WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OB's Epic River Trip.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Indeed I do Russ. We have spoken before on Scream and Fly and on here. View attachment 577959

Ah yes, I remember now. That was you. Sweet. I still have a couple of pics of your boat saved from when your dad was driving it and you were little.

Say, in the pic of your boy being towed, standing up... What is that thing he's riding. It doesn't look quite like a water ski or a wake board. But my older girl (seven) needs to start getting towed... and on something besides a tube, where she has to use a little strength and balance.

-Peter

Riley1

Reaction score
Ah yes, I remember now. That was you. Sweet. I still have a couple of pics of your boat saved from when your dad was driving it and you were little.

-Peter

Yup, that pic of the Mohave basin is framed and in my living room.

I will have another to show on Saturday in the basin. This time with the Lavey and my son. My brother (3.Slow on here) who was also in the boat will be on Mohave on Saturday also for the Damn Dam Run. We should have plenty of pics of Mohave to post.

Bahner sits in the garage until I get a chance to make a lower river run with it. Too hard to justify pulling it to the river when we have the 24 footer now.

Shortdeck

Reaction score
First time the kid been water skiing, correct? That's pretty bad ass. [emoji106]

Riley1

Reaction score

Say, in the pic of your boy being towed, standing up... What is that thing he's riding. It doesn't look quite like a water ski or a wake board. But my older girl (seven) needs to start getting towed... and on something besides a tube, where she has to use a little strength and balance.

-Peter

Maybe next year we plan a Bahner Bash in needles?

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Nice to meet you and your family today. Hope you guys have a great time up at Mohave. 👍

Riley1

Reaction score
First time the kid been water skiing, correct? That's pretty bad ass. [emoji106]

I had him up 2 years ago, but he fell and was a bit scared. Purchased the inflatable EZ ski trainer yesterday. 20 min on that and then he was ready for the trainer we already had hopefully on some ski's tomorrow.

Riley1

Reaction score

-Peter

2 different trainers.

1st one is inflatable so they can sit down. Also can stand without moving. https://www.airhead.com/ez-ski.html

Second is a trainer ski that requires only a little bit of pull. I was able to get him up by pulling him with my hands while on the beach. http://www.wakehouse.com/products/o...MI7crmzfW81QIVCoh-Ch2EqQPVEAQYASABEgLAevD_BwE

Riley1

Reaction score
JeepDogs party. IMG_2922.jpg IMG_2923.jpg IMG_2919.jpg IMG_2918.jpg IMG_2916.jpg early. Forgot to take pics later on.

Riley1

Reaction score
View outside of our room at Katherine's. IMG_3048.jpg

Today will be our last day on the water. Back to Chino and to the Dr to see how bad this knee is.

Riley1

Reaction score
Back home. Even after 9 days, I don't like leaving the river.

IMG_3049.jpg
There's a Tri-Tip on that Fuckin BBQ right there.

jet496

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I can't go like I used to so I love the hell out of these kind of threads.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Back home. Even after 9 days, I don't like leaving the river.

It gets in your blood, doesn't it? And I didn't grow up with it like you did. I was nearly 40 a few years ago when I discovered boating and the river and lakes. So I've got to make up for lost time.

Thanks for sharing. I can't go like I used to so I love the hell out of these kind of threads.

Couldn't agree more, mate. And even though I get to go pretty often, I'm bummed every single time I leave.. But I still like to read about the various fun things other people do, and places they go. It's good fodder for ideas.

-Peter

Riley1

Reaction score
Catch up to now. 3-4 more months off work for the knee to heel. And 3 months for the boat. The boat is at Laveycraft. Insurance has approved the claim and work has started. That F'ing beach at the Nautical, 18k in damages! IMG_3080.jpg IMG_3085.jpg

But I said "Epic"! Not smooth or forgettable. [emoji23]

Riley1

Reaction score
18k!!!! Good lord what else happened?

I was shocked with the claim amount. But my pictures also don't do justice to the damage. Page 4 on this thread shows the more damage the the above picture. There are nicks almost the whole length of the boat on every chine. The steps have big chunks missing from them. A lot of gel is missing from the bottom V.

But yeah, with no industry knowledge, I thought high was going to be 7-8k. AAA approved the claim, I don't think they are in business to pay more than they have to, so we figure that's about what it costs.

Riley1

Reaction score
Stopped by today to see how far along they are. IMG_3321.jpg
Chris told me a couple weeks ago that he thought it might be ready this weekend. Looks like it could be.

Trying to leave Thursday morning. Let?s get this thing back on the trailer. Helo shots are at 10 on Friday [emoji6]