WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Obama

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
:rotflmao::rotflmao:

I'll not even respond to the spin and fallacies presented. Apparently all real economic indicators were not even considered.

No offense V, but I'd do a lot more research before I believed the thoughts from a guy running a stock newsletter. A lot of hollow points and contrary information to the whole interview. The market is a piss poor indicator and could correct at any time from what's been driving it up......I'll leave it at that.

Glad you're looking around though.:thumbsup

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Just want to hear both sides of things now.

What about this.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/obamacare-lowers-uninsured-108789.html?hp=t1

Mind U I'm not asking for u guys to do my research or asking for into spoon feed me just curious to what u guys think and maybe u can make the research a little easier on me w links or whatever. Not trying to start a war or anything just trying to educate myself

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I realize a lot of this is propaganda so maybe u can help me cut through the bull shit and pull the facts

brgrcru

Reaction score
Only 2 words from me V... FUCK oblamo

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
The stock market is in "record territory", but it is not an indicator of the US economy, it's a gamble. Obama is 'clamping down' on coal fired electric plants, so our power will continue to cost more and more. While Obama is trying to close US coal fired plants, (carbon taxes) other countries (all over the world) are building over 400 NEW coal fired plants right now. I expect the USA to hit an iceberg soon with his captain at the helm. This economy is all "smoke, mirrors, and debt", to survive get yourself out of all debt ASAP !

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The stock market is in "record territory", but it is not an indicator of the US economy, it's a gamble. Obama is 'clamping down' on coal fired electric plants, so our power will continue to cost more and more. While Obama is trying to close US coal fired plants, (carbon taxes) other countries (all over the world) are building over 400 NEW coal fired plants right now. I expect the USA to hit an iceberg soon with his captain at the helm. This economy is all "smoke, mirrors, and debt", to survive get yourself out of all debt ASAP !

Trying to pay off my wife's jeep, then the only debt I'll have is the houses and boat. Would love to pay everything off but I'm trying to figure it out still.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
when the FED starts slowing down on the bond buying stimulus a lot will change in the market. The market has all the extra Fed money in it which helps it keep moving up.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Lol that was funny

And true.

Point being that there is a peripheral reason or agenda beyond what is shown to us.
It's the same with guns, business, tragedies, oil spills, oil leases, unions, bids, ...everything.

There is ALWAYS an angle and a buck to be made...and the more shit they can spoon feed all of us, the more ways they can manipulate us.

Did you know, for example, that one of the biggest anti-coal plant mouthpeices here in the USA makes millions a year as a heavy investor in foreign coal production?

Did you know that the Gulf Spill and subsequent "moratorium" on drilling resulted in George Soros getting all those rigs drilling on his invested leases elsewhere?

In effect making untold millions the minute his boy O signed the paper?
Did you know that the FEDERAL oversight hand has the final say on any and everything that happens on a drilling or production platform?

BigQ

Reaction score
Obama is only out to help his rich friends on the back of the poor and whats left of the middle class. Some of the automakers and banks are still in business today because of them riding on the backs of the lower income tax payers. Basically his economy is for his rich buddies. And i am still working on being his rich buddy!:D I say if you can't beat them join them.:thumbup:

