WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic vs. Eliminator 25' MCOB?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well, it has come to this...

The wife and I have made the decision that it is time to add to the fleet.

As beautiful and overall attention getting that the ol' jet bote is, she is just not practical for use with the grandkidlets. She's not going anywhere, but will continue to be a trailer queen with the occasional regatta, boat show, etc. Way too much sentimental value to me to ever part with her.

Now the question for the RDP braintrust...

I'm currently interested in two boats. Both of them are listed on this website (one in the Classifieds and one in the Boats and Watercraft thread). Which one do you all think would be better for "Havasu Water"?

2006 Nordic Rage 25' https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/2006-nordic-rage-25ft.221541/#post-3789774
2005 Eliminator Eagle 25' https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/classifieds/2005-eliminator-250-eagle-mcob.189/

Opinions solicited please! Also, if anyone know any specific information about either boat, I would be intersted to hear.

Go...

Of those two I’d take the rage for functionality.

personally I’dtake a shockwave over either and a Hallett over a shockwave.. in that size range (25)

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Obviously your going to do a walk through on your boat but that shockwave and eliminator are priced very competitively. I was at advantage yesterday 08/02/2020 looking for a mcob as well I would pass on the Nordic unless it was the only one left of the three. It's looks better in photos than in person.

dspracing

Reaction score
Obviously your going to do a walk through on your boat but that shockwave and eliminator are priced very competitively. I was at advantage yesterday 08/02/2020 looking for a mcob as well I would pass on the Nordic unless it was the only one left of the three. It's looks better in photos than in person.

You have much nicer things to say about the Nordic at advantage than I do but I’ll bite my tongue. I will say that I was very disappointed in the lack of transparency and accurate description of the boat by the two guys I spoke to at advantage prior to making the trip to havasu to see the thing.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
@ dspracing yes I'm biting my tongue here as I'm new to the cell block as well. But yeah that been the story of my summer boat search. Top dollar rough condition.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
You have much nicer things to say about the Nordic at advantage than I do but I’ll bite my tongue. I will say that I was very disappointed in the lack of transparency and accurate description of the boat by the two guys I spoke to at advantage prior to making the trip to havasu to see the thing.

Thanks for the heads-up on what would have been a wasted trip for me too! Did you see the new one today in Ohio?

dspracing

Reaction score
Yes, I am familiar with that boat. Talked a lot to Kevin, the owner of it. Was ready to pull the trigger but the timing didn't align. Wouldn't hesitate to buy it... Still may.

There is a guy in San Antonio that should have his Rage available this month last we spoke. Not sure that you will find a much cleaner/original example than the one in Ohio though.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Yes, I am familiar with that boat. Talked a lot to Kevin, the owner of it. Was ready to pull the trigger but the timing didn't align. Wouldn't hesitate to buy it... Still may.

There is a guy in San Antonio that should have his Rage available this month last we spoke. Not sure that you will find a much cleaner/original example than the one in Ohio though.
That Nordic in Ohio appears to be cherry. I would be nervous buying a boat unseen. Aside from flying out to Ohio how do you get an unbiased opinion of that boat? Just curious for my own personal knowledge.

RichL

Reaction score
That Nordic in Ohio appears to be cherry. I would be nervous buying a boat unseen. Aside from flying out to Ohio how do you get an unbiased opinion of that boat? Just curious for my own personal knowledge.
Link to the Nordic here in the Buckeye State? I know someone who may be interested. Thanks.

XClutchboy725

Reaction score

Yeah, the price is very competitive too! I thought about flying out and checking it out, but right now it's not something I think I want to do.

This is such a seller's market right now and I'm not in a hurry, so I think I'll just wait for the right time...

dspracing

Reaction score
Yeah, the price is very competitive too! I thought about flying out and checking it out, but right now it's not something I think I want to do.

This is such a seller's market right now and I'm not in a hurry, so I think I'll just wait for the right time...

It sold last night.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The boats you are looking at are all pretty good but I am very biased toward the Howard 25 MCOB. I have driven the Lavey Nu Era and the Hallett and landed on the Howard. With the grand kids you are right to max out at 25 feet. Any longer and pulling toys becomes more difficult. Happy hunting!

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
We have a 2014 Rage and its the perfect family boat. It rides larger than what people on here are saying. Tops out at 74 with a Merc 8.2L/ Bravo.
Use it on the Delta, but it was Built to be Randy's play boat on Mead.

The one your looking at is a 2006. I would wait to see if you could find a 2008 on of any Nordic of any size. Durring the down turn when everyone was shutting down, Randy was dumping money into Nordic, they went full composite, streamlined the building process and basically upped the quality over any west coast builders. Hard to beat the boats they have pumped out since then.