WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Not another Netflix plug / 911 documentary

Bear Down

Reaction score
I haven't finished it yet...but they are doing a great job so far...especially with the history of the Taliban and Russians and such... Them fuckers do hate us Americans though..

Last edited:

mobldj

Reaction score
nat geo has a great series on 9 11 also.if that shit dont make a tear show your a special kind of jerk.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Say what you want about the response and all of the “torture” crap of the detainees, but it’s nice to see a president that had some balls. And the one senator from California who opposed the retaliation, the only one in both houses of Congress that voted against it. Fuck her.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The part where the presidents advisor walks into the kindergarden class and whispers into Georges ear is surreal. He was interviewed in the show, the first time he spoke with him he told him it was a cesna that hit the tower. Then he walked into the classroom and whispered in his ear, it was a jetliner, "america is under attack". The look on the presidents face at the moment is utter shock.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I really hope that all Americans remain safe this upcoming 9/11.

After what just happened in Afghanistan what better time for them to give us a big fuck you with another attack.

I think some time is going to pass... but I believe 100% that they no longer fear us, and I believe another attack is imminent. The Taliban is angry that our troops (thank god some them did) disabled some of the military equipment left behind. They felt it was part of the deal when they took over Afghanistan.. Now they are super pissed that most of the assets of the central bank are held in a banks in New York. They will only end up receiving a fraction of the money they expected... Well other than the Pallets of millions of US dollars that we left behind. (I'm dying for someone to tell me that it costs more to ship it home).

Either way they are still pissed, and something is gonna happen again. It's times like this I'm glad I live out in Lake Havasu. Strangely though I do believe out in the deserts out here there are some training camps for terrorists, and I do believe that the Parker and Hoover dams are potential real targets..

That all said, if they went all crazy and tried to shoot up the town, I don't think they'd make it 100' before they had a quite literal "come to Jesus" meeting..

RD

hallett21

Reaction score
I think some time is going to pass... but I believe 100% that they no longer fear us, and I believe another attack is imminent. The Taliban is angry that our troops (thank god some them did) disabled some of the military equipment left behind. They felt it was part of the deal when they took over Afghanistan.. Now they are super pissed that most of the assets of the central bank are held in a banks in New York. They will only end up receiving a fraction of the money they expected... Well other than the Pallets of millions of US dollars that we left behind. (I'm dying for someone to tell me that it costs more to ship it home).

Either way they are still pissed, and something is gonna happen again. It's times like this I'm glad I live out in Lake Havasu. Strangely though I do believe out in the deserts out here there are some training camps for terrorists, and I do believe that the Parker and Hoover dams are potential real targets..

That all said, if they went all crazy and tried to shoot up the town, I don't think they'd make it 100' before they had a quite literal "come to Jesus" meeting..

RD

I still remember the military on Parker dam after 9/11. Clear as day on the dam and we could see them in the hills as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I still remember the military on Parker dam after 9/11. Clear as day on the dam and we could see them in the hills as well.

I have seen some really bizarre shit in the grocery stores of Lake Havasu / Mid Week / Late at night.. Full on ISIS looking m'fer that was GIANT... Chick in the full garb walking six feet behind him. Just to look at him you knew he'd been training his whole life in some flipping camp.

I have ran into a guy twice now at the Flying X (same guy a couple years apart), and he is some Russian dude that is here doing shit for the homeland... I don't even want to bother telling ya the conversations because they are almost unbelievable, but to see the guilt in his eyes you know whatever he's here for it isn't good.

There's a lot of privacy in the Desert and outlaying communities.. Some are Vets that don't want to deal with people.. Other are people that don't want anyone seeing what they are doing. Luckily I think the good guys out arm the bad guys if it came down to it.

RD

hallett21

Reaction score
I have seen some really bizarre shit in the grocery stores of Lake Havasu / Mid Week / Late at night.. Full on ISIS looking m'fer that was GIANT... Chick in the full garb walking six feet behind him. Just to look at him you knew he'd been training his whole life in some flipping camp.

I have ran into a guy twice now at the Flying X (same guy a couple years apart), and he is some Russian dude that is here doing shit for the homeland... I don't even want to bother telling ya the conversations because they are almost unbelievable, but to see the guilt in his eyes you know whatever he's here for it isn't good.

There's a lot of privacy in the Desert and outlaying communities.. Some are Vets that don't want to deal with people.. Other are people that don't want anyone seeing what they are doing. Luckily I think the good guys out arm the bad guys if it came down to it.