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Let me give you my take on the economic situation, just based on my very limited understanding of the situation we are in.
We, as in the USA, are not taking in enough $ to cover what we spend.
We are 17 and change trillion in debt, and the numbers are rising, regularly, because we (the people) haven't pushed hard enough on our elected representatives to stop the insanity.
Normally, we sell bonds on the open market to get the extra money we need. The situation has devolved to the point where we (the USA) isn't the risk it once was, so even if we can get china and some of the others to buy the bonds the interest rates are killing us.
(Look up the costs of servicing the National Debt. and learn the difference between that and the deficit. The politicians like to mix them, and there is a big difference.)
So....since we need the money because we have weak political will and we have created a class dependent upon the $$$, we have a new plan.
The Federal Reserve calls up the guys at the Mint. (You need to spend 2 or 3 hours simply learning about the Federal Reserve System. Seriously. These guys are quite literally running your future, and they are not elected. Learn about them. Do it.)
They fire up the printing presses.
They print up a few hundred billion, and deliver it to the Treasury.
The Treasury has a window where they auction off the bonds.
The Federal Reserve shows up at the window and since they are the only bidder, they buy the bonds, and get the cash from them.
They then take that money and shove it into the banks, who in turn loans it to other banks and each other, and a big chunk goes into the markets....driving the markets up.
So, we are a snake, and we are eating our own tail.
The markets changed back in the day when so many people started using 401ks and other plans to fund our retirement systems. The markets were designed to reflect the profit-earnings potential of a given company, based on how strong it is, how much people believe in it, etc. It was a very clean very simple way to invest, and was a fairly accurate way of evaluating the worth of a given company.
Lets call the stock XX co. for instance.
You are in a union, as is my son. He is in a retirement system. That system invests in funds that hold a lot of stocks. Maybe XX Co. is one of them. XX Co has had a history of doing well, and people buy their product and they are established and all is good.
But the economy tanks. For a lot of reasons...but remember this...a naturally functioning capitalist system has a cyclic economy. It is healthy.
When the debt spiraled out of control due to all the reasons you've heard of and some you haven't, the politicians and the Fed realized the economy simply was not going to throw off enough $ in tax revenue to service the interest on the debt, and keep the party running in D.C.
So they started a program called Quantitative Easing. (Go learn about that one, too)
What they are doing is what I described above. We are printing the money, we are putting it out to loan, and we are borrowing it. This is a disaster.
It is created all sorts of false "value" in the markets.
It is digitizing our debt, and pissing off people who hold our bonds.
It is creating inflation. Cheap money keeps the wheels turning, but the Fed is betting they can stop the free money quickly enough to halt inflation once it takes off. And it will, it is simply inevitable, one of the first rules of economics you learn about in school. (it has already started, but since they don't include the cost of food and fuel when calculating the inflation number, we pretend it isn't happening, until we go to the gas station, pay our power bill or go to the grocery store)
They can't stop it now. They cut the grease from 85 Billion to 75 Billion recently, and it scared the crap outta the markets. They know it can't go on forever, but no one wants to stop feeding the machine.
The shit is going to hit the fan, and the longer it takes for it to hit the worse it is gonna be, IMHO.
Obama has, in my opinion, done nothing to slow or stop this. He has, in fact, seemingly done all he can get away with to make it worse. A reasonable man, exercising reasonable intelligence, looking at this from a long view, would have to look at what the man has done in his time and come to the conclusion that what he has done is purposely exacerbated the problem.
He actions (and some of his words) demonstrate clearly that he believes in his heart that the U.S. is bad, and that changing our core beliefs is the only cure.
He believes that big government is the answer. He believes that in government lies the solution to all the nations problems. He believes in income equality, he believes in a huge government machine.
I suggested to you once that you go find a copy of the Federalist Papers online. I suggest it again. Take the time, (it won't be a 30 minute read) and read them. Understand what is being said. Really, seriously read and understand them. Take notes. Write yourself a synopsis. Become an educated man on the subject.
It'll rock your world.
Then, do the same to the Constitution.
It won't take as long because that document is shorter and the nearest to perfection that men have ever produced. Once you have the understanding of the Constitution and can contrast it, in your mind, to what was written in ALL of the Federalist Papers, take a couple of days to just mull in your mind what you have experienced.
Then, take a long hard look at what the federal government has become.
Prepare to be disgusted. Prepare to feel helpless. Prepare to believe you were duped in school.
Prepare for a paradigm shift at your very core.
And then prepare to be angry as hell, and scared to death for your country.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
So what would u suggest be done? Or is there anything that can b done that will b effective enough to avoid disaster

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
So what would u suggest be done? Or is there anything that can b done that will b effective enough to avoid disaster
I think the FIRST thing he is suggesting is that YOU read and make up your own mind and not ask others what they think first (too easy that way)..........we would love to hear what your opinion is of FBT's analysis AFTER you have done the assigned reading :D

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What i take is it's not obamas fault but he's not helping just making it worse. So who's fault is it and I guess I'll wait to see if someone ever fixes it and how

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Have u read all that Paul? If so maybe I'll slowly start looking at it but I don't have days to do a report on it

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Have u read all that Paul? If so maybe I'll slowly start looking at it but I don't have days to do a report on it
Yes actually I have....which is why I probably became a little more conservative sooner than most of my peers.....but most of them have caught up to me as they have gotten older.

Actually when I went to school they still had those things as part of the curriculum.......not too convenient in concert with the current facts and certainly not something that lends itself to "Revisionist history" as FBT has discussed with you earlier as well........but then again your attitude is EXACTLY what the politicians are counting on.....an educated populace is dangerous so they rely on others to tell you what to think and no longer encourage you to come to your own conclusions.

