WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

North Texas Charter ?

hawgty55

Reaction score
Question for the charter and anyone who boats or wants to boat in Texas.

@pronstar @Done-it-again @sailtexas186548 @Shlbyntro @RedSoloCup @PDQH2O @Old Texan @shunter2005 @terrax2 to name a couple

What boats do you guys currently have and use and what lakes?

I have been on bridgeport and eagle mountain go by lake worth and saw lake Lewisville and a stretch of the river that leads into lake whitney all witch are nice but a different atmosphere and type of boating than the west coast seen ie. Mojave to parker.

As much as i dont want to seems im leading away from our mcob towards a fishing boat and a toon,ski or chaparral style deck boat.

Post up what yall have and where ya use them.

rrrr

Reaction score
Just about the only gatherings of big performance boats I've seen are on Lake Texoma. It's large enough to allow multiple mile 100+ MPH runs.

There are some on Lewisville, but all they do is drive fast to the party cove and sit there all day.

Back around 2005 there was an Eliminator dealership in Dallas, which I think was company owned. They put up a nice booth at the boat show, where I met Bob Teague. It folded after two or three years. There just isn't interest around DFW for west coast baller boats.

I thought about buying a 25’ Eliminator, but purchased a 26' open bow Chaparral. We always had a few people go out with us, and the limited seating and space of an Eliminator just didn't work.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Just about the only gatherings of big performance boats I've seen are on Lake Texoma. It's large enough to allow multiple mile 100+ MPH runs.

There are some on Lewisville, but all they do is drive fast to the party cove and sit there all day.

Back around 2005 there was an Eliminator dealership in Dallas, which I think was company owned. They put up a nice booth at the boat show, where I met Bob Teague. It folded after two or three years. There just isn't interest around DFW for west coast baller boats.

I thought about buying a 25’ Eliminator, but purchased a 26' open bow Chaparral. We always had a few people go out with us, and the limited seating and space of an Eliminator just didn't work.
Thats what I've noticed. What lake do you usually use?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Question for the charter and anyone who boats or wants to boat in Texas.

@pronstar @Done-it-again @sailtexas186548 @Shlbyntro @RedSoloCup @PDQH2O @Old Texan @shunter2005 @terrax2 to name a couple

What boats do you guys currently have and use and what lakes?

I have been on bridgeport and eagle mountain go by lake worth and saw lake Lewisville and a stretch of the river that leads into lake whitney all witch are nice but a different atmosphere and type of boating than the west coast seen ie. Mojave to parker.

As much as i dont want to seems im leading away from our mcob towards a fishing boat and a toon,ski or chaparral style deck boat.

Post up what yall have and where ya use them.

I don’t live in Texas “yet”. Really thinking about moving out of CA. Just need to check commercial building as need to move a business as well.

Really interested to hear about the lake options. Looking and selling the Hallett too and buying CC or something else for the ocean.

hawgty55

Reaction score
I don’t live in Texas “yet”. Really thinking about moving out of CA. Just need to check commercial building as need to move a business as well.

Really interested to hear about the lake options. Looking and selling the Hallett too and buying CC or something else for the ocean.
O. I just went back in another post and read it as you were in America already. Sorry.lol get here ASAP.

And not sure what you need to know about commercial buildings or what no . But i just signed a contract for my steel building.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
O. I just went back in another post and read it as you were in America already. Sorry.lol get here ASAP.

And not sure what you need to know about commercial buildings or what no . But i just signed a contract for my steel building.

Need 20k min building for warehouse and metal fabrication that has some access for tractor trailers.

We lime the area around Mansfield and south and round lake Whitney

Meet some people a few weeks ago that made the move to Granbury. Looks nice as well, just need to make another trip and look around.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
There are lots of go fast boats on Lake Travis, but they are mostly east coast builds: Scarabs, Bajas, Fountains, Formulas, Sunsations... boats of that nature, but most the boats on Lake Travis large wakeboats and 30-35ft cabin cruisers. Dont get me wrong, there are always a handful of Skaters, Outerlimits and MTIs running around. This is where I keep my old girl, 1987 Formula F35PC express. I also have a buddy who let's me use his 28 Scarab XLT on Travis.

Now that I finished my Ultra, I plan on using it on Lake Austin for the most part which is mostly small-midsize wakeboats and fast fishers.

I used to have a 21ft air nautique but didnt have a trailer and was on Lake Travis but I got beat up a lot on it so I sold it. I also had a 18ft center console Monark I used on Lake Austin that I sold.

rrrr

Reaction score
Thats what I've noticed. What lake do you usually use?

Lavon. It's just 20 minutes from home. A lot of the reason for choosing it over Lewisville was the island on Lavon, which we used for no-dunk parasailing.

I could drop a rider on the island and the crew would have the next person ready to go in about a minute. I'm an ex-boater now, sold our three boats in 2014. My health made it impossible to be the mechanic, truck driver, launcher, boat captain, retriever, and cleanup crew.

