WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

November UTV Ride

Englewood

Reaction score
I'm putting together a ride in November if anyone is interested. We want to try this one then do a much longer ride from Havasu to Lake Tahoe next year!

Friday 11/6 (Day 1) - 125 Miles
Lake Havasu/Parker/Havasu Landing
Lunch/Gas @ Parker
Lodging: Havasu Landing Resort

Saturday 11/7 (Day 2) - 100 miles
Havasu Landing/Needles/Laughlin
Lunch/Gas @ Needles
Lodging: Tropicana ($90 incl resort fee and $10 food credit)

Sunday 11/8 (Day 3) - 75 Miles
Laughlin/Oatman/Topock Lake Havasu
Gas @ Oatman
Lunch @ topock

7:30am departure each day.

This is not a sanctioned event. Chase truck w/ trailer will be on standby at each location to haul gear/parts as needed.

Each participant is responsible for their own hotel reservations and costs.

UTV must have radio w baja channels, lights, spare tire and belts, and extra gas.

Let me know if interested and Ill add you to the list.

Interest List
@ParkerMagic
@spark2678
@ArizonaKevin
@Bpracing1127
@LargeOrangeFont
@Havaduner
@04-24Stealth
@Moabifam5
@glamis0812
@Wmc You in?
@JayBreww
@Bails
@Mikes56
+5 others not on RDP

Image 7-17-20 at 12.50 PM.jpg

Image 7-17-20 at 12.50 PM.jpg

Last edited:

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Sounds cool, except for the 7am departure time! LOL

DLC

Reaction score
Do you have the mileage figured out for each leg /day of the trip?

looks like a cool trip, do you think helmets will be required along the Ca route?

Reactions: DWC

Englewood

Reaction score
Do you have the mileage figured out for each leg /day of the trip?

looks like a cool trip, do you think helmets will be required along the Ca route?

Although the CA portion will be limited and very remote, we will need them around the Needles and Havasu Springs areas.

Will have mileage and GPS route mapped...100-150/day

Last edited:

Englewood

Reaction score
Trust me you need that early of a departure time. Doing 100-150 miles a day you are not drinking a lot during the day too

Could prob use some trail planning help if you're interested!

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Interested.

Quiestion. Day 2, you show the ride from Laughlin to Havasu Landing, with Lodging at Havasu Springs?

Englewood

Reaction score
We will be taking some roads in AZ so the vehicle needs to be at least AZ Street legal.

Havasu Landing on Sat Night!

glamis0812

Reaction score
Can’t do nothing about the asshole part. LOL
Definitely interested I would take my RZR

jesco

Reaction score
Trust me you need that early of a departure time. Doing 100-150 miles a day you are not drinking a lot during the day too
THIS!!! We do 120 mile +/- run from Ehrenberg to Yuma every November with around 20 to 25 cars. It takes ALL day, specially if somebody breaks something. A "quick 15 minute beer/pee break" takes an hour. By the time the leader stops to the last car, could be 10 to 20 minute difference. Then load everybody back up and get rolling again.... you get the point. We try to break up into 5 to 6 car groups but that doesn't last very long and get all bunched up eventually. Keep radio chatter to a minimum also, 20 guys calling out every turn gets annoying, thats what GPS is for!!! The first year we did it we left Ehrenberg at 7AM, rolled into Yuma around 6PM. Had to deal with (2) flats, (3) belts, and one guy who didn't have GPS and got lost because he was 8 turns back and took a LEFT somebody called out 4 turns ahead of him, hahahaha.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am highly interested but doesn’t 150 miles a day with that large of a group seem kinda “ambitious?”

I think Alamo is 110-115? And it takes us all damn day to get there. Granted we do a lot of scenic stops along the way.

Any possibility of stretching to a four day deal and maybe camping in the desert one night? Or? I dunno
I’d like to see some shit instead of just blasting by everything at 50-60 mph?

Im pretty down for whatever. I’m not sure I will have a car then though as my intent is to sell my can am in Sept / Oct and hopefully receive the speed Sxs in Nov

Last edited:

Englewood

Reaction score
I am highly interested but doesn’t 150 miles a day with that large of a group seem kinda “ambitious?”

I think Alamo is 110-115? And it takes us all damn day to get there. Granted we do a lot of scenic stops along the way.

Any possibility of stretching to a four day deal and maybe camping in the desert one night? Or? I dunno

Im pretty down for whatever. I’m not sure I will shelve a car then though as my intent is to sell my can am in Sept / Oct and hopefully receive the speed Sxs in Nov

In Baja we typically do 150-180mi per day...We can stretch to a 4-day if everyone is interested...I Like the idea of staying in the desert for a night. That sounds fun.

The only stretch I haven't done is Havasu to Laughlin (Day 1). @Bpracing1127 is sending me the trails so I can get a better feel of the time needed. He may be able to help with that section also. I will be pre-running the whole course prior to note any changes.

The only way this works is if we stop at certain places along the way. If wives need a pee stop every 5 mins it will take a year to get to each stop. We have to limit stops so we can get to our destination and party there each night.

We will have a photographer for this ride also. If anyone is willing to design shirts, please shoot me a message.

Please feel free to chime in with any thoughts, ideas, concerns...

• Wow

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
In Baja we typically do 150-180mi per day...We can stretch to a 4-day if everyone is interested...I Like the idea of staying in the desert for a night. That sounds fun.

