WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OB's Epic River Trip.

Riley1

Reaction score
Here we go. Headed out tomorrow for our 9 day super epic river trip. Boat is hooked up. Throwing a few bags, ice chests and those paddleboards in and ready to depart around 0500 tomorrow. Going to start with the beach party tomorrow and 3days in Havasu. Followed by 3 days in Parker. Finishing with the Damn Dam Run next weekend. IMG_2724.jpg

CobraDave

Reaction score
Man that's a hell of a plan! See you on Mohave. Rain or shine!

3.Slow

Reaction score
Have a good trip bro, swing by Savage and check on my boat [emoji6] make sure it's good to go for the damn dam, otherwise your gonna have a full boat!

Riley1

Reaction score
Got on the water at around 11 this morning. Drama free drive out. Launched at the marina and headed straight up to the beach party. IMG_2735.jpg I didn't think to take any pictures until we were leaving.

Riley1

Reaction score
Might have stayed on a little too long. Looks like shits about to get real. lol IMG_2745.jpg

Riley1

Reaction score
My wife did a great job backing in the trailer. We had zero problems getting of the water. Chaos around us, bet we kept our composure and are back at our room w/o any new scratches on our boat.

Riley1

Reaction score
Well. It was a little rough this morning. Wife was adamant about me not water her up early. It's her vacation too. So were too late for breakfast at Havasu Landing. Had lunch at the nautical instead. Than some floating at Steamboat IMG_2758.jpg IMG_2760.jpg then on to 3 Dunes for one beer before we checked into our room at the nautical. IMG_2765.jpg Cameron spent over an hour on the playground/water. We're moored up for the night and headed to Shoguns for dinner in about an hour IMG_2774.jpg

Riley1

Reaction score
So who has MiniKat number before I hit up Uber?

Riley1

Reaction score
MiniKat came and hooked it up. Now we're at ShoGuns we called before we came and they said no wait. Now we're here and they say an hour! This is the 3rd time Ive brought my family here, thought maybe Sunday would work this time. Nope! Fuck this place.

Riley1

Reaction score
As I stood to take a picture of the open grill, they told us they could move us. So now we are at a grill table. I used to be quiet, I still pretty much am, but I after 30+ years have finally learned the whole squeaky wheel gets the grease thing.

Attachments

• IMG_2777.jpg
    IMG_2777.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 44

Riley1

Reaction score
Wind picked up last night. Boat ended up on the beach/rocks. Water was about 5' deep and I had 25' of line out not sure what I did wrong. I'll assess the damage and probably end up making an insurance claim.

DWC

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Hopefully it's not too bad. Look forward to seeing the rest of the trip

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Wind picked up last night. Boat ended up on the beach/rocks. Water was about 5' deep and I had 25' of line out not sure what I did wrong. I'll assess the damage and probably end up making an insurance claim.

Ahh shit. Hopefully it's only cosmetic and you can still enjoy the lake.

Riley1

Reaction score
Ppl intentionally beach there. Small silver dollar pebble rocks mostly. I think it will be ok to run. I'll get under it later.

Bigger problem is injuring my knee further while freaking out last night. Headed to urgent care at 11. Might be boating in crutches. But still boating nevertheless

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ppl intentionally beach there. Small silver dollar pebble rocks mostly. I think it will be ok to run. I'll get under it later.

Bigger problem is injuring my knee further while freaking out last night. Headed to urgent care at 11. Might be boating in crutches. But still boating nevertheless

I'm really sorry to hear that. :(. Nice meeting you at the beach deal over the weekend!

RD

Riley1

Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear that. :(. Nice meeting you at the beach deal over the weekend!

RD

We'll see you again at JeepDogs.
I went to urgent care. Got my crutches, and still chilled at 3 Dunes and the cove over here.

Riley1

Reaction score
The boat is off the water tonight. You know what they say, "Fool me once .."

