WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic 48 breaks 110 mph on initial testing!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They borrowed the props off of Randy’s 43 Enforcer (cat) just to go run the boat and according to Thane the boat ran right to 110 mph like it was nothing. They just received new props from Mercury and the boat will go out for more testing next week! 110 is already impressive for a 48’er but expect bigger numbers soon!

Last edited:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
What size motors?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well...its actually a 39' boat with a big swimstep though right..? 😈

Go look at it in person. The swim step overhang is big but not 7’ big. All these big boats have the bustles and are measured as such..

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Did they share the weight of the boat?? and did that have the full cabin in it yet??

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Welllll... it actually isn’t
Go look at it in person. The swim step overhang is big but not 7’ big. All these big boats have the bustles and are measured as such..
I have no dog in this fight, just trying to stir the pot a bit. But this swimstep is massive. It'd be interesting to get a measurement from the transom to the end of the swimstep and see what the actual hull length is. It would also be interesting to see the weight and other dimensions, see how this stacks up to 41/44 Outerlimits or 42 or 47 Fountain. Just topic for conversation is all...
nordic 48.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’ll go down there and measure it as well as get some data.

fountain has a huge swim step and a beak btw..

lavey jr

Reaction score
I have no dog in this fight, just trying to stir the pot a bit. But this swimstep is massive. It'd be interesting to get a measurement from the transom to the end of the swimstep and see what the actual hull length is. It would also be interesting to see the weight and other dimensions, see how this stacks up to 41/44 Outerlimits or 42 or 47 Fountain. Just topic for conversation is all...
View attachment 851066

Don't forget to also take into account of the measurement of the notch in the transom. Although the OL and Fountain have that as well.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Your theory here would only work if this photo was perfectly square from the side. Can’t try to scale something from an angle like this lol
It's close enough! Plus think about it, the 48' scale was set to the pic, so with the swim step / bustle being in the same directional plane......I bet i'm close. @RiverDave post up the measurement!

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Don't forget to also take into account of the measurement of the notch in the transom. Although the OL and Fountain have that as well.
Yep they all have bustles/swim steps. Would just be interesting to compare. Is the Nordic a "big" boat like the 47 Fountain or 52 OL or say a 46 Black Thunder which are all like condos...? Or is it supposed to be more sport boat like a 42 Fountain, 41/44 OL..?

lavey jr

Reaction score
Yep they all have bustles/swim steps. Would just be interesting to compare. Is the Nordic a "big" boat like the 47 Fountain or 52 OL or say a 46 Black Thunder which are all like condos...? Or is it supposed to be more sport boat like a 42 Fountain, 41/44 OL..?

I wasn’t talking about the bustle/swimstep, I was talking about the notch on the bottom of the transom in the V which effectively also shortens the true running surface.

This Nordic is most definitely a BIG boat!
I didn’t get a chance to crawl around in it under deck because it wasn’t ready yet so not sure how it compares in that perspective. But I would say it’s a very big boat designed to be a speed/sport boat. Although the cockpit isn’t at all near as big as the 52 OL or the 47 Fountain.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
So...and correct me if I’m wrong...

It seats 2 extra people, and runs 3mph faster than a $65K liberator with a single 300 Merc?

Impressive...whats it cost?

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So...and correct me if I’m wrong...

It seats 2 extra people, and runs 3mph faster than a $65K liberator with a single 300 Merc?

Impressive...whats it cost?

Lol that’s a pretty awkward comparison?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What if we hung a 20' swim step off the back...?

What if ya tried to run a liberator in 5’s and 6’s 100 mph?

I suppose we could compare it to Wicky’s new Alison as it has a head in it next. Lol. Granted it’s more of a bucket, than an enclosed head with a sink etc.. but?

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
What if ya tried to run a liberator in 5’s and 6’s 100 mph?

Who the fuck would want to go out in those conditions? Wasn't it you that was too pussy to take that big red CC boat out in a bit of wind to see if it would run 70?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Who the fuck would want to go out in those conditions? Wasn't it you that was too pussy to take that big red CC boat out in a bit of wind to see if it would run 70?

Yeah that was it.. or it might be to go take some pics of it, and drones don’t fly in those conditions..

As for who would? People that own 48’ boats I suppose, not 21 Liberators.

As for myself for my personal uses I’ll take the liberator. You can take your drunk agitated shit elsewhere though.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
You can take your drunk agitated shit elsewhere though.

Not drunk, nor agitated...

Figured this was "River" Dave's Place...not offshore Dave's place (I sorted that part out from the heading on the front page). Sorry if I was mistaken...I'll see myself out...right past Wakeboardboat Dave's Place

Edit:..since we're on the subject of boat that like maybe 2 or 3 members of this fine establishment might possibly be able to afford....Can you do a review on the performance of the newest carnival cruise ship? Does it use labbed props or off the shelf stock wheels?

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Figured this was "River" Dave's Place...not offshore Dave's place (I sorted that part out from the heading on the front page). Sorry if I was mistaken...I'll see myself out...right past Wakeboardboat Dave's Place

We cover everything from small to big. If ya don’t like it ya don’t have to click it or respond to it.

But we haven’t done wakeboat boats (yet, it’s coming) so ya might have to hang a right down the hall at the Luxury center consoles sign.. lol

B2DE196C-96EC-4BDC-8448-301B7DF139B0.jpeg

lbhsbz

Reaction score
meh

....and someone should give that guy who parked his Mercedes on the dock a parking ticket.

hallett21

Reaction score
@RiverDave

Appreciate you posting these boats.