Yesterday I went out to our lake house and brought the Honda F-12s home. I'm installing new batteries and cleaning them up so we can sell them. We haven't ridden them since 2011, they have just over 100 hours on the clock.

Lake Ray Hubbard is another close in lake. We rented two slips and built decks on them, then moved our 'operation' there in 2005. It wasn't a good lake for us, there's just one decent marina, it's exposed to south winds, and not much social activity. We left after one summer and went back to Lavon.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Need 20k min building for warehouse and metal fabrication that has some access for tractor trailers.

We lime the area around Mansfield and south and round lake Whitney

Meet some people a few weeks ago that made the move to Granbury. Looks nice as well, just need to make another trip and look around.
Cant ever post pictures on a personal message but there are 3 huge steel mills i believe in midlothian that we service the area actually has a name but not sure what it is. Its in that areaypur lookingat sout of the metroplex
Screenshot_20190915-140451_Chrome.jpg

hawgty55

Reaction score
Not sure i would call mine a go fast boat but in havasu and parker there are beaches and destinations to travel to like pirates, sandbar,channel,foxes,Topock... with alot of boating or little boating as you choose. The lakes ive been to dont have thise options so seems like you spend alot of time on the boat itself like you do on say mojove or mead and the mcob gets small fast when you out floating fishing tubing abd what not.

pkbullet

Reaction score
BC031D91-75F9-4498-B8BD-1915E04A5B1E.jpeg
47792683-5554-4751-85B1-110CC4EA5EAC.jpeg
Some picks from PK this year. Pretty good number of full time fast boats. MTI’s are popular as well as a big contingent of fountains. One other DCB. We have five drive up bars/restaurants, unless I’m forgetting one. This was from Hell on water poker run, but many are full time PK boats.
B5061B63-86B9-4F19-87AC-E19891180D9C.jpeg
D7C0DD97-ECF8-4797-8D93-239520AC15AD.jpeg
627E5640-7E17-48C6-AB5E-C76EE5A3A4A0.jpeg
0033F44D-3E88-4224-B4C0-BB2C55315EDD.jpeg
If

rrrr

Reaction score
I always forget about Possum Kingdom, probably because it's west of Fort Worth and I've only been on it once. There are some really beautiful spots on the lake.

pkbullet

Reaction score
I always forget about Possum Kingdom, probably because it's west of Fort Worth and I've only been on it once. There are some really beautiful spots on the lake.
Try it for July 4th, fireworks at Hell’s Gate is a blast. We also do a show at the breakers cove, neighbors put together a 30 minute pro show. Each house has big parties. The poker run has got bigger every year.

72Hondo

Reaction score
Sometimes it’s nicer all alone..

This was at PK

I have some videos out on the brazos but can’t seem to post them on here..

IMG_2038.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
No boat for us yet.

Business is ramping up and we’re eyeballing either a boat, or a vacation place in Florida which would have a boat.

We’re probably about 2 years from that point, tho.

Have heard great things about PK.
And Texoma is only 90 miles north.

RedSoloCup

Reaction score
We kept our 23 ft. Crowline in my avatar up at Texoma, on the Oklahoma side. I sold it to cause it's wasn't getting much use with both kids in college and that $$ helped paid a year of tuition. It's a quick < 90 minute drive from our house on the northwest side of DFW.
The boating scene here is different than the west coast. Most lakes do not allow docks because they are man made lakes and controlled by the Corp. of Engineers. There are some docks on Texoma but not many. When we bring the boat home we hit Grapevine, and stay the hell off of Lewisville. Grapevine has a couple of bar/restaurants. One bar does not have a liquor license, so the beer is free, but they expect a good tip.
We like PK, it's turning into a mini LOTO. Other lakes we like are Grandbury, Lake Bridgeport, Lake Ray Roberts and Lake Murray up in Oklahoma. Murray has nice water, they do scuba open water certifications there. It's a smaller lake a not much in terms of bars on the water. If you are looking for long runs and bars restaurants, the best bets are Texoma, PK, Lake Travis, Lake Eufaula (Oklahoma), Grand Lake of the Cherokees (Oklahoma), you might see Black Diamond or War Party out on Grand.
I am in the market for a 23-25 foot Donzi cc. I have a feeling I'll need to take a trip to Florida for that.
The attached pictures are a typical Saturday afternoon at the islands on Texoma.

Attachments

• IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 116

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
We need a Texas Post Whore thread to keep up with all the happenings in free America [emoji106]

RedSoloCup

Reaction score
No more all red boats. Next boat will be white with gray lettering. Loved the red when it was clean and polished, but it was a PITA to keep it pretty. I'd love to go 27 ft, but the ole Bronco might not like that too much.
@pronstar take it away for a Texas Post Whore thread. You are our leader.