WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Off road routes

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
What’s a route people would like to see? From where to where all offroad?

I need ideas lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Got a snorkel on your ride?
I do!

5be48299-rzr-pro-.jpg

BigMike

Reaction score
Don’t know if it’s been done or not, but Havasu to Oatman without going on closed, restricted, etc type land would be cool

Reactions: DWC

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
Don’t know if it’s been done or not, but Havasu to Oatman without going on closed, restricted, etc type land would be cool
119 mile roundtrip from havasu. Only pavement is just getting up to the airport

2Driver

Reaction score
Havasu to Wikieup is always fun you can go out and back different routes and see different stuff. Lunch and fuel in Wiki.

We liked it as it has a lot of different terrain depending on the routes some 4x4 some big washes and some high speed graded roads Joshua trees some elevation. etc.

c_land

Reaction score
Give me dirt from Havasu to Lake Pleasant. I haven’t had time to take a look at that. I like all dirt and legal as possible so no wilderness areas.

dspracing

Reaction score
Are you anticipating life without a sxs? Learning to live the off-road life by computer until your speed car comes in? Or are you building at ultra 4 to cut new trails?

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
I’ve been eyeing that too
Looking like Kingman to Williams is the tough part, lots of private property. At this point we are pivoting and going to start at Prescott. I have a trail from Quartzite to Prescott as well but not the time to do it all LOL

lantz

Reaction score
Glamis to Big River is a fun, sorta, ride, but there are a couple of sections that really could have used some cleaning up when we used to do it, and we haven't done it in years, so I imagine those spots are worse. I also imagine the new construction around Desert Ctr. might have closed off a few routes to Palen pass. The section from Desert Ctr. to Palen pass just sucked, and then from Rice /Rice rd. to 95 or Vidal was horrible.

lantz

Reaction score
I’ve always wanted to get dropped off on rice road and the 10 and ride out to Parker.
On a motorcycle it would be easy, but the tough part is getting from Desert Ctr. to Palen Pass. Joshua Tree comes right out to 177 on the west side of the road. There is an unmaintained road on east side of Palen Dry Lake , but it was old and poorly marked 10 years ago. You can follow the 177 on the east side to Palen pass, but again its cross country. If you can get to Palen Pass road, you can get to Midland which will take you to Rice or Blythe. There is a power line road that comes off of Midland and heads north east towards 95, but it is the most miserable road ever. From the town of Rice you have to pick a path east. There was a planned development east of Rice, and some of those roads are still there, and if you're lucky, you can use them to get to FAA transponder just before the rail crossing between Rice and Vidal, and then once you get to the rail line, there's a well used dirt road to 95. You can cross 95 and get to Big River easily (but you'll be on some paved roads), or cross 95, head north and get back to the canal road and pop out around Bluewater Lane on Parker Dam Road. After crossing 95 just below Vidal, you can also go all the way north towards Havasu Landing and take the road east to Parker Dam. There are some places where driving a non-street legal vehicle is illegal doing this, but we always figured, if we weren't causing problems or messing things up, wed be fine. We did get stopped once by a Park Ranger out towards Eagle Mountain Road once, and he just wanted to make sure that we knew where Joshua Tree was, and that we weren't riding through the park. We asked him for directions, but he didn't know either.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
On a motorcycle it would be easy, but the tough part is getting from Desert Ctr. to Palen Pass. Joshua Tree comes right out to 177 on the west side of the road. There is an unmaintained road on east side of Palen Dry Lake , but it was old and poorly marked 10 years ago. You can follow the 177 on the east side to Palen pass, but again its cross country. If you can get to Palen Pass road, you can get to Midland which will take you to Rice or Blythe. There is a power line road that comes off of Midland and heads north east towards 95, but it is the most miserable road ever. From the town of Rice you have to pick a path east. There was a planned development east of Rice, and some of those roads are still there, and if you're lucky, you can use them to get to FAA transponder just before the rail crossing between Rice and Vidal, and then once you get to the rail line, there's a well used dirt road to 95. You can cross 95 and get to Big River easily (but you'll be on some paved roads), or cross 95, head north and get back to the canal road and pop out around Bluewater Lane on Parker Dam Road. After crossing 95 just below Vidal, you can also go all the way north towards Havasu Landing and take the road east to Parker Dam. There are some places where driving a non-street legal vehicle is illegal doing this, but we always figured, if we weren't causing problems or messing things up, wed be fine. We did get stopped once by a Park Ranger out towards Eagle Mountain Road once, and he just wanted to make sure that we knew where Joshua Tree was, and that we weren't riding through the park. We asked him for directions, but he didn't know either.
can you point out on a map some of this. doesnt have to be in big detail

