WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Notable posters from days gone bye

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
OK....so then maybe I will hang out for a while...Chris and I are looking for new friends to go boating with, I know Kachina is at the top of that list.....and maybe more....as I said...we bought a new boat this last month and are excited to get it out and go skiing in it and cruise the river a little...here's a pic of our new toy....if you see us out there....stop by and say hello...

BTW..Thanks Bilgie....nice to be in from the cold...;)

View attachment 269114

Ultra?

Congrats.

Cosmo

Banned
Reaction score
Lightning 247xs with a 496 with a whipple charger....

Reactions: Lue

Cosmo

Banned
Reaction score
where do you boat at?

We are just outside Modesto here...so any of the lakes east of here, Don Pedro, some of the others..maybe Tahoe, Whiskeytown, Shasta... have net yet decided on the delta yet...time will tell on that one. Mid state would be Nacimiento of course..and then down to Bakersfield and east through Tehachapi and Barstow to get to Havasu and Laughlin...I really like Catherine's landing and that whole area....

milkmoney

Reaction score
We are just outside Modesto here...so any of the lakes east of here, Don Pedro, some of the others..maybe Tahoe, Whiskeytown, Shasta... have net yet decided on the delta yet...time will tell on the one. Mid state would be Nacimiento of course..and then down to Bakersfield and east through Tehachapi and Barstow to get to Havasu and Laughlin...I really like Catherine's landing and that whole area....

:thumbup::thumbup: I am from nor cal (Petaluma) spent time on Shasta and whiskeytown(back when it was unknown)..and most of nor cal lakes...I want to do the delta one day for sure..:)

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
OK....so then maybe I will hang out for a while...Chris and I are looking for new friends to go boating with, I know Kachina is at the top of that list.....and maybe more....as I said...we bought a new boat this last month and are excited to get it out and go skiing in it and cruise the river a little...here's a pic of our new toy....if you see us out there....stop by and say hello...

BTW..Thanks Bilgie....nice to be in from the cold...;)

View attachment 269114
Great looking boat Brett, congrats! :thumbsup

Cosmo

Banned
Reaction score
Great looking boat Brett, congrats! :thumbsup

Call it a ten year anniversary gift for Chrissie.....thanks!!!...we are really excited...looking forward to enjoying good times with great friends on a beach somewhere...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Call it a ten year anniversary gift for Chrissie.....thanks!!!...we are really excited...looking forward to enjoying good times with great friends on a beach somewhere...

Anytime you guys want to spend time at Shasta just let me know.

We have 2 spare rooms and enough parking to stage a show and shine!

(And a huge pool!)

We are about 20 minutes from the Lake.

That is a fine looking boat there! Deb will want a bigger boat if she ever rides in it!

Cosmo

Banned
Reaction score
:thumbup::thumbup: I am from nor cal (Petaluma) spent time on Shasta and whiskeytown(back when it was unknown)..and most of nor cal lakes...I want to do the delta one day for sure..:)

Well, I keep hearing all these stories about the delta..about underwater this and that...logs...etc. which is too bad..because there are a lot of great bars and places to tie up to over there...seems like a lot of fun...but not sure I want to try it yet...I know cruising up the Sac river to Sac under the RR bridge there and waving at all my buddies leaving Sac for San Jose is on the list...LOL....:rolleyes

This bridge....LOL...

[video=youtube;6oBYSLONeOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oBYSLONeOM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oBYSLONeOM[/video]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Your right. Hi I'm Phil, it's a beautiful day in So Cal. Don't Whipple a black motor!!

lmao.....:)
Anytime you guys want to spend time at Shasta just let me know.

We have 2 spare rooms and enough parking to stage a show and shine!

(And a huge pool!)

We are about 20 minutes from the Lake.

That is a fine looking boat there! Deb will want a bigger boat if she ever rides in it!
hey looky an open invite , free place to stay by Shasta, rdp road trip..thanks tommy..

