WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OC CCW Renewal info

richp5

Reaction score
Just an FYI. I submitted my renewal information on line April 5th for a June 15th renewal (10 weeks in advance) and called to check on the status. I was informed there is a backlog of 120 days so I would suggest everyone who has a renewal coming up in Orange County submit your information at the first opportunity which I was told is 120 days out.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
If you go on Riverside PD , LAPD etc website , there’s a lot of guys that don’t have CCW permits . Doesn’t seem to matter

azsunfun

Reaction score
ccw means law has your number, why? only illegal if your poped for it, when it comes to me give me eny fricken conceal carry ticket you want, bang bang, in the end i'me alive!

DWC

Reaction score
Did my first interview in SB last week. Guessing it’ll be awhile until i hear back.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Did my first interview in SB last week. Guessing it’ll be awhile until i hear back.
For riverside I did the first interview, got a phone call to send a few memos, and then another call to pay some more money and go pick it up.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
For riverside I did the first interview, got a phone call to send a few memos, and then another call to pay some more money and go pick it up.
They told me.. don’t call us we’ll call you. If you get a call it’s good news. (Hope i don’t hit ignore). If it’s a letter.. see you next time. Hope it works out and i head to the next stage. I can’t complain. All solid people

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
They told me.. don’t call us we’ll call you. If you get a call it’s good news. (Hope i don’t hit ignore). If it’s a letter.. see you next time. Hope it works out and i head to the next stage. I can’t complain. All solid people
On the ignore thing, I almost did that. It was a 213 or 323 area code that the call came from. I was working in the back listening to music so I almost hit ignore to keep playing my music. Lucky I didn’t. It was the Friday before a holiday weekend if I remember right.

Reactions: DWC

LC925

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely answer or you go to the back off the list of calls again. Mine was quick. A buddy got stuck through the C-19 deal and was put on hold but passed right along when they restarted. In San Bernardino County, took me about 45 days start to finish. Dec/Jan of 2019/2020 Pre C-19. My brother in Riverside was about 23 days start to finish Pre C-19. Not sure if today’s time lines.

Was actually reading the renewal time line and it recommended at latest 60-90 prior to expiring. Think I’ll get started soon in case there is a back log.

socal0487

Reaction score
My renewal for Ventura is in November so just under 120 day. Thanks for the reminder. Gonna set my appt so I don’t have to rush but Ventura is usually pretty quick

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Just an FYI. I submitted my renewal information on line April 5th for a June 15th renewal (10 weeks in advance) and called to check on the status. I was informed there is a backlog of 120 days so I would suggest everyone who has a renewal coming up in Orange County submit your information at the first opportunity which I was told is 120 days out.

Also have your renewal class done and submit your class cert. If you submit everything needed at once, when they get to you for approval It is all done that day, no back and forth.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Damn...It hurts my head to read all this.
I applaud you guys perseverance .
I’m much lazier.
I moved for mine.
Drove across the State line, took my firearm out of the triple locked case in the trunk, removed the ammo from its separate hidden locked compartment, dug the magazines out from the hidden backseat pouches, removed the holster from under the passenger seat, put it all together and hung it on my belt and was done.
Where I lived in CA there was no CCW permitted.
I had 2 choices.

1) Conform and live in hope that no one ever threatened me or my wife with deadly force.

2) Ignore the law and carry anyway, telling no one ever while I lived there.

it’s amazing to me the difference between counties, let alone the difference between restrictive States and a constitutional carry State.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Hopefully the case going to the Supreme Court this fall ends all this licensing requirement nonsense to carry a weapon to defend yourself and your family. Constitutional Carry is a right not a privelage!!!

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I’m not in Kalifornia- but I did just submit my ccw app about a week ago. Did it online and then had to go to an independent place for finger prints. No issue what so ever, pretty easy actually.

Then once fingerprints were accepted I needed to go the main sheriffs office to pay my local fees. You have to set an appointment online which I did. Didn’t even look at the month in the calendar month of available dates. Just selected the earliest date assuming it was the current month. Well I went in on the date I thought I selected. They pull up my info and tell me my appointment isn’t until November. 5 months out??? Just to pay a fee??? She was able to get me in because the appointment at that exact time didn’t show so they let me in.

5 months. Wtf?

gqchris

Reaction score
Also have your renewal class done and submit your class cert. If you submit everything needed at once, when they get to you for approval It is all done that day, no back and forth.
I got lucky my renewal was right in the middle of the Covid bullshit so i started 6 months in advance. Once I submitted class and updated my info, the CCW desk clerk emailed me and she renewed it rather quickly. Like I said though, I started 6 months early.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I got lucky my renewal was right in the middle of the Covid bullshit so i started 6 months in advance. Once I submitted class and updated my info, the CCW desk clerk emailed me and she renewed it rather quickly. Like I said though, I started 6 months early.

I started late, like with less than 60 days in November ‘20. Ended up with a 2 week gap from when my permit lapsed to when I got the new one. It would have been 0 gap if I had gone to the renewal class and submitted everything at once. If you have your good cause statement and justification documentation dialed in, it’s pretty easy to renew in OC.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Hopefully the case going to the Supreme Court this fall ends all this licensing requirement nonsense to carry a weapon to defend yourself and your family. Constitutional Carry is a right not a privelage!!!

Can you imagine the handwringing if this all ends...