WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Now this is how you exit the freeway!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Impressive hang time...

Odd society we live in, watched until 1:45, and nobody had exited the vehicle to even try to help.
Leave your girl on the phone, man up and at least make an attempt.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Fuck the freeway, that driver exited life [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Backlash

Reaction score
"Honey, your prerunner is such a waste. Watch what I can do with this car and this stock suspension."

😁

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
What going to make fun of the was there anybody in it remark, but I guess with driverless cars you can’t.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
First off, screaming doesn't do shit but escalate the situation, slap that person into next week. Second, what difference does it make if there were kids in the car, adults are humans also. Remember ALL lives matter.

Sharpy

Reaction score
That happened about a 1/4 from my house. That woman went to the hospital and walked out later that day. News says she was doing 90 before she hit the jump and split the primaries and the telephone wires. There’s videos of it from the launch side too.

Funny thing is, the first video I saw on FB of it Sunday was already dubbed over the DOH theme. 🤣

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Impressive hang time...

Odd society we live in, watched until 1:45, and nobody had exited the vehicle to even try to help.
Leave your girl on the phone, man up and at least make an attempt.

They read on RDP they might be exposed to liability and sued if they helped incorrectly.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
They read on RDP they might be exposed to liability and sued if they helped incorrectly.
Sometimes I wonder if there is some truth to that...liability, not the RDP part.

It's not hard to make a move, and be gone before the tow truck or pencil pusher arrives...so I've been told.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if there is some truth to that...liability, not the RDP part.

It's not hard to make a move, and be gone before the tow truck or pencil pusher arrives...so I've been told.

I know multiple firefighters that unless someone is dying and there is no one else to help they won’t get involved off the clock for fear of litigation. I don’t blame them.

hallett21

Reaction score
I know multiple firefighters that unless someone is dying and there is no one else to help they won’t get involved off the clock for fear of litigation. I don’t blame them.

FF, Nurse, EMT etc cannot leave until handing off to equal or higher care once they start. Including being off duty.

Normal Joe Shmo in CA is protected by Good Samaritan laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
FF, Nurse, EMT etc cannot leave until handing off to equal or higher care once they start. Including being off duty.

Pretty much. They have no desire to expose their family to some gruesome scene and then be forced to deal with it for minutes to hours only to be blamed for whatever the outcome was.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score

any EMT.... nurse... doctor.... is covered under the same law. Do what you know how and trained to do.... if a person with similar training would do the same thing in the same situation... it’s all good.

with that said... I only stop if it’s safe to do so. For example, the other day I came across an accident.

no safe place to park, with my grandkids in the car. I did the best I could, I called 9-1-1 and gave a good report.

hallett21

Reaction score
any EMT.... nurse... doctor.... is covered under the same law. Do what you know how and trained to do.... if a person with similar training would do the same thing in the same situation... it’s all good.

with that said... I only stop if it’s safe to do so. For example, the other day I came across an accident.

no safe place to park, with my grandkids in the car. I did the best I could, I called 9-1-1 and gave a good report.

Agreed. Unless some attorney finds “negligence”. Which it is awful that professionals who know what they’re doing have to even think about that.

My buddy and I as licensed and employed EMTs got called by attorneys after helping a piss drunk girl who flipped her car on rice road. Nothing came of it but it was a wtf moment.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

It gets tricky when you have a few cocktails and then are placed in a situation where you have to react as a nurse, dr etc. My wife deals with this often. At Glamis she typically leaves when she’s sees people dong stupid shit because she has had a few claws.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I was called one time, but as a witness to the accident, not as a defendant. One of the people I helped out of the car was airlifted...she was in pretty bad shape, but pretty mobile. She was getting out with or without my help. It turned out the deceased seated next to her was her mother. I wasn't going to be the one to have her sit there.

Been at the scene of some ugly stuff. That one still haunts me. I guess that's a price to pay. I don't know how first responders deal with it. Different cloth I guess. That one, though, I could tell you in detail. I could describe each of the three kids in the 3rd row, the mother and grandmother in the 2nd, and the driver...and his father in law in the front seats. Both grandparents DOA...not a thing I could do :(

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
That happened about a 1/4 from my house. That woman went to the hospital and walked out later that day. News says she was doing 90 before she hit the jump and split the primaries and the telephone wires. There’s videos of it from the launch side too.