RD

Fire up a thread in the protected section [emoji1303]

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Best detailed information about what happened before during and after 9/11 that I’ve seen. Very good show.
Brianna started it last night with her daughter (my step daughter obviously). At 11 she is still pretty clueless...she just stared at the screen showing the planes hit....struggling to grasp it. I had flashbacks to that morning...amazing what your mind remembers about a specific event. I remember the exact seat I was in, my teachers name, what the classroom looked like (I was in HS), my friends who were there etc. We were locked down ALL day.

"If it were up to me I'd play it everyday.." Our society is now a collection of chickenshits. Those people (the radicals such as Taliban/isis/etc) have a fundamental ideological difference compared to us and are the ENEMY. Now President "ice cream and depends" has imported unvetted terrorists to wreak havoc. I fear the future my daughters face.

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score

RD
I am still not convinced citizens would do much, if anything. Everybody is so afraid to lose what they have. By the time regular people finally understand what was happening, and maybe a signal on TV would go out, the bad guys would have you rounded up already. I can see everyone saying, "is this real?" "where are the police?" That kind of shit.
A small group wouldn't...maybe.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Brianna started it last night with her daughter (my step daughter obviously). At 11 she is still pretty clueless...she just stared at the screen showing the planes hit....struggling to grasp it. I had flashbacks to that morning...amazing what your mind remembers about a specific event. I remember the exact seat I was in, my teachers name, what the classroom looked like (I was in HS), my friends who were there etc. We were locked down ALL day.

"If it were up to me I'd play it everyday.." Our society is now a collection of chickenshits. Those people have a fundamental ideological difference compared to us and are the ENEMY. Now President "ice cream and depends" has imported unvetted terrorists to wreak havoc. I fear the future my daughters face.
I was having breakast before leaving for work, nobody went to work that day, just sat glued to the TV. The other part was when planes started flying again, first were national guard troops standing everywhere with AR's and the second was the hysteria. I was on a flight out of Burbank and a guy with a turban walked on to the plane, passengers flipped out, started telling the stewardess they were not comfortable being on a flight with the guy. Pretty messed up the hysteria the country was thrown into.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I was having breakast before leaving for work, nobody went to work that day, just sat glued to the TV. The other part was when planes started flying again, first were national guard troops standing everywhere with AR's and the second was the hysteria. I was on a flight out of Burbank and a guy with a turban walked on to the plane, passengers flipped out, started telling the stewardess they were not comfortable being on a flight with the guy. Pretty messed up the hysteria the country was thrown into.

I agree with you...it was insane what happened afterwards. I have quite a few friends from the Middle East...back in college it was interesting to hear their perspective on it. The developed Middle East was for the most part appalled..the rest of them celebrated. One of my closest college friends lives in (and is from) Saudi, super cool guy, the absolute bull shit he went through in the years after was crazy. Even dressed "American" we could NEVER leave him alone at the bar. One of the worst and only bar fights I was ever in was at moose mcgillicuddy's in Waikiki...some marines jumped him. It did not go well...and id assume some careers ended that night. He never went out again..and that wasn't right.

WYRD

Reaction score
I am still not convinced citizens would do much, if anything. Everybody is so afraid to lose what they have. By the time regular people finally understand what was happening, and maybe a signal on TV would go out, the bad guys would have you rounded up already. I can see everyone saying, "is this real?" "where are the police?" That kind of shit.
A small group wouldn't...maybe.
This...most people talk a big game but if s h t f for real not many people would understand what was going on. The media surely wouldn't help. Sure there are lots of guns here in America but few gun owners possess the guerrilla warfare mentality that a lot of these crazy fucks trained for all their life

Last edited:

Bear Down

Reaction score
The part where the presidents advisor walks into the kindergarden class and whispers into Georges ear is surreal. He was interviewed in the show, the first time he spoke with him he told him it was a cesna that hit the tower. Then he walked into the classroom and whispered in his ear, it was a jetliner, "america is under attack". The look on the presidents face at the moment is utter shock.

That part really Choked me up.... My emotions swelled up seeing that clip. I was finishing the last few episodes last night and my 12 years started to watch a little bit of it. Gave him a history lesson and asked him 1st what he knew about 9-11 and the Taliban, gave him some insight and education. I also gave him my historical point of view. Told him how and why I love Reagan, how my parent became US Citizens because they belived in him and I was grateful to a nation that took my parents into this country, I explained to him about Iraq and the invasion of Kuwait when I was in high school and since then I became a Military supporter and my patriotism grew. I just explained to him to study/research and make his own decisions but not to believe all the media say, they all have an agenda and to get the facts and double check the facts (trust but verify) and that his views will be developed in a responsible way. Influence to our youth is so difficult for sure.