The only stretch I haven't done is Havasu to Laughlin (Day 1). @Bpracing1127 is sending me the trails so I can get a better feel of the time needed. He may be able to help with that section also. I will be pre-running the whole course prior to note any changes.

The only way this works is if we stop at certain places along the way. If wives need a pee stop every 5 mins it will take a year to get to each stop. We have to limit stops so we can get to our destination and party there each night.

We will have a photographer for this ride also. If anyone is willing to design shirts, please shoot me a message.

Please feel free to chime in with any thoughts, ideas, concerns...

Let me know when you are going to ore run it. I will go with you!

Englewood

Reaction score

Im pretty down for whatever. I’m not sure I will have a car then though as my intent is to sell my can am in Sept / Oct and hopefully receive the speed Sxs in Nov

Walmart Havasu to Laughlin - 63 Miles.

As long as each leg is less than 100mi, we can easily do in a day.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Day 3 looks to be really long roughly 140 miles or so. I know it’s 65 from havasu to desert bar (not taking the highway)

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Laughlin to Havasu Landing involves too much CA (crossing roads/helmets/etc.) so we're gonna pivot and go to either:

Kingman for day 2
or
stay in Laughlin another night and do a day trip to Searchlight on Sat. and back to Havasu Sunday...Thoughts?

I think the hotels and stuff to do overnight are probably better in laughlin than in kingman, doing a day 2 to searchlight and back sounds more fun to me.

DLC

Reaction score
The issue is Parker to Havasu Landing, everything else seems like it’s been ran / driven before & this section is somewhat unknown/ uncharted distance and time

i would think it would be best to go from HAVASU to Parker to the landing - spend the night- 1st day it’s the longest run Cars & people are fresh and If you roll into the landing at midnight it’s the 1st day no big deal the rest of the ride is easy. If ran the other direction most people will just jump on the highway and run the 95 into havasu on the last day tired and later in the evening and possibly after drinking on the trail.

I also think this ride Can be completed in 2 days ( cross over river at AVI )then head into HAVASU
but
could also be stretched out to 3 by going to Laughlin and getting lunch at Oatman / Topoc 66 on the way into Havasu on the 3rd day

you can get to Parker in one tank, Parker to landing 1 tank, landing to Avi or Laughlin in 1 tank and Laughlin to Havasu in 1 tank and a 2 gallon can should be brought along for just in cas

Englewood

Reaction score
The issue is Parker to Havasu Landing, everything else seems like it’s been ran / driven before & this section is somewhat unknown/ uncharted distance and time

i would think it would be best to go from HAVASU to Parker to the landing - spend the night- 1st day it’s the longest run Cars & people are fresh and If you roll into the landing at midnight it’s the 1st day no big deal the rest of the ride is easy. If ran the other direction most people will just jump on the highway and run the 95 into havasu on the last day tired and later in the evening and possibly after drinking on the trail.

I also think this ride Can be completed in 2 days ( cross over river at AVI )then head into HAVASU
but
could also be stretched out to 3 by going to Laughlin and getting lunch at Oatman / Topoc 66 on the way into Havasu on the 3rd day

you can get to Parker in one tank, Parker to landing 1 tank, landing to Avi or Laughlin in 1 tank and Laughlin to Havasu in 1 tank and a 2 gallon can should be brought along for just in cas

I have day 1 and 3 mapped and we could stick to original plan. I can’t seem to find many options from Needles to Landing. It gets tricky with the freeway and the train tracks. If anyone can help with that section we can stick to original plan.

I have Landing to parker mapped. Done it many times. It’s a great ride! It takes about 2-3 hours depending on stops. 65mi

Reactions: DLC

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I have day 1 and 3 mapped and we could stick to original plan. I can’t seem to find many options from Needles to Landing. It gets tricky with the freeway and the train tracks. If anyone can help with that section we can stick to original plan.

I have Landing to parker mapped. Done it many times. It’s a great ride! It takes about 2-3 hours depending on stops. 65mi

We have done Moabi to Landing before, there's a wash that gets you under the train tracks and freeway so as long as we can get through needles and down to Moabi we can get over to landing.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

Have you done Parker to havasu? That’s about 65 miles too maybe 75 in deep in Parker

Englewood

Reaction score
ok...GOT IT FIGURED OUT

Original plan. Havasu-Laughlin, Laughlin-Havasu Landing, Havasu Landing - Lake Havasu

Next Decision...Head south or north first. South portion will be the longest. @DWC made a good point. Since the south loop is longest, do that the first day and go the other direction?

Reactions: DLC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Now do you get from Havasu Lansing to Havasu? (Not trying time side track the thread)

there’s a small body of water in between the two? Lol

Englewood

Reaction score
Now do you get from Havasu Lansing to Havasu? (Not trying time side track the thread)

That new Canam doesn't float? LOL

We've done the ride many times from Riverland. It's a great ride with all types of terrain. 60mi between Landing and Parker. Once we get to Parker, we will go around airport, hit shea rd, planet ranch up wash towards havasu concrete plant. It's gonna be an 8-5 day but will be fun as shit. I'm thinking we should do this the first day and go around that direction.

DLC

Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking, get the long part out of the way.

driving in from Laughlin ( north to south ) is 99% off road and no long stretches of pavement

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

Down to Parker, cross the bridge and back up through planet ranch

riverroyal

Reaction score
geezus, so 3 day deal with a chase for clothes and stuff?