WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Now Calif/Newson Going After Sportfishing Boats

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The exhaust restrictions to be placed on So Cal Sportfishing vessels aren’t realistic. The technology necessary to meet the required exhaust emission levels does not yet exist. Question - Must the Mexican 18 wheelers on our highways abide by the same restrictions?

Taboma

Reaction score
The normally liberal San Diego Tribune ran a pretty good column in the Sunday sports section on this CARB vs the Sportsfishing Fleet emissions showdown.
Since I know so many of you are watching this as fishermen who frequent these boats, and the rest of us boaters concerned about the future of recreational boating as we enjoy it, I thought I'd post it for all to read. I'm not sure most, if any of you could read it online without a subscription so I've converted it to jpegs.

Hopefully I've sized them so most of us, given some are on Desktops, some laptops and others phones, everybody can read them.
Here's the story link, not sure if everybody can read it there or not.

San Diego Sportsfishing and CARB-1.jpg

San Diego Sportsfishing and CARB-2.jpg

San Diego Sportsfishing and CARB-3.jpg

San Diego Sportsfishing and CARB-4.jpg

Wedgy

Reaction score
I'm fucking 73 years old, I've watched this shit be hatched and continue to evolve my entire life.
I've boated my entire life as did my father before me and I fought in the rivers of SE Asia in a God Damned boat, so sure why don't you fill me in.

My entire point that so many of you are missing is ---- This is NOT a battle we're going to win using emotions as our defensive weapon --- hasn't that become clear by now ?

Apparently not. 😖

Glad you made it back Sailor. Thank you Sir. Semper Fi. Leatherneck Dave here is 73 too. Don't know your story, my Dad never talked about it. That you two, and my Dad in WW2/Korea survived, is a flat out miracle. I've seen more.

Listened to a radio show by a Pastor who said what's one aspect of the "Enviromentals," is that all these "Greenies," have rejected God and religion, and worship the Earth instead. Whether they know it or not. Many posts in this thread allude to this, like locking up the backcountry, lakes and rivers. Look at the new normal of Mead. Powell. Water management in California. Watch Chinatown. A couple times. Greed? Purposeful mismanagement? In California? By Government officials? In the U.S? By Federal agencies? That hardly ever happens. Right?

Man has dominion over the Earth. A God given right. Good Stewards?? Yes, but Man is in charge. May the best Man win. I'll be clinging, in Texas.

This is a fight to the finish, CARB's just getting warmed up. Californian's better wake TF up. Your State hates you, your business, your freedom.

DLC

Reaction score
This all started with medium to heavy trucks!
it’s gotten into lawn care mowers blowers and weed eaters
motorsports / desert off roading

and now it’s a problem because it gone into sport fishing…..

this has been a 20, 30, shoot 50 year plan! No NEW internal combustion motors after 2035 !! That’s just a few years out!

and now it’s a problem……

Taboma

Reaction score
This all started with medium to heavy trucks!
it’s gotten into lawn care mowers blowers and weed eaters
motorsports / desert off roading

and now it’s a problem because it gone into sport fishing…..

this has been a 20, 30, shoot 50 year plan! No NEW internal combustion motors after 2035 !! That’s just a few years out!

and now it’s a problem……

As the article points out, the sports fishing industry along the west coast is huge, especially in So Cal. This industry extends far beyond the end of the docks, and this industry needs to be shaken and awakened to gather it's forces, spend some collaborative finances and fight this with legitimate facts, presented professionally.

There was a comment by the Carb rep, stating how the commercial fisherman were ONLY being categorized as a less restrictive Tier 3, because the consumer had other choices from abroad the US commercial fishery was competing against. Making it obvious that their reasons for the far more restrictive Tier 4 for the sports fleet was because the customer (Fishermen) had no other choice but to absorb the inherent cost increases because there was no competition ? No ? What about Mexico ?

This allows us to peer into the mind set of CARB ---- We're going to FUCK YOU, because we can and in turn you can pass along that Fucking to your otherwise captive customer base.

It's obvious those who compiled the Cal Maritime Report were lacking very important data regarding the Sports Fishing Fleet and their boats. The industry needs to fill in every one of these blank or incorrectly stated factors.

This final paragraph from CARB speaks volumes, as in " Yup, our minds are made up, what's left to talk about is how you're going to comply and what glad-handing we can serve up under the guise of caring "

The So Cal sports fishing fleet has a LOT of work cut out for them and they best stop cutting bait and get to the business of staying alive.

CARB final paragraph..JPG