Seriously if you read what FBT has said here he is basically saying "Learn for yourself" and here are some suggestions of what our country was based on........it's completely up to you to decide to either be a leader for yourself and your family or go through life as one of the "Sheep" based on what you hear in the media and what others want you to hear.......take the tough path and do some learning....15 minutes a day......just like you would tell someone who is physically out of shape.

Nuff said....you will either learn for yourself or let others tell you what to think.....it's your choice.....good luck:cool

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Yes actually I have....which is why I probably became a little more conservative sooner than most of my peers.....but most of them have caught up to me as they have gotten older.

Actually when I went to school they still had those things as part of the curriculum.......not too convenient in concert with the current facts and certainly not something that lends itself to "Revisionist history" as FBT has discussed with you earlier as well........but then again your attitude is EXACTLY what the politicians are counting on.....an educated populace is dangerous so they rely on others to tell you what to think and no longer encourage you to come to your own conclusions.

Seriously if you read what FBT has said here he is basically saying "Learn for yourself" and here are some suggestions of what our country was based on........it's completely up to you to decide to either be a leader for yourself and your family or go through life as one of the "Sheep" based on what you hear in the media and what others want you to hear.......take the tough path and do some learning....15 minutes a day......just like you would tell someone who is physically out of shape.

Nuff said....you will either learn for yourself or let others tell you what to think.....it's your choice.....good luck:cool

I'll do the 15 minutes a day. Maybe I'll get interested and keep going.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Son goes down for a nap in a bit that should b a good time to fire up the old computer [emoji106]. Ohhhhh gotta do some quit claim thing too u just reminded me thanks!!

Dalton

Reaction score
are you un-happy that Al Gore sold his communications company to Al-Jazeera ?

Not an al gore fan, I think he's rather strange, I just think it's strange this Arab dude has interest in a predominantly republican news network, but I guess republicans and oil do kinda go hand and hand

AzGeo

Reaction score
Cash talks and BS walks or votes Democrat. Al Gore 'speechifies' about reducing carbon footprints, yet he flies private, rides in multiple limo motorcades, reports huge monthly home electricity bills, and has never changed HIS WAYS . 10% won't effect how the company is run and sounds more like a personal salute to Murdock from a guy who does not need the money.

AzGeo

Reaction score
Obama is forcing the USA away from coal powered energy, and his tactics will raise prices to unbearable high levels. Every country around the world (including nuclear France) who wishes to expand their energy services, has gone to building new coal fired plants. Coal is cheap around the world, but Obama wants to 'outlaw it here', so he can add 'cap and trade' to tax the shit out of coal and eliminate it's use in the USA, while the ENTIRE WORLD will be using cheap coal to power their new plants/cities at record low prices. This President has and IS doing everything to destroy our American way of life, just look at his record. Holder is now allowing the EPA to bypass courts and make their own 'decisions' as to legality of activities and punishments. This means that the EPA is now able to be their own police, judge, and executioner. (legal ?)

Pesky Varmint

Reaction score
Obama is forcing the USA away from coal powered energy, and his tactics will raise prices to unbearable high levels. Every country around the world (including nuclear France) who wishes to expand their energy services, has gone to building new coal fired plants. Coal is cheap around the world, but Obama wants to 'outlaw it here', so he can add 'cap and trade' to tax the shit out of coal and eliminate it's use in the USA, while the ENTIRE WORLD will be using cheap coal to power their new plants/cities at record low prices. This President has and IS doing everything to destroy our American way of life, just look at his record. Holder is now allowing the EPA to bypass courts and make their own 'decisions' as to legality of activities and punishments. This means that the EPA is now able to be their own police, judge, and executioner. (legal ?)

Just further proof that journalism has degenerated to unprecedented lows in this country.

AzGeo

Reaction score
I need to update my previous posts on this site, "over 400 new plants" to "over 1200 new coal fired plants around the world".

Old Texan

Reaction score

This is a topic the Left/libs avoid as much as possible. I've argued it with most libs on the forums and they can't handle truth. The EPA is the regime's tool to shut down fossil fuel with no honest replacement.

The EPA is trying to shutdown central TX strip mines claiming coal dust is drifting several states away. This because they can't dispute clean coal technologies for what they are.....We have working clean coal plants in this country that with scrubbers and recovery systems have near zero emissions. But this science and technology is ignored by the media and avoided by the EPA. So they've got to go after the mines. They also need to attack CO2 because the other emissions have been handled. And there is working technology to capture he CO2 and use it in the oil and other industries.

