OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
a lion in a sidecar....but a Ferd jumping a pachyderm in 1957.😛

Full story on Bangshift.
1608734458909.jpg

rrrr

Reaction score
When I was in high school, I owned a 1952 Studebaker pickup with a 170 CI four banger flathead. In my engine, it was called the incremental oil change tube. It would blow a quart or two overboard every few days.

I'd drive over to the Sinclair gas station by my house and purchase quarts of "rerefined" oil in glass jars like these for 25¢. Every three weeks or so the engine changed its own oil.

😁

s-l300.jpg

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Yep, "self changing" oil systems back then. :cool:
Pops swore by that nasty Texaco Havoline oil in his rides. Told him to keep a putty knife handy when you pull a valve cover off, haha.

I remember seeing the always present oil stain line in the center of the highway lanes and big stains at intersections from the dreaded "Tube" long ago. Also have some of the old DX/Sunoco glass qts. somewhere.

playdeep

Reaction score
When I was in high school, I owned a 1952 Studebaker pickup with a 170 CI four banger flathead. In my engine, it was called the incremental oil change tube. It would blow a quart or two overboard every few days.

I'd drive over to the Sinclair gas station by my house and purchase quarts of "rerefined" oil in glass jars like these for 25¢. Every three weeks or so the engine changed its own oil.

😁

s-l300.jpg

I remember that ol' Stude...it was cool.
Did the Sinclair thing as well...must've been an Eldorado thing.

rrrr

Reaction score
I remember that ol' Stude...it was cool.
Did the Sinclair thing as well...must've been an Eldorado thing.

People were puzzled why I went from a Trans Am to a Studebaker pickup. 😁

I used the money from selling it to buy a 4X4 Suburban the next year.

The Sinclair station at Chelwood and Comanche sold regular for 25.9¢ when I was driving the Land Cruiser. Five bucks for gas and five bucks for a case of beer and the weekend was on!

Spudsbud

Reaction score

😁

s-l300.jpg
Sunoco, huh ?
my dailey driver 😅
20201224_093514.jpg

calkid

Reaction score
Had a Chevy once that didn't need a dipstick. I always knew it was low on oil when it quit leaking.

wzuber

Reaction score
I had 68 fleetside w/250 6cyl. I just added 3qts w/every fill up and kept on. Just don't brush up against the side of it if ya wanted to remain clean......