WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NOW WTF??? PROP QUESTION

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so I get this prop, 12 x 15 LH.... it gets here... it's left hand... but the taper is backward...:rolleyes

Reaction score
For a better reverse:). Post a pic

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
the front of the prop has the small end bad prop 001.jpg bad prop 002.jpg

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Strange. Is a brass prop even safe on a boat with your kind of hp?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
if you put it on the shaft, the blades are backwards....still left hand

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I don't know, why would it not be safe??? seems like it would be safer

I don't know. Was a question really. I just thought I was told that the higher hp v-drive boats usually run steel props.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I don't know. Was a question really. I just thought I was told that the higher hp v-drive boats usually run steel props.

I think with mine 4% over, brass works good..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Probably. Most likely it's only an issue with big gears when you're really spinning it fast.

so what do you think about that prop.. what could you put it on??? it would have to go in front right?

may be for a bow thruster??????????

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
so what do you think about that prop.. what could you put it on??? it would have to go in front right?

may be for a bow thruster??????????

I don't know what's up with that thing. Strange for sure.

FlatNv

Reaction score
I got 3 or 4- 3 blade brass that I ended up with some how, your welcome to try them.
I believe I have that size. will have to check.

Scott

Brian

Reaction score
General rule with brass props is keeping them under 5500 shaft rpm. They start to straighten out at that speed so I have been told.

28skater

Reaction score
I have a 12x16 left hand SS prop made by Radiece that I never use you are welcome to try. Should be in Parker next weds.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Steve, I've gotta say it has to be a right hand deal off of a wakeboard or some other direct drive deal.

Why are saying that its a LH prop?

Either way, put it on and test it. The trans won't care if its in reverse. You can still test it either way.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
where are you buying these all these parts? harbor freight? everything you've put on this boat doesnt fit/work right.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
where are you buying these all these parts? harbor freight? everything you've put on this boat doesnt fit/work right.

ebay,,lol

the prop is a left hand you can't make a left hand a right,,

the small end of the taper is on the front of the prop

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve, I've gotta say it has to be a right hand deal off of a wakeboard or some other direct drive deal.

Why are saying that its a LH prop?

Either way, put it on and test it. The trans won't care if its in reverse. You can still test it either way.

no you can't

Reaction score
You saying that the boat won't move? Throw it on and see what happens. What if its some high speed super secret test and tune one of a kind prop?

Yep, big daddy Don Garlets dragster didn't look normal but it sure was fast!! Try it!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
You saying that the boat won't move? Throw it on and see what happens. What if its some high speed super secret test and tune one of a kind prop?

thats exzact what it is ,,, wanna buy it:rolleyes

SS 201

SS 201 Schiada
Reaction score
Try a OJ PROP VERY GOOD PROP speak with Eric 1800 359 7502

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Propellers are a big part of how your boat works and the "wrong" prop can be dangerous. Why skimp on the important stuff especially when you obviously have plenty of $$$????

Call Bergeron engineering and have a new prop made (that's my suggestion).

spectras only

Reaction score
The smaller hole is on the backside of that prop. Somebody fubard machining the taper :D
Maybe RD machined that prop when he wanted one on the front on a special twin prop V-drive application,hehe

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Propellers are a big part of how your boat works and the "wrong" prop can be dangerous. Why skimp on the important stuff especially when you obviously have plenty of $$$????

that's why i'm not gonna run a prop with the taper bored backward...

but tthat being said, no faster then my boats goes, i could probley just zip tie flip flops to the shaft;)

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
that's why i'm not gonna run a prop with the taper bored backward...

but tthat being said, no faster then my boats goes, i could probley just zip tie flip flops to the shaft;)

You are seriously one funny dude Steve! :D

YZFRider

Reaction score
Great Thread, Not sure why its making me laugh. 2FF I think you need to sell that boat.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

Attachments

• schiada prop 003.jpg
    schiada prop 003.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 109
  • schiada prop 002.jpg
    schiada prop 002.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 112
  • schiada prop 001.jpg
    schiada prop 001.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 90

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
getting back to the OP.... does any one why it is tapered back wards???

