WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic 35SS

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
OK in case you’re completely new here all of you know I’m a big fan of Nordic. No doubt. However I am a boat whore. So whatever gets my adrenaline pumping that’s the direction I’m going to go as long as it’s an outboard.

I was lucky enough to be driving Nordic‘s 35SS with 400s.( I’m still waiting on my 450s. ) So they gave me their boat to drive.

So here is my 100% honest opinion.

We ran to the Golden Gate bridge.
We ran the big cat poker run today. We laid down 350 miles in two days.

When we got done I blasted off back to SoCal. My adrenaline is still racing. This boat is so much fun!! Seriously! I’m not on anyone’s payroll , Boating is my passion but to have a cat that turns more like a V leaning in all the time especially in high speed turns of the Delta! That’s crazy, I was pretty much blown away in the first 20 minutes yesterday morning as we made our way out of Discovery Bay towards the Golden Gate bridge. The S turns is what it’s looking for. Something you would expect out of a 20 foot boat. NOT A 35 FOOT CAT ! WTF !
It welcomes the big chop. We proved that yesterday as we entered San Francisco Bay. It’s always a mishmash of water out there you never know which way it’s going to come. And then you get the ferry boat which lays down a seriously large roller.

Best of all the nasty hop that all the high speed ture tunnels have isn’t there. ( Believe me I am very familiar with the nasty tunnel slapping hop that happens around 50 mph. You can’t run them there. You have to get through that and go to 80. But sometimes you can’t run 80! You want to run 50 because the water is just so nasty or traffic doesn’t allow you to go faster safely. This boat doesn’t have the tunnel slap (because of the very deep tunnel).
We were running 4 to 5 big guys and 100 to 200 gallons of fuel all weekend.
Speeds. Depending on conditions we ran 90 most of the time. Occasionally jumping into the 100 to 105 mph area. I propped way down in pitch because I knew we were going to be heavy and in and out of a lot of corners.

Today when we left Pittsburgh and ran to Stockton traffic was light and we Rolled !!! It was happy and so incredibly fun to drive.

What an incredible machine! It definitely exceeded my expectations and after putting almost 10 hours on this boat I’m a believer.
This boat is definitely different! No doubt about it wide sponson‘s. Deep tunnel. Corners like no tunnel I have ever owned. Most of my true tunnels have a happy turning point and then it switches over to a aggressive bitting turn. This thing is consistent through the turns very very predictable.

Now I’m just ready for mine to get completed. It’s so close just waiting on power.

Come on 450s. We need to get ready for Lake Powell Challenge.

Thank you Nordic! For letting me run your boat !
ACF0ADAF-900A-4710-A90A-98E7E6477F5A.jpeg
3037C830-C394-4CF8-9A6E-2F76E4C0077B.jpeg
C04F7997-780C-4545-B8F1-D499C60C8A37.jpeg
78A064C3-14B2-47CF-B38B-6BDD54ECD27B.jpeg
7E3E8E62-2734-425B-80CC-E8B2995042F9.jpeg
25F8468F-0100-431F-80E1-BDF571F809D0.jpeg
7B13977E-37AA-4C77-BC8D-DDBF71F938D2.jpeg
1807A524-BD76-49BE-97D9-B1190D1975E8.jpeg
36E5D3B2-4025-42C6-AA73-83D0EBD0A785.jpeg

82daytona

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your adventures with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wbinder

Reaction score
That’s awesome!!!! Where do I sign up to become next years driver?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
When is the report coming between the DW and the 35SS? You’ve talked very highly of the 35SS and haven’t read so much regarding the DW.

Are they completely different boats?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have never been to the delta, but probably driven across all the bridges you passed! It looks like the conditions change considerably between river/Havasu, to pretty big and aggressive. It must make Bully pretty happy in his decision. If his 35ss is going to be used in defferent places, seems like this weekend was a good trial.

With 400's, what is the top speed propped more aggressive? Will 450's allow you to attain the same topend, without sacrificing much low to mid range?

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Very cool Paul. I’m anxious for you to get yours. If it runs half as good as it looks (and it appears it does), that thing is going to get a lot of fun hours! Always appreciate your input amigo! Fly home safe!

