WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Oakland Police

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Wifey just told me Oakland city just Defunded the Police 17 mil$$$ 🤬 anyone know anything about it ? What a Fucking nightmare this is going to be if true 🤬🤬 body bags will be needed like masks 😉

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Wifey just told me Oakland city just Defunded the Police 17 mil$$$ 🤬 anyone know anything about it ? What a Fucking nightmare this is going to be if true 🤬🤬 body bags will be needed like masks 😉
The vote was 5 days ago.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
"a plan that will redirect the funds from the police department to the Department of Violence Prevention with the intention of improving public safety."
Great intentions! Maybe the money just isn't needed anymore since the Raiders left town?

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
"Oakland, noted hotbed for White Supremacist violence, risks a plunge into chaos after $17 million cut to Trump supporting Police budget." - CNN

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
So devil's advocate here, but this needs to be put in perspective. It looks like Oakland does their budgets over a two year period. The proposed budget for those two years was $650M, $325M per year. The cut is $18M over that two year period, $9M a year. 9/325 is 2.7%, which is not an unheard of cut for an annual operating budget in certain circumstances.

I fully agree that cutting police budgets in these times is a really bad idea and the reasons it is happening are not financially driven. They are politically driven and being done for all the wrong reasons, and that's just asinine. But, a 2.7% cut isn't a catastrophe and not as bad as its being made out to be.

2.7% or not, Oakland is pretty much a shithole either way.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, unless you're imprisoned, no person can make you live in a certain place. At least not yet. People can leave, but choose to live where they do.
Have at it. Can't see the riots from my house.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So devil's advocate here, but this needs to be put in perspective. It looks like Oakland does their budgets over a two year period. The proposed budget for those two years was $650M, $325M per year. The cut is $18M over that two year period, $9M a year. 9/325 is 2.7%, which is not an unheard of cut for an annual operating budget in certain circumstances.

I fully agree that cutting police budgets in these times is a really bad idea and the reasons it is happening are not financially driven. They are politically driven and being done for all the wrong reasons, and that's just asinine. But, a 2.7% cut isn't a catastrophe and not as bad as its being made out to be.

2.7% or not, Oakland is pretty much a shithole either way.
The claim of "defunding" is mostly just lip service.