right, we need to create a thread....
You pull the styrofoam cup trick on the newb yet? ;)

retaocleg

Reaction score
yup...……..and he was wise to it......i think someone tipped him off.....we are investigating who the leaker was...….poor bastard.....I hope it was brandon…..I got something for him....hehehe

Runs2rch

Reaction score
yup...……..and he was wise to it......i think someone tipped him off.....we are investigating who the leaker was...….poor bastard.....I hope it was brandon…..I got something for him....hehehe

Insert Evil Laugh.... Muahahahahaha

JD D05

Reaction score
Is the dash under the windshield above the door a new design?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Going to be a sweet boat when finished if not already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retaocleg

Reaction score
Is the dash under the windshield above the door a new design?
no...…..what you see in the pic is the backside of the dash that covers the door in the cabin..... and the recess is for the sliding door track...…..the other recess on the right side lower is also for the other track......here is the dash that will go in during rigging......sorry for the dark pic, but I took it at 4 am and the shop was pretty dark, but you get the idea
dash.jpg
..…...the actual dash is a separate piece that goes in afterwards...…..should be the same as yours...….

JD D05

Reaction score
no...…..what you see in the pic is the backside of the dash that covers the door in the cabin..... and the recess is for the sliding door track...…..the other recess on the right side lower is also for the other track......here is the dash that will go in during rigging......sorry for the dark pic, but I took it at 4 am and the shop was pretty dark, but you get the idea View attachment 752843 ..…...the actual dash is a separate piece that goes in afterwards...…..should be the same as yours...….

Oh ok. I should have realized that because I have pics of my actual dash during construction. Thanks for the reply, this Flame is looking great.

retaocleg

Reaction score
and for those following along, the customer did not want the orange to be as dark, and the lighter color to be yellow as per illustration...….the illustration is not color correct...………….
carry on.…….

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Love the full color. Will this get a full cap as well?

E4L

Reaction score
Looks cool [emoji41]

JD D05

Reaction score
Looking forward to see what you do with the hatch on this one.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Looks nice. Engine compartment finish looks nice too as compared to a gel splatter or whatever they normally do.

435sFastest

Reaction score
Very nice build! I thought the 600sci was discontinued?