I still think the CCs could use some west coast cross over. Specifically the shade.

Overall they’re killer. I just need to make more money[emoji23][emoji631][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ya know every now and again I gotta run into some guy from the industry that will talk about idiots on the internet..

Then I gotta spend some amount of time clarifying that rdp isn’t hotboat.. Then it gets into well most of those guys don’t even own boats.. and I gotta spend some amount of time explaining that actually most rdp members do, and this isn’t fb where every channel rat with a lawn chair is trying to give some opinion.. Then we get to the part where some of them are just know it alls and assholes..

It’s dumb shit like these last few posts that make my day life difficult..

My tolerance for bullshit has always been way above and beyond because I have been in forums since the bbs days and can talk shit with the best of em and don’t take anything personal..

That said I used to have a thread called asshole of the week just for these kinda instances. This thread is making me want to bring that back.

Gambin87

Reaction score

Edit:..since we're on the subject of boat that like maybe 2 or 3 members of this fine establishment might possibly be able to afford....Can you do a review on the performance of the newest carnival cruise ship? Does it use labbed props or off the shelf stock wheels?
Dumb fucks like this make manufacturers not want to post their builds on here. 110 for a brand new boat in its first pass testing is extremely impressive, and then of course some
Idiot has to jump on spewing a bunch of off the wall bullshit that doesn’t even make sense simply because he’s salty that he can’t afford the boat. If you don’t like it go somewhere else, don’t ruin it for the rest of us that enjoy the insight RDP provides.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
We cover everything from small to big. If ya don’t like it ya don’t have to click it or respond to it.

But we haven’t done wakeboat boats (yet, it’s coming) so ya might have to hang a right down the hall at the Luxury center consoles sign.. lol

View attachment 851136

How has he lasted in here snce 2010?:confused:

welldigger00

Reaction score
I showed the Olady the pic of the bustle boat. First thing she said is how the hell do you climb back up on the boat after you jump in the water to pee? It looks like it’s out of the water a bunch? I don’t know. But, I do have my own boat. So there’s that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Comparing a huge vee Nordic to a “go be poor somewhere else 24’ boat”. Lol

Must be the corona.

Awesome build can’t wait to see the real numbers. I’m guessing 117-118

Gambin87

Reaction score
I showed the Olady the pic of the bustle boat. First thing she said is how the hell do you climb back up on the boat after you jump in the water to pee? It looks like it’s out of the water a bunch? I don’t know. But, I do have my own boat. So there’s that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing at first but the bustle actually sits almost level with the water, combine that with some ladders to climb in and out and should make for some easy access
1AFE91E8-6C94-4A11-B312-73B9D7FEF950.jpeg

TCHB

Reaction score
These mid and larger cats are changing the game for performance boats. Run over a 100mph in pretty chopped up water with very little maintenance. Not sure how many hours these high horse power outboards will run but the overall maintenance is pretty easy.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I personally dont like the way these boats look. Give me an old school wave crusher transom like the Apache's and Cigarettes. Just my .02. 😉

Its those old school transom that are responsible for my current state of handicapped. Lol. No way to get on or off of em..

I’ll take the bustle all day every day and twice on flipping Sunday.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
These mid and larger cats are changing the game for performance boats. Run over a 100mph in pretty chopped up water with very little maintenance. Not sure how many hours these high horse power outboards will run but the overall maintenance is pretty easy.

??

JD D05

Reaction score
Its those old school transom that are responsible for my current state of handicapped. Lol. No way to get on or off of em..

I’ll take the bustle all day every day and twice on flipping Sunday.

Don't blame the bote Dave lol. I love these threads, mostly because I would do anything to run Lake Powell at the wheel in a boat like that.

Tank

Reaction score
I like boating in Havasu and I like boating in the ocean so we own a boat that can do both (Our second Cigarette). I don't choose to run in rough or big water, but it happens when you go out in the ocean to the islands and come back getting caught in bad weather unexpectedly. I've also come down river on more than one occasion, entered onto the lake to find white caps and BIG holes and was able to just keep on rockin', later reading how boats got swamped and sank from the water conditions. I like being able to not really worry too much about being comfortable in nasty water conditions.

No matter what the topic - real estate, trucks, boats small or large, etc. someone is going to have a negative comment and they should frankly, this is an open forum for discussing, having opposing view points is kind've the point. And then there will always just be the dicks too that just like to talk shit (not pointing any fingers). I enjoy the variance in topics, especially the various boats from the pics of Billy B's show to the pics from Miami boat show and everything in between. And if (when) the wake board boat review is posted I'll probably click on it to check it out, not my thing but I like to look at boats soooooooo.

Regarding the bustle. This argument has been hashed out on boating forums since boating forums began. Oldest shade in the industry is saying a 38 Fountain and a 33 (insert boat) are the same size boat because of the Fountains 2' beak and 3' integrated swim step. For the record, I don't really like a bustle. I like the more aggressive straight transoms. But I think an MTI, DCB, Fountain, Outerlimits, etc are beautiful boats and I wouldn't kick any of 'em out of bed. And of course, I'm sure 'ol Thane would be more than happy to build anyone on here this 48 Vee with out the bustle. Just go order one up ;)