What's really a pisser is we are selling our coal supply to be used in China and India. We're exporting our future with no viable replacement in sight.

Soon the EPA will be warning the nation about the dangers of Coal Fired plants' main chemical emission, dihydrogen monoxide and the left will be marching on removing this substance from our environment. Actually the facts are that states like CA are already seeing dihydrogen monoxide shortages throughout the state.

V13, have you removed dihydrogen monoxide from your home? Can you live better without it?

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I'm not reading anything [emoji12]

What i take is it's not obamas fault but he's not helping just making it worse. So who's fault is it and I guess I'll wait to see if someone ever fixes it and how
This course of action will make you part of this countries problem.

And as a result you'll never really LEARN anything.....you'll go through life based on what other want you to know and your "Feelings"......sure doesn't sound like the "V" you portray on this forum......but then again..............:hmm

I'll do the 15 minutes a day. Maybe I'll get interested and keep going.

I am glad to see that you have decided to take this course as it will at least lead you to either being educated idiot or an educated solution to our problems. The difference willbe in wwhich way you vote. :D
I am sure that you will see the conservative side of things when you are done and will be welcome to share your new found opinions here with most.
Well done.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Soon the EPA will be warning the nation about the dangers of Coal Fired plants' main chemical emission, dihydrogen monoxide and the left will be marching on removing this substance from our environment. Actually the facts are that states like CA are already seeing dihydrogen monoxide shortages throughout the state.

Lest anyone think Tex is paranoid...simply google "water vapor greenhouse gas" - it's already begun.

ram78d10

Reaction score
And true.

Point being that there is a peripheral reason or agenda beyond what is shown to us.
It's the same with guns, business, tragedies, oil spills, oil leases, unions, bids, ...everything.

There is ALWAYS an angle and a buck to be made...and the more shit they can spoon feed all of us, the more ways they can manipulate us.

Did you know, for example, that one of the biggest anti-coal plant mouthpeices here in the USA makes millions a year as a heavy investor in foreign coal production?

Did you know that the Gulf Spill and subsequent "moratorium" on drilling resulted in George Soros getting all those rigs drilling on his invested leases elsewhere?

In effect making untold millions the minute his boy O signed the paper?
Did you know that the FEDERAL oversight hand has the final say on any and everything that happens on a drilling or production platform?
Serious question Tommy boy: Have your political views and opinions been manipulated?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Serious question Tommy boy: Have your political views and opinions been manipulated?

Yep!!! Know by who??

one-der.jpg

AzGeo

Reaction score
Imagine the stock market standing on one leg. Every day stocks buy and sell, yet there is some 'back round thing' that 'seems like optimism, but isn't'. The stock market is standing on one leg because the FED is standing on one foot and has been doing so for quite a while. The FED has the power to manipulate the value of the American dollar, and they are guarding that 'business deal' very closely these days. Private bankers are controlling how much money the US Treasury prints, and those bankers are buying those US bonds that cover the new money. Then those banks take the 'printed money' and loan it out to other banks and private individuals. Much of our "trillions of debt" is false paper and will never be paid back, which is a total perversion of how the stock market was organized. Today, very little information is needed on a particular stock/company, because the Federal government will step in if the stocks you bought go up too fast. It's a large circle of hungry dogs,

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Banksters have more power than the government. They ultimately pull the strings of those in authority.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Imagine the stock market standing on one leg. Every day stocks buy and sell, yet there is some 'back round thing' that 'seems like optimism, but isn't'. The stock market is standing on one leg because the FED is standing on one foot and has been doing so for quite a while. The FED has the power to manipulate the value of the American dollar, and they are guarding that 'business deal' very closely these days. Private bankers are controlling how much money the US Treasury prints, and those bankers are buying those US bonds that cover the new money. Then those banks take the 'printed money' and loan it out to other banks and private individuals. Much of our "trillions of debt" is false paper and will never be paid back, which is a total perversion of how the stock market was organized. Today, very little information is needed on a particular stock/company, because the Federal government will step in if the stocks you bought go up too fast. It's a large circle of hungry dogs,

Complete House of Cards for the world economy......All the talk about pension funds and 401K's and few open comments on how they are tied into the markets.

Ask the man on the street where the gambling capital of the nation is and the majority would reply, Vegas......It's actually Washington DC. Biggest difference in the 2 is the "house wins" in Vegas. In DC, the house is built of cards.:yikes