WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ocotillo Jan 18-21?

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
We're heading out tomorrow morning. Anybody going to be out there this weekend?

Desertgirl

Reaction score
Yep. Dezertrider (Brian) and myself (Kathy) will be out there. But we will be in Ironwoods cleaning the RV and trailer all weekend .. :(

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Well if anybody is going to bet out there, we'll be three or four trailers strong. My Cyclone, a WW and a couple others. Picture in my avatar. Maybe see someone out there.

Desertgirl

Reaction score
My personal preferences are off of wolfe well road or off cahuilla road. About 1.5 miles in off either road are good spots.

Alot of folks camp of pole line too, but it seems to get a bit crowded on holiday weekends and too dusty.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
So going from Claremont, I'm gonna take the 10 out to I think the 74 south and then I'll see these roads you talk of?

Desertgirl

Reaction score
You'll take the 10 to the 86 to the 78.
The 78 is hard to see, but there is an agricultural station on the otherside of the Hwy, turn left there.

You'll pass pole line road first, you'll see the power poles.

Next you'll pass Cahuilla. There is a small street sign there. If you get to the Blu Inn (gas, food, ice) on the bridge, you passed it 1/4 mile back.

You'll see several other places to turn in to camp on the left and on the right. Stick to the left side, better riding.

Wolfe well road will be on the left. No sign, but the power poles turn in, along the dirt road, then stop. If you come up the the Desert Rose (restuarant) on split mountain road, you passed it.

Desertgirl

Reaction score
The 78 is hard to see, but there is an agricultural station on the otherside of the Hwy, turn left there.

Next you'll pass Cahuilla. There is a small street sign there. If you get to the Blu Inn (gas, food, ice) on the bridge, you passed it 1/4 mile back.

You'll see several other places to turn in to camp on the left and on the right. Stick to the left side, better riding.

Wolfe well road will be on the left. No sign, but the power poles turn in, along the dirt road, then stop. If you come up the the Desert Rose (restuarant) on split mountain road, you passed it.

I hope those help. Most of the trails have street signs. If you can grab a map from the Blu In or desert rose, it'll help when you're out riding.

dezertrider

Reaction score
The 78 is hard to see, but there is an agricultural station on the otherside of the Hwy, turn RIGHT there.

Good thing i do the driving.

dezertrider

Reaction score
Never been there before.......guess I'm going to find out. You got directions to anyplace good? If so, I'd appreciate it mucho.

This is Wolfe Well Road. Pull in here and there are plenty of good places to camp. This puts you pretty close to the main attractions. Wolfe Well rd will be on your right hand side after the other roads desertgirls was talking about. Just follow the power poles in. if you hit Split Mountain Rd (a paved rd on your left) you went to far

BdayCamp2-1.jpg

mrs. bordsmnj

StokerWhore's Ol' Lady
Reaction score

I hope those help. Most of the trails have street signs. If you can grab a map from the Blu In or desert rose, it'll help when you're out riding.

LOL Kathy? have you been sniffing the White-Out bottle again? All the turns you speak of are right turns not left. :D

Desertgirl

Reaction score
So sorry, I am a little bit retarded today. :fsakes At least I'm cute.

Right on the 78, all camping and turns are to the right. :rolleyes: