WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Not feeling so great right now

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
We are boating today and then pulling it out for the winter.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I've watched the spot where the sun goes down behind the mountains....I'd swear them hills have moved to the right🤔

endobear

Reaction score
Expecting snow at my place Tuesday.
I hate winter.

Last edited:

RichL

Reaction score
Came out of the camper this morning just before 8 and the temp had already come up to 52°. At 61° now headed for upper 70's. Should be a great boating day but fall is definitely knocking on the door.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
yep. Crashing off of my all time summer high.... feeling pretty down
Get you one of these and continue the fun.
1599312951642.jpeg

95Enforcer

Reaction score
Im looking forward to the winter boating and spending more time at the Havasu house. Getting kinda tired of the crazy heat.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I'm ready to put this year behind me, so not so bummed its almost over.

This.

I've had a 3 year lull. Spent the summer of 2018 working on houses and moving...didn't make it to the river at all. Last summer was spent recovering from the financial hit I took on the house deal and moving and we only made it out 2 weekends. This year the fucking indians had our park closed. I've owned the Lavey for 3 years now and it's been wet twice....pisses me off. Hard to go anywhere else when most of our shit is at Big River and we have 2 dogs to drag along...we're simply not set up with a MoHo for actually traveling. That might change soon. I can't wait for next year. 2020 can kiss my ass.

Last edited:

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
You guys are all looking at it wrong. it just means we are getting closer to Key west and all the fun to be had in florida ( that is if they open up )

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yes, summer is coming to a close...that's not so bad really. This year has sucked for many people. Shut downs made the waters busy, and at times dangerous. New boaters "getting their feet wet"...and sometimes more. Next year, the newbies will not be as fresh, and hopefully things will settle down a touch.
By closing this chapter, we move closure to the next. The next should be better, as this one damn near made me put down the book. The original poster just recently could have lost a boat, as his marina decided to go for a float...this year has sucked.
Look at the brighter side of grey. Be happy you own boats, and have a life that offers you the chances to use them at times. Most of us are not locked away in inner city offices, slowly counting the days until retirement. Some of them will try to live at that point, but are only existing now. Summer comes back. Hell, according to the environmentalists, global warming should have us in an endless summer soon.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I'm ready for it, it's been a long hot summer. September and October are the best months to boat out here anyway.

Totally ready for a slowdown in the shop as well, i have several personal/shop related projects i'd like to finish and am actually looking forward to a little slow down.