c_land

Reaction score
Glamis to Big River is a fun, sorta, ride, but there are a couple of sections that really could have used some cleaning up when we used to do it, and we haven't done it in years, so I imagine those spots are worse. I also imagine the new construction around Desert Ctr. might have closed off a few routes to Palen pass. The section from Desert Ctr. to Palen pass just sucked, and then from Rice /Rice rd. to 95 or Vidal was horrible.
What was bad about desert center to palen pass? Cross washes?

We did Cadiz dunes to big river last year on a truck trip. There’s some cool stuff out there between desert center and rice dunes.

DLC

Reaction score
We don’t off road Tesla’s !!

we need fuel about every 120 miles at most! Or carry extra fuel

when doing the AZPT I have to carry 4 extra gallons just for the last day! That will get me up to 160 +/- miles depending on the go peddle pressure!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
We don’t off road Tesla’s !!

we need fuel about every 120 miles at most! Or carry extra fuel

when doing the AZPT I have to carry 4 extra gallons just for the last day! That will get me up to 160 +/- miles depending on the go peddle pressure!
Have you seen western Nevada. It’s pretty empty out there

DLC

Reaction score
Yes we raced it a few times 2 years in HYDRA !

a lot of small towns along the way! Goldfield is a great little town

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I just want better route to the local havasu stuff. I have not been to the cabin yet.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
What do you mean “better”
HOw about any I have not been to any of these place because I don't really know how to get to them and I am in a jeep so I don't go fast enough for the SxS crowd.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Make me one to Catalina and back.

A man was walking along the beach and found a bottle. He opened it up and a genie poped out!

The genie was SO happy to be let out he told the man he could have any wish he wanted. The man thought and said...

I'm afraid of flying, and I can't swim so I'm afraid of boats, so could you please build me a bridge to Hawaii? I've never been and would love to see it!

The genie says...

Jezuz dude, do you have any idea how much effort would be involved it that? It's a long way away, and the ocean is deep! Is there something else you might possibly want??

The man thinks and says...

I've never been able to understand women. Could you give me the ability to do that?

The genie says..........................................

How many lanes did you want that bridge?

lantz

Reaction score
At this point I'd just be searching google maps which are pretty detailed, but I have nothing left from what we printed when we went or what maps we used then. Find Palen Pass road and work back to Desert Ctr. There was nothing easy about that part.

can you point out on a map some of this. doesnt have to be in big detail

lantz

Reaction score

We did Cadiz dunes to big river last year on a truck trip. There’s some cool stuff out there between desert center and rice dunes.

Yes, it was the cross washes. A lot of them. Following 177 to Palen Pass was miserable in buggy, and the riding the quad wasn't much better. There is a little bit of a road that you can make out about 50' east of 177, but every wash has ruined it, and the desert has all but reclaimed most of what was once a graded road through there. We made the mistake of taking buggy, quad and chase truck across the dry lake one year only to find a lot of it was mostly dunes, and they weren't conducive to carrying any speed in truck, and we were lucky to get truck out of there. A good rider on a Bike could make the trip easily, but it would be a hare scramble.

DLC

Reaction score
We’re not Leaving,…. Until we’re heaving !

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Give me dirt from Havasu to Lake Pleasant. I haven’t had time to take a look at that. I like all dirt and legal as possible so no wilderness areas.
I'd like to make that route sometime. I live riding distance from lake pleasant. I'm thinking 74 to Morris Town, cross box canyon to Stanton, then to congress, lake Alamo, standard wash, 95 havasu

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
One day you boys need to meet in Fort Mohave, and we’ll go to Havasu Landing for some chemawavi tacos. 175-190 mile round trip but it’s a good run.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
HOw about any I have not been to any of these place because I don't really know how to get to them and I am in a jeep so I don't go fast enough for the SxS crowd.
Same here. Wife and I got the Jeep last year and have not been anywhere as we don't know where to go or how to get there. We're also slow but steady. Maybe we can go out together and see if we can get lost.

Reactions: mjc

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Same here. Wife and I got the Jeep last year and have not been anywhere as we don't know where to go or how to get there. We're also slow but steady. Maybe we can go out together and see if we can get lost.
I am up for that.