Funny thing is, the first video I saw on FB of it Sunday was already dubbed over the DOH theme. 🤣
got a link?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Now THATS the American dream!!
Let’s see Bezo do that!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I like it, The rest of the story reveals the lowlife scum that runs from an accident. Glad she walked from the hospital and not had to stay for you guys to pay for!!!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That's gonna be one hella insurance claim if there is any😖

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Believe the Prudent Person Laws protect good samaritans who give emergency aid to victims. It can get confusing when dealing with aid such as CPR. Must your CPA card be current? What if the person giving the aid happens to have a BAC above .08? Technicalities, IMO. If someone needs help you do it.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
waylon dukes.jpg

500bbc

Reaction score
The car had about the same 15 seconds of weightlessness that Bezo’s cock rocket had [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Would that be a Cocket?🤔

ramos45

Reaction score
To those saying "took long enough to help" ARE YOU KIDDING ME! My eagerness to help is not unconditional. The driver's blatant disregard behind the wheel to cause that much air time would definitely weigh on my approach to the situation. Similar to catching up to an assclown who dumps his bike doing a wheelie on public roads, i'll help but not without letting him know he leveled up on the dumbass meter. I guess what i mean is you gotta sleep in the bed you make for yourself and that stunt in the video broke the bed.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
To that end, the person in need of help may not always be the one responsible for the event. A passenger, a child even...sometimes you wouldn't know until you approach the scene. Could even be a seizure, or a heart episode leaving a person unconscious before the actual accident.

I have a different outlook than some, but with reason. When I had my major accident I had fallen asleep at the wheel, and drove of the 210fwy. I've never been on the freeway alone, but apparently that night I was. Not one call to 911, no witnesses I guess. About 40 hours after the fact, a truck driver saw what he thought was a body laying beside a mangled truck. If he had shined it on, and not called CHP, I would not have lived much longer...he saw me from over 100yds away, from the loading dock he was leaving.

Because of a stranger's actions, I was able to learn from my mistakes. My funeral was be set for a later time.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
To those saying "took long enough to help" ARE YOU KIDDING ME! My eagerness to help is not unconditional. The driver's blatant disregard behind the wheel to cause that much air time would definitely weigh on my approach to the situation. Similar to catching up to an assclown who dumps his bike doing a wheelie on public roads, i'll help but not without letting him know he leveled up on the dumbass meter. I guess what i mean is you gotta sleep in the bed you make for yourself and that stunt in the video broke the bed.

Yea that scene is certainly something I would immediately roll up on to help.. with a gun drawn. Nobody launches a car like that for no reason... This person was fleeing the scene of an accident.

ramos45

Reaction score
To that end, the person in need of help may not always be the one responsible for the event. A passenger, a child even...sometimes you wouldn't know until you approach the scene. Could even be a seizure, or a heart episode leaving a person unconscious before the actual accident.

I have a different outlook than some, but with reason. When I had my major accident I had fallen asleep at the wheel, and drove of the 210fwy. I've never been on the freeway alone, but apparently that night I was. Not one call to 911, no witnesses I guess. About 40 hours after the fact, a truck driver saw what he thought was a body laying beside a mangled truck. If he had shined it on, and not called CHP, I would not have lived much longer...he saw me from over 100yds away, from the loading dock he was leaving.

Because of a stranger's actions, I was able to learn from my mistakes. My funeral was be set for a later time.

I understand completely, i'm just armchair quarterbacking the other armchair quarterbacks. ;)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I understand completely, i'm just armchair quarterbacking the other armchair quarterbacks. ;)
We're all just spectators, until we aren't. The weirdest thing is, I'd say most anyone here has gone from spectator to "game time" real quick, and never intended to. Anything from a choking kid to a little old lady that's tripped in the store, I'd say most anyone here would lend a hand.

I'm hoping St Peter gets an edited copy of my application video. There's a few good things on the highlight reel, but still not enough to tip the scales ;)