WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OC Audio Video Tech Reference

johnner58

Reaction score
Who's the go to A/V guy for setting up a home outdoor entertainment system?
Thanks in advance!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Who's the go to A/V guy for setting up a home outdoor entertainment system?
Thanks in advance!

How elaborate do you want it.
A tv hooked up with Roku and a receiver with a couple speakers under a patio Or in ground subs and speakers throughout the yard. Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnner58

Reaction score
How elaborate do you want it.
A tv hooked up with Roku and a receiver with a couple speakers under a patio Or in ground subs and speakers throughout the yard. Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr. C looking for Outdoor TV, Speakers with a receiver under the patio cover that can be controlled by iPhone etc.

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
Call Marks Audio. They are out of irwindale but will service anywhere. The best in the business

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I got a guy for super high end shit.. if it’s just an amp and a couple speakers I’m not sure if he’s the guy.
Personally I’d call Troy formerly of ICB, he has macintosh AV and does all kinds of work

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Chopped liver over here LOL

For OC we could potentially help, we typically do larger projects but happy to help and give you some recommendations if nothing else.

Do you have anything else in the house you're trying to integrate or do you just want to do that patio?

Do you want the TV audio coming out through the speakers or just through the TV? Are you thinking in ceiling speakers? Wanting to do any landscape speakers for music throughout the yard?

Any pictures of the yard or floorplans so we can give you some reccomendations?

Thanks

Zack

Icky

Reaction score

For OC we could potentially help, we typically do larger projects but happy to help and give you some recommendations if nothing else.

Do you have anything else in the house you're trying to integrate or do you just want to do that patio?

Do you want the TV audio coming out through the speakers or just through the TV? Are you thinking in ceiling speakers? Wanting to do any landscape speakers for music throughout the yard?

Thanks

Zack
@paradise
There you go 😁

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Thanks

Zack

I’d also recommend this guy.. dunno why I forgot about it earlier but I am suffering from coorslitus as of late.

& no @ChumpChange abd @Riverbound I haven’t gotten the Free AV work from him or Troy. Lol

johnner58

Reaction score

Any pictures of the yard or floorplans so we can give you some recommendations?

Thanks

Zack
We will be replacing the existing patio cover with a new one where the center seating area will be covered so we want to add a TV and speakers in that area, to the left is a bbq island where we need sound. The pool area is surrounded by landscape which would be ideal for landscape speakers. Inside the house we have a surround sound system in the living room powered by an older (5 years) Denon receiver that I'm considering upgrading so we can control music off our phones. I'd like the TV sound to flow through the speakers, will need to run cable for the TV and speaker wire for the Klipsch speakers I purchased.
Feel free to PM me .
Thanks John

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 44

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
We will be replacing the existing patio cover with a new one where the center seating area will be covered so we want to add a TV and speakers in that area, to the left is a bbq island where we need sound. The pool area is surrounded by landscape which would be ideal for landscape speakers. Inside the house we have a surround sound system in the living room powered by an older (5 years) Denon receiver that I'm considering upgrading so we can control music off our phones. I'd like the TV sound to flow through the speakers, will need to run cable for the TV and speaker wire for the Klipsch speakers I purchased.
Feel free to PM me .
Thanks John
Looks nice.

f it was me I would plan on two 8" in ceiling speakers in the covered patio area for the TV and then do a set of landscape speakers around the pool area for music in that zone. For audio control, the biggest hurdle will be the TV audio through the in ceiling speakers. You'll most likely still have to control that volume from your phone unless you did a small control system in there. If you like Denon you could go with HEOS throughout, replace your living rm receiver with a new Denon or Marantz that has HEOS built in and then add a heos amp for patio cover and do a heos link to connect to the amplifier for the landscape speakers. Other option for "audio only" is SONOS.

The other option would be doing a little control system for your living room, the outdoor patio and pool. That would give you a little more control over the TV and whatever sources you want available to them.

I'll shoot you my email if you want to discuss further.

Thanks