WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Now its Dr Suess @#$%&

JBZ

Reaction score
Yellowish with blue, green, pink, purple hair... prescient.
The good Doctor missed the tats, tongue ear eyelid chin piercings though...

The Sneetches had blue star tattoos

just_floatin

Reaction score
“I don't like wokeness here or there, I don't like wokeness anywhere”
4FF2EDD3-0921-4B36-B7F0-0ECCF0C91AFF.jpeg

nowski

Reaction score
I believe the #1 goal of Dr. Zeuss (Ted Geisel) was to get kids to read at an early age and most would agree the benefits are huge. Reading is really more than just reading, here are some of the benefits: stress reduction, visualization, mental stimulation, vocabulary expansion, comprehension, improved focus and concentration, stronger analytical thinking skills, better writing skills, tranquility, memory improvement and it's also a great way to exercise the brain.

My mom was an avid reader and was as sharp as a tack till her passing at the young age of 90 years old. A family friend of ours (another avid reader) will be turning 88 years old next month and is also as sharp as a tack. The benefits of reading go way beyond your years...

poncho

Reaction score
I believe the #1 goal of Dr. Zeuss (Ted Geisel) was to get kids to read at an early age and most would agree the benefits are huge. Reading is really more than just reading, here are some of the benefits: stress reduction, visualization, mental stimulation, vocabulary expansion, comprehension, improved focus and concentration, stronger analytical thinking skills, better writing skills, tranquility, memory improvement and it's also a great way to exercise the brain.

My mom was an avid reader and was as sharp as a tack till her passing at the young age of 90 years old. A family friend of ours (another avid reader) will be turning 88 years old next month and is also as sharp as a tack. The benefits of reading go way beyond your years...
My Mother and I shared a huge love of books, she had me reading 1000 page novels at 8 years old. I have a ton of reading material on tablets but still love holding a book on a plane, if its good the flight just sails by. 👍

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
The word you are looking for is Diversity..
that is what it’s being called now. It is the absolute right to hire not the most qualified candidate but now the Blackest.
What do you think is worse for any person of color, yes white (technically it is the absence of color, but..) is a color too. Not getting the job cause you were the least qualified or getting the job just because they need you to meet a quota.
Actually white is a blend of all the colors of the visual spectrum while black is the absence of color. Somewhere there must be a metaphor in there about being all inclusive.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Actually white is a blend of all the colors of the visual spectrum while black is the absence of color. Somewhere there must be a metaphor in there about being all inclusive.
White is actually the absence of color.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
"Are they going to cancel Michael Jackson, or is he okay because he was a pedophile?" - RCDave

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
White is all colors.
Yep. White is the combination of all the colors of the visual spectrum. “True black “ is the absence of any of those colors. The actual science of reflection is a bit more complicated than that but that’s it in nut shell.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
IDK. I am libertarian enough to respect the executors of the estate of the good (but apparently racist inclined) Theodore Seuss to avoid judging what they do with their assets, including refusing to continue publication. They did all those holding the hardcopies a favor, though, in a brief mania event going on in the secondary markets for the hardcopies right now. "Oh, The Prices You'll Know!"

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Maybe white light is but the actual color white is absent of color which means you can't add any colors together to make white.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
In science you are correct . In pigmentation color scheme which this whole thing is based it's the other way around.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Maybe white light is but the actual color white is absent of color which means you can't add any colors together to make white.
OK just to satisfy your curiosity, here is how you make white.
. 1614968762415.png
Mixing these colors in the proper proportions will yield white.

Last edited:

Rayson1971

Reaction score
So black reflects no color and white reflects all color. So without WHITE you have no color. Thanks for the lesson .

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
So black reflects no color and white reflects all color. So without WHITE you have no color. Thanks for the lesson .
In the interest of attaining harmony, some things to note.

When physical objects and pigments are considered, you in fact cannot blend pigment to attain white. You are stuck with whatever the base color of the object might be, based upon its own emission characteristics. Glass (SiO2) is 'clear', but can be doped with boron or chromium to attain brown or yellow colors.

