WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Now is the depth at the mouth of the river this time of year?

Boatmaster

Reaction score
Heading down this weekend and staying up in Needles. How is the depth at the mouth of the river? Thanks for any info.

Dettom

Reaction score
Heading down this weekend and staying up in Needles. How is the depth at the mouth of the river? Thanks for any info.

Stay to the left at the mouth where the no wake zone is if you're heading north. If your coming south, it'll be on your right and marked with a buoyed lane. A friend went clear to Needles the other day in his 28" Eliminator Daytona. No prob but watch the bottom..Be careful.

Hava-Schiada

Reaction score
Went up yesterday on the AZ side. The water level was as high as it gets. 448' elevation. But since it rained last Wednesday, it was cloudy and you can not see the bottom in the shallow area at the mouth. Kinda freaky.

If you know the usual route, trim it high and let it fly! Otherwise play it safe and stay in the no wake on the CA side. :thumbup:

With the recent storms you just don't know. In August I was south of the gorge in clear deep water. My lower end hit a submerged log that was floating down river underwater. The soft wood clogged all of my pick ups and instantly overheated the motor. I shut it down and cleared what I could with a corkscrew. But to play it safe, I got towed by Vessel Assist. When we flushed it an changed the impeller, there was still a shitload of wood scraps in the cooling system. Just one of those deals you can't predict or prevent.

69hondo

Reaction score
I will be there this weekend as was wondering the same thing. Thanks

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Stay to the left at the mouth where the no wake zone is if you're heading north. If your coming south, it'll be on your right and marked with a buoyed lane. A friend went clear to Needles the other day in his 28" Eliminator Daytona. No prob but watch the bottom..Be careful.

Yeah, didn't like the cloudy water.......that sucked.

TCHB

Reaction score
On Saturday I went the normal way through the center and it was plenty deep for any boat.