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
When is the report coming between the DW and the 35SS? You’ve talked very highly of the 35SS and haven’t read so much regarding the DW.

They really are completely different boats! It’s always amazes me how a hull with 400 power and feel one way. Then you get into another hull with 400 power and it’s so extremely different. So are you answer your question yes completely different both are extremely fun to drive but like comparing apples and oranges in many ways.

Are they completely different boats?
I have never been to the delta, but probably driven across all the bridges you passed! It looks like the conditions change considerably between river/Havasu, to pretty big and aggressive. It must make Bully pretty happy in his decision. If his 35ss is going to be used in defferent places, seems like this weekend was a good trial.

With 400's, what is the top speed propped more aggressive? Will 450's allow you to attain the same topend, without sacrificing much low to mid range?

On the first when I saw 117. Give them a little bit more time for testing I’m sure I would’ve squeezed 120 out of it. The 450s have been running pretty much consistently anywhere from 5 to 10 miles an hour faster with a much better acceleration through the entire power band.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Had a BLAST running this 35 for Big Cat. Big boat, handles very well. Once Bully gets more comfortable it will DESTROY cruiser wakes & other garbage water.

gqchris

Reaction score
That’s awesome!!!! Where do I sign up to become next years driver?

Just stroke as many checks as the Bully does to Nordic, and you can be in the running for next year :)

It amazes me the amount of money on this forum and I honestly envy the guys that live life to the fullest! So badass! You know your doing something right when a manufacturer tosses you the keys to a brand new 350K (am I close? LOL) boat for the weekend!

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Just stroke as many checks as the Bully does to Nordic, and you can be in the running for next year :)

It amazes me the amount of money on this forum and I honestly envy the guys that live life to the fullest! So badass! You know your doing something right when a manufacturer tosses you the keys to a brand new 350K (am I close? LOL) boat for the weekend!
Yes you’re very close. I run a lot. And run a ton of miles and hours every year and have been for a very long time ( I’ve been driving a boat since I was 8 ). I paid my dues.
A boat on the trailer and not being used is a crime.

It’s my passion. That sums it up.

gqchris

Reaction score
Yes you’re very close. I run a lot. And run a ton of miles and hours every year and have been for a very long time ( I’ve been driving a boat since I was 8 ). I paid my dues.
A boat on the trailer and not being used is a crime.

It’s my passion. That sums it up.

I love your plane also sir. Thats just badass. The glass cockpit, i can stare at that rig all day.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
What a cool run. The 35 looks like such an awesome boat on the water. I am stoked for Nordic and really want to see Bully’s 35 hit the water.

stoker2001

Reaction score
35 looks like a wave smashing beast.I fish regularly right where you took that drone shot on West side of GG bridge (Potato patch area).You guys caught a VERY flat day!Cant wait to hear what yours will do with the 450s:)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Thank you,

Sir......fuck you guys are making me feel old :eek:
:D:D
It's a sign of respect. Like when the 20yo cop pulls you over...or is it fear:confused:

The way I see it is this: Bully must know his stuff. When Nordic finished a new concept boat, they called him to test run it. I'm sure they have "professionals", like editors from magazines and such, but they called him up. Yes, he was a potential customer, but also not a guy to buy one because it looks pimp on the trailer or in the channel. That's pretty cool to hit a level when a manufacturer calls you for a critque of their product!

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Pleasure meeting you at BC, it was a fantastic trip for sure. We will be back next year. Headed to LOTO on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
The boat looked great. Glad you guys made it out to the golden gate. Great picture under the gate

Blown Lavey

Mid week boating anyone..
Reaction score
Bully...what size is the skater that you are side tied to in the pic above? Both boats look amazing, did you get a chance to run with the skater as well?

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
:D:D
It's a sign of respect. Like when the 20yo cop pulls you over...or is it fear:confused:

The way I see it is this: Bully must know his stuff. When Nordic finished a new concept boat, they called him to test run it. I'm sure they have "professionals", like editors from magazines and such, but they called him up. Yes, he was a potential customer, but also not a guy to buy one because it looks pimp on the trailer or in the channel. That's pretty cool to hit a level when a manufacturer calls you for a critque of their product!

Trust I appreciate them as well. It works both ways. They are awesome to work with.