WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

nordic heat clan...need some pics!!

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
In the process of a motor upgrade in my 97 pre step heat...I am going to have to redo the hatch and backseat to accommodate the new motor/blower which is ok because the backseat is rotted anyway...now on to what I'm looking for...

I need pics of the hatch/backseat interface as mine has the separate backrest piece above the rear seat that the hatch butts up to which I'd like to do away with and integrate that into the new hatch. Also if anyone has pics of a blown application hatch that would be great also!! Mine currently has a single carb box built into the hatch as it was a 525 sc with a chiller originally and the box is fine for a single carb but I'm going to be dual carb and obviously that wont fit.

I'm also toying with the idea of a hatch scoop so if anyone has pics of a heat with a hatch scoop that would be amazing!!

Thanks!!

Stewart

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
I wish I was because it would already be there hahaha....Michigan to Arizona is a haul lol

Spot

Reaction score
This is a solid question. Take it over to the lounge and someone should be able to hook you up. You will get a bunch more views over there. Good luck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
In the process of a motor upgrade in my 97 pre step heat...I am going to have to redo the hatch and backseat to accommodate the new motor/blower which is ok because the backseat is rotted anyway...now on to what I'm looking for...

I need pics of the hatch/backseat interface as mine has the separate backrest piece above the rear seat that the hatch butts up to which I'd like to do away with and integrate that into the new hatch. Also if anyone has pics of a blown application hatch that would be great also!! Mine currently has a single carb box built into the hatch as it was a 525 sc with a chiller originally and the box is fine for a single carb but I'm going to be dual carb and obviously that wont fit.

I'm also toying with the idea of a hatch scoop so if anyone has pics of a heat with a hatch scoop that would be amazing!!

Thanks!!

Stewart
If you haven’t gotten an answer to your question I can take some pictures of one I believe it’s a 99 model year but not till I get home and that may not be for another week.

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
that would be awesome if you could thanks!!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

Thanks!!

Stewart
Did you ever get an answer or any pictures from anybody? Hopefully tomorrow I will be pulling a 99 heat out of mothballs and I can Take some pictures of the stock set up for you.

Tom

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
I have not really got any pics or answers...any help would be much appreciated!!

thanks!!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
790DEB86-8F16-4CBC-B422-860AC4A3CE81.jpeg
4336277F-6423-49AD-9B0C-9FCE05455DFC.jpeg
Stewart, here are a few pictures I took today hope it helps out but it may be what you already have.
5FFEC1D4-9758-4ED9-A5FF-A4BA6E5D7779.jpeg
81A0F836-0C1B-44C2-B76D-3DC50035E902.jpeg
971E9C6D-91FF-48FF-9C44-9AB768050E13.jpeg
16D8D3A0-6C9F-41B0-AB06-98772BB27C1B.jpeg

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
28BC992F-8BD6-49F3-B7D0-1223B56BF8D0.jpeg
1186A5CE-30D3-4450-9735-AAB6E36CEEB5.jpeg
FD3E06F5-D3E6-440B-B824-351250897A8C.jpeg
Forgot one standing on a ladder looking down from the back

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics!! unfortunately that is what I have already hahaha...I was hoping you had the one piece hatch instead of that separate back piece...oh well..I really appreciate it tho!! Very clean looking boat!! we have almost identical paint schemes..mine has a purple and red stipe and yours looks silver/grey and red....The checkers with the 2 stripes is what pulled me to my boat...love the scheme!!

Stewart

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Yeah, after rereading your original post I figured this wouldn’t be much help. This is not my boat, it belong to a friend of mine that passed away a few years ago and his wife is just now getting around to selling it it’s pretty much been sitting in the garage for the last four years.

I would tend to agree that if you can make the entire back part of the seat lift up with the hatch it would make for easier access. I would think any competent upholstery shop could build it for you, but I’m not sure how plentiful that is where you’re at. Good luck

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Put it to you this way when it comes to upholstery shops in Michigan....I could drive the boat back to Nordic in havasu fly home and go back to get it and it would still be cheaper than getting it done here hahaha

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I hear you, I’ve seen a lot of really nice interiors people have posted on here but I don’t recall them posting the price I’m sure it’s probably more than I want to pay, but then again I’m a cheapskate :D

Reaction score
Since it's a standard Nordic boat mold? I'd assume Nordic (or a few others) could build what you need, and ship it too you?