IMG_2805.jpg

Btw. Spoke with some others this evening. I was not the only one caught by surprise or invited. Kinda sux. But we'll still be hitting Parker hard tomorrow.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Nice looking setup...sorry to hear about the setbacks...How does that Bimmer tow? What model/engine is the x5?

Riley1

Reaction score
Nice looking setup...sorry to hear about the setbacks...How does that Bimmer tow? What model/engine is the x5?

Tows great. It's a 2014 X5, diesel and all wheel drive. We got 19.1 mpg on our way out here at 65mph on the cruise control. Boat weight about 5500 with trailer and empty. We used to tow with a 06 expedition. The 8 speeds and higher torque of the BMW blow the expo away.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Ahh man !! Sorry to hear about the boat and your knee . Better to be on vacation than at work though . Great to see you guys this weekend . Enjoy the rest of your time off . Till next time :drink

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Good hanging out with you guys again on Saturday. Sorry to hear about your knee and boat. Hope the rest of your trip goes better.

Riley1

Reaction score
Was the boat ok from the incident?

RD

I feel it is "OK" enough to run. But will definitely need some work. This is how it was sitting in the morning. IMG_2801.jpg and this is how the bottom looks. IMG_2815.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2818.jpg
    IMG_2818.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 45

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I enjoyed staying at The Bluewater. The pool is awesome. Our kids went down the slide like 20 times. Food at the grille was OK.....drinks were good....lost $10.......valet and bell service were great.......I would stay there again, but bring the boat next time.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Shoot, I am getting a wild hair right now and am thinking about staying there Monday night and boat Parker all day Monday since we are bringing the boat home and it's on the way.

Riley1

Reaction score
Shoot, I am getting a wild hair right now and am thinking about staying there Monday night and boat Parker all day Monday since we are bringing the boat home and it's on the way.

I'll say this much. Their docks are nicewith Concrete on top. The wind came up and not even a ripple in the marina( docks hardly move also). A lot better that what was available at the nautical, and for a much better price.

rvrrun

Reaction score

Change of heart?

Riley1

Reaction score
I've been boating since I was 1. I have never seen as many No Wake violations anywhere else than I have the last 2 days in Parker. I'm not sure if it's negligence or strait don't give a F. But man, more ppl plowing at 15 than wake less. And then the lake lice IMG_2876.jpg

rvrrun

Reaction score
I've been boating since I was 1. I have never seen as many No Wake violations anywhere else than I have the last 2 days in Parker. I'm not sure if it's negligence or strait don't give a F. But man, more ppl plowing at 15 than wake less. And then the lake lice View attachment 577821

Spend some time floating at Bluewater, they might as well not even have the no wake buoy.

Riley1

Reaction score
Spend some time floating at Bluewater, they might as well not even have the no wake buoy.

That's what I'm seeing. People are giving me the weirdest looks when I yell at them that it's a no wake zone. Cameron yells first sometimes "No Wake Zone Dude!" Other times he'll say "Dad, don't they know it's a no wake zone?" My response, "anyone can buy a boat son"

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I could swear that Boatcop said that the blue water area is not a CC enforced/certified no wake zone. I've seen people drag the no wake bouys to the shore/away...

Dunno. It would be nice if it was enforced a no wake zone. But.......

yz450mm

Reaction score
They need to replace that buoy if they want people that are new to the area to know it's a no wake zone. Last Saturday it was almost completely destroyed, barely floating, and not noticeable unless you were looking for it.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Sounds like a Wake Zone rebellion going on.......Are these Zones unrealistic and folks just saying F-it?

I've seen that happen before. Folks don't see any reason for them and LE doesn't pay attention either.:hmm

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Not to get too far off topic, but do you have an outboard Bahner? I do.

I like these photojournals of fun trips like you're doing. Thanks for sharing.

-Peter

Riley1

Reaction score
Not to get too far off topic, but do you have an outboard Bahner? I do.

I like these photojournals of fun trips like you're doing. Thanks for sharing.

-Peter

Indeed I do Russ. We have spoken before on Scream and Fly and on here. IMG_2907.JPG