Well, I keep hearing all these stories about the delta..about underwater this and that...logs...etc. which is too bad..because there are a lot of great bars and places to tie up to over there...seems like a lot of fun...but not sure I want to try it yet...I know cruising up the Sac river to Sac under the RR bridge there and waving at all my buddies leaving Sac for San Jose is on the list...LOL....:rolleyes

This bridge....LOL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oBYSLONeOM

I want to go with the dlb guys , they seem to know the river well..:thumbup:

Cosmo

Banned
Reaction score
Better have a good mechanic on standby. Never Whipple a black motor!!

I hear ya....and trust me, I did my research. Your right. 496's do not like huffers. But this guy took the motor all the way down to the short block and rebuilt it from there up. Only original parts left in that motor are the block and maybe (though I think he pulled this also) the cam. Everything else is good stuff. Crank, custom pistons, redone heads, titanium parts from there up. I got the build sheets...it's a beast. I would never have touched it otherwise...I read way too much bad stuff, talked to enough folks who said pass on it if it is stock...etc. I look at it like this...it's just a fun boat..as long as I don't run it too hard out of the hole, and use it regular like...it's only running 4 pounds boost..it should last a long time with regular maintenance....BTW...engine only has 168 hours on the motor...RPM % from the printouts were midrange, with almost no time whatsoever in the upper RPM ranges....it was dynode...the guy said that the machine they use to dyno it was only good for 5000psi of resistance...as that is what the hoses were rated for...and it got up to there with RPM left....mechanic went all through it and gave it a blessing, as did a couple other guys once I showed them the build sheet...here is a video I shot of the test fire from the day I inspected it....BTW...it has 8" mufflers on it also....

[video=youtube;xBRx7e21AIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBRx7e21AIk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBRx7e21AIk[/video]

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
You homos are ruining a perfectly good thread

:D

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Better have a good mechanic on standby. Never Whipple a black motor!!

Don't be silly, he can just take it back to Lightning for free factory warranty service. Those guys are awesome! :rolleyes ;)

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

1st mod I would make to your new boat is an MSD. You need it just because.:)

Stay mellow, keep on the thick skin, and hang around. Time makes all the past bullshit fade out.

Good looking boat Brett.

I haven't posted here in months. Seems to be working out better for me. I am not coming back until 460 ships my fucking hat.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score

Stay mellow, keep on the thick skin, and hang around. Time makes all the past bullshit fade out.

Good looking boat Brett.

I haven't posted here in months. Seems to be working out better for me. I am not coming back until 460 ships my fucking hat.
You should at least check in from time to time, just to let everybody know you're ok

But I understand why you no longer post here.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
You should at least check in from time to time, just to let everybody know you're ok

But I understand why you no longer post here.

Thanks Bilge. I'll let him know next time I see him.

Tishimself

Banned
Reaction score

Good looking boat Brett.

I haven't posted here in months. Seems to be working o

Last edited:

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
LOL!! And you know...I don't know if I ever said I finally found out what the problem was...it was never the MSD....even though that's what everyone was saying....it had to do with the shifter, as I recall...once that got worked out, it ran awesome...I still have it...it has a few issues that need to be resolved still..but I am fireselling it to be rid of it....I like this boat a lot better...turnkey.....theres a lot to be said for turnkey in my life....so thanks brother....for letting me clear that whole thing up....it was a mess...was it not?

How many screen names do you have? LOL

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Delta Lunch Bunch Rocks!! I have video of that train bridge in old sac opening as we were coming through in a 50' Trawler. It's a pretty cool bridge.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Delta Lunch Bunch Rocks!! I have video of that train bridge in old sac opening as we were coming through in a 50' Trawler. It's a pretty cool bridge.

I plan on setting something up for a trip to nor cal. I want to run on the delta. I was telling you about it at the RDP party. :thumbsup:cool

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
The Bilge Idiot

What ever happened to him? I sure don't miss that guy!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
miss perfect
barbigirl
foxy
hootersleds
snakewrench

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
shock n awe