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
2FF, I had a spare prop (brass) where they cut the blades off and re-set the pitch by welding the blades back on. In this case, MAYBE the guy subbed out the welding and failed to tell the welder which direction was forward. From the pics, it looks like that may be the case. Seems crazy, but even docs have been known to cut off the wrong leg, so welding up something backward is probably within the norm...BTW, luv that boat, especially the orange trailer and the old school wheels/caps. Wish I had the $ to off load that from you.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
2FF, I had a spare prop (brass) where they cut the blades off and re-set the pitch by welding the blades back on. In this case, MAYBE the guy subbed out the welding and failed to tell the welder which direction was forward. From the pics, it looks like that may be the case. Seems crazy, but even docs have been known to cut off the wrong leg, so welding up something backward is probably within the norm...BTW, luv that boat, especially the orange trailer and the old school wheels/caps. Wish I had the $ to off load that from you.

thanks for the kind response,

pretty sure were gonna have the schiada around for awhile, wife wants me to keep it and enjoy it for awhile...
really is a fun classy ol school boat, of all the schiadas i've had .. this one is pretty much as I would have ordered it...

maybe now adays I would get the 540 ci, single carb.. but def, like the velvet drive trans for ski'n...

back to the prop, I think it was bored backwards...

have a good weekend...steve

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
For your prop situation, pretty much anything is possible, so a backward taper could happen out of the factory. I guess it'll make a pretty cool beer opener, or a restoom key holder now.

Enjoy that boat!

Last edited:

waterhorse

Reaction score
Yeah, that taper has to be a screw-up that nobody caught......Till you caught it.
You are definately having some of my luck on parts lately.:D
Greg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
For your prop situation, pretty much anything is possible, so a backward taper could happen out of the factory. I guess it'll make a pretty cool beer opener, or a restoom key holder now.

Enjoy that boat!

took the schiada out, secret weapon prop worked bitch'n great hole shot,,,carried the bow well at cruise speed
pulled hard past 5500 rpms....

people everywhere loved the boat....every one thinks it a campbell:rolleyes:)

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
took the schiada out, secret weapon prop worked bitch'n great hole shot,,,carried the bow well at cruise speed
pulled hard past 5500 rpms....

people everywhere loved the boat....every one thinks it a campbell:rolleyes:)

I'm not surprised......everybody knows that Schiada's belong in Parker while Campbells ruled the waters of Havasu.

:D

Trash

Reaction score
That prop isn't tapered backwards. The more correct term would be blade sweep. It's a neutral swept prop designed most likely for displacement hulls and equal efficiency in forward and reverse. That prop won't do what you want.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
That prop isn't tapered backwards. The more correct term would be blade sweep. It's a neutral swept prop designed most likely for displacement hulls and equal efficiency in forward and reverse. That prop won't do what you want.

i've seen those props.... blades look the same when you flip them over......

this one has thin to thick cupped...

sangermike

Reaction score
Steve you Know better than to put a brass prop on a V-Drive. :thumbsdown from the looks of the bottom of that boat you better start thinking about a blast plate also. the better the prop bites the more heat it creates on the hull.

j540

Reaction score

Agree 100%
It's like he puts shit like this to stir the pot Lol.:rolleyes Get others talking.
Why would you buy Shit like that, It's not that a bronz prop won't work, again you have the $$$ and it's not that much to buy the right Steel or S.S. prop like a menkens or Hill etc. And much safer..... If you take care of it.
Why buy bottom of the barel.
And why isn't there a blast / prop wash plate, under there. Shit I went thru Alum, plate every two yr, because of the grit in the water
till I put a S.S. on, but mine is easy cuz I have a delta pad, and it's part of the whole Cav-plate, And flat, an easy to make.

Well since your buying ass Backwards and the prop is ass backwards, Looks like the shoe fits the foot. RUN that thing, don't be a quitter, Put your foot in it.:D:D
But then again maybe you are only turning 4000rpm ;)
LMFAO.