When the perceptible frequency of photons arriving at a retina or other sensor are in a proper blend, you can in fact 'create the perception of white'. Earlier televisions that used a cathode ray tube (CRT) did this by maxing out the lumina signals on all emitted photons. Electrons were generated at the cathode then shot at the phosphor screen where they emitted Red green and blue light when they impacted the doped material there. This made the composite signal received at the retina appear white, though each picture element at the screen was still red, blue, and green. Modern screens do not really spend much time creating white, as they are mainly backlit by LEDs that generate white instead, saving some processing power. All this is based in the variable frequency of photons emitted by energetic reactions/reflections according to e=hv ("e equals h nu"), Planck's equation for photon energy.

The pigments blended cannot attain this unless they somehow arrange their individual molecules/elements/particles in a way that tricks your eye into seeing a single composite color. One way this was used in pigmentation is in the use of small metallic or reflective particles in the paint to create such an illusion...called 'pearl' or 'metallic'. Some paints also give a different color perception depending upon viewing angle, taking advantage of some vertical alignment of particles within the paint coating.

White, and black and all colors in between are mere perceptions. There is a whole branch of metaphysics that examines human conventions like color and perception bias.

you are welcome.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Technically there are only 3 colors the rest are shades and blends

But back to our regular scheduled program🤣

hallett21

Reaction score
That’s just what they teach liberals. Black is the least inclusive “color. “[emoji16]

Lol I was just thinking if I grabbed a punch of pens and colored the same spot I’d have black eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I can still buy Mein Kampf though right???:rolleyes::p Stoopidist time to be alive!

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
So eBay doesn't allow dr Seuss and amazon does

The headline is opinion. The fact is that the estate made a decision on what to do with its assets, not 'the left'.
I had to click four times before I finally got past the polemics of the opinions to the facts of the estate's actions. That is exactly how to maximize clickthrough ad revenues. Smart, Bart: maximizing revenue is good business sense.
On the fourth page clicked the statement summarizing the truth was this: "Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families,” This is the executor of Seuss estate talking about what to do with their assets and their business planning. Another business trying to maximize revenues.
So, Breitbart is a click engine that gets us to click maximally by inflaming opinion and feeding anger or resentment. Making money on bad emotions and stirring them higher along the way.

Justfishing

Reaction score
You have to pay attention to the bigger picture. This is the systematic cleansing of American history and culture.

The 2022 elections are going to be very important. Also as consumers you have power from the use of google , facebook etc. I should say who you do not do business with.

Do you not realize the length that the global elites are trying to take contol of things. The media can report the truth as they are corrupt.

Taboma

Reaction score
The headline is opinion. The fact is that the estate made a decision on what to do with its assets, not 'the left'.
I had to click four times before I finally got past the polemics of the opinions to the facts of the estate's actions. That is exactly how to maximize clickthrough ad revenues. Smart, Bart: maximizing revenue is good business sense.
On the fourth page clicked the statement summarizing the truth was this: "Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families,” This is the executor of Seuss estate talking about what to do with their assets and their business planning. Another business trying to maximize revenues.
So, Breitbart is a click engine that gets us to click maximally by inflaming opinion and feeding anger or resentment. Making money on bad emotions and stirring them higher along the way.

Ya know you'd be an immediate "Hit" in the RDP P&G section :oops: 😂

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
You have to pay attention to the bigger picture. This is the systematic cleansing of American history and culture.

The 2022 elections are going to be very important. Also as consumers you have power from the use of google , facebook etc. I should say who you do not do business with.

Do you not realize the length that the global elites are trying to take contol of things. The media can report the truth as they are corrupt.

I would be very interested in working through each of your complaints, but doing it in the back and forth of messaging in this forum would be fruitless...way too difficult to develop a meaningful answer or reach understanding

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
do you really believe this had nothing to do with "wokeness" then I have a bridge for sale.