c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Look what showed up today...

IMG_6105.jpg

[emoji12][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69hondo

Reaction score
all my dirt toys are back in project stage. not really a major focus in life to go out this season. sandcar is getting major overhaul and remodel, lots of fabwork, new twinturbo LS build for it, interior, paint etc. got a 88 trx250r im slowly accumulating parts for for a full custom build. maybe desert/glamis season 2022 for me. sold my toyhauler last year, and working on a plan for a much smaller scaled down simpler program for camping and getting my shit to the desert.

What chassis is the sand car?

69hondo

Reaction score
bulkhead, yes quickchange... well that may be another story since i broke it with my old SBC 406 on e85. i did upgrade the side covers to billet from cast, i will probably look into a setup for cooling it as well as i suspect heat may have played a part in the ring gear failure. i also upgraded the powerglide to aftermarket case and beefier internals to handle 2k hp.

Thats awesome. Are you going to add to the build on GD.com?

69hondo

Reaction score
yup, all that stuff is gone from that site. was a mod there till that happened. og thread had been viewed like 64k times, and i think around 24k posts in it.. most popular one in sandrail tech.
Yeah I enjoyed it. You came up with some pretty neat stuff for your build.

Reactions: TPC

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Funco is fully serviced and some upgrades added, better to do it in the middle of summer before the rush.
Wife will be retired for this dune season so she’s going to spend a few months out there and I’ll commute as needed.

FB9F0F25-2BC3-460B-A452-683B9E834CCF.jpeg
B940F468-1294-4DA8-AFB4-73F999AD98E8.jpeg

PlanB

Reaction score
I had an appointment at Shock Therapy for the Can Am in early October for shock re-valving, springs, sway bars and their race rack. I pushed everything to early December because the COVID shot fucked me up. Hopefully I can make the December appointment, but it looks like we will be using the Jeep in the meantime.

Reactions: DLC

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Do tell, Mr Secrets... what do these bolt to???

No secrets, been searching for a new ranger crew. Bit the bullet and ordered one, by the time it gets here I won’t be pushing the ac unit under warranty tho [emoji23]

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
No secrets, been searching for a new ranger crew. Bit the bullet and ordered one, by the time it gets here I won’t be pushing the ac unit under warranty tho [emoji23]

Got the Northstar huh?

Man if they made a Turbo Ranger or Turbo General Northstar, I think it would sell pretty well.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score

Well,, hurry up and get it! I want to see if it will launch the Stoker and put it back in storage before I get one. LOL.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Well,, hurry up and get it! I want to see if it will launch the Stoker and put it back in storage before I get one. LOL.

Ordered in June, was hoping for an August/September delivery date. Seems more like October or even November now.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Ordered in June, was hoping for an August/September delivery date. Seems more like October or even November now.

Just normal "because of Covid" delays, or were the Generals affected by the fire in Mexico?

Lots of neighbors moving to the Can Am defender, I like the General better.

intense

Reaction score
Yes, the 401. I went with 15”. Putting 32” BFG KM3’s on em. [emoji3]

Are you woried about the power loss going to 32 inch tires?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Just normal "because of Covid" delays, or were the Generals affected by the fire in Mexico?

Lots of neighbors moving to the Can Am defender, I like the General better.

I decided to go with the Ranger Crew XP1000, Northstar Ultimate instead. Definitely not the same sporty features as the General but hoping it will be more functional for everything we want to use it for. The titanium seen below was a new color I got to select for the ‘22 model I ordered.

IMG_5985.jpg

Adding Rigid light bar on roof, front bumper and rigid chase bar in the back. Some rock lights and maybe some D2’s.

I think I will be adding a new Rugged intercom and radio combo too. Tint the windows. And add a raised spare tire rack in bed so bed will still be fully functional.

HCR kit to replace stock suspension and give room for the 15” Methods and 32” BFG’s.

The biggest thing with the Northstar is the AC, heater and defroster. Also very notable, I wanted doors and I have not been too happy with the aftermarket options I had found. Seemed better to just do the Northstar that comes with full doors.

I bit the bullet even more by upgrading to the “Northstar Ultimate” that has LED headlights, power windows, Ride Command, winch, stereo and speakers along with a handful of other little things.

It also has a towing capacity of 2500lbs. Can’t do that with the General.

I have liked the Can am Defender, but even before the factory fire I couldn’t get close to finding one.

Stay tooned, “two weeks”. [emoji23]
Don't forget, happy wife, happy life!

Last edited:

intense

Reaction score
I decided to go with the Ranger Crew XP1000, Northstar Ultimate instead. Definitely not the same sporty features as the General but hoping it will be more functional for everything we want to use it for. The titanium seen below was a new color I got to select for the ‘22 model I ordered.

View attachment 1039315

Adding Rigid light bar on roof, front bumper and rigid chase bar in the back. Some rock lights and maybe some D2’s.

I think I will be adding a new Rugged intercom and radio combo too. Tint the windows. And add a raised spare tire rack in bed so bed will still be fully functional.

HCR kit to replace stock suspension and give room for the 15” Methods and 32” BFG’s.

The biggest thing with the Northstar is the AC, heater and defroster. Also very notable, I wanted doors and I have not been too happy with the aftermarket options I had found. Seemed better to just do the Northstar that comes with full doors.

I bit the bullet even more by upgrading to the “Northstar Ultimate” that has LED headlights, power windows, Ride Command, winch, stereo and speakers along with a handful of other little things.

It also has a towing capacity of 2500lbs. Can’t do that with the General.

I have liked the Can am Defender, but even before the factory fire I couldn’t get close to finding one.

Stay tooned, “two weeks”. [emoji23]
Don't forget, happy wife, happy life!

Do you have more info on the HCR kit?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Do you have more info on the HCR kit?

Info below from their website, describes “for the 2021”. Mine should be same for ‘22 model.

IMG_6133.jpg

This is HCR’s +2” Forward High Clearance Front A Arm Kit and High Clearance Rear A Arms Both with built in lift.

From hcrracing.com

HCR is proud to introduce the all new 2021 Polaris Ranger front forward high clearance a-arms and high clearance rear arms both with built in lift. The front arms are pushed forward 2.5" to clear up to a 32" tire. To add to this we built the front and rear control arms to have up to an additional 2" lift. The lift is built into the arms to make the installation process a breeze no additional bracketry needed. These arms are designed to get that much needed clearance for tires, and give you the peace of mind to tackle all types of terrain. The control arms are built out of our proprietary material that is 30% stronger than 4130 chromoly. To complement the strength and lift the high clearance lower arms are sure to keep you from getting hung up on any pesky obstacle.

KK12

Reaction score
I really need to find a new motorhome since I sold mine 2 months ago lol

Sandcar: Need to have new tailpipes made after the turbos so it doesn't spit black condensation / soot mix all over the rear engine cage, fix a small coolant leak on the water pump intake fitting, change fluids, fix / recalibrate shift indicator and should be ready to go. Technically just needs fluids changed to be ready to go, but I'd like to get the other little issues taken care of.

LT80: needs to be rebuilt, I need to pull the motor and ship it to a guy back east that rebuilds these things into little rockets.

TRX250, trailer etc is all good to go. If I don't find a new motorhome, I might need to rent for a few trips or so.

Can you give me the contact into for the guy who’s doing the lt80 motor? My daughter’s is gonna need some work eventually and I don’t know anyone who will do some or the bigger jobs for it.
Thanks

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Looking for a older WW to replace my Momentum I just sold. In the mean time the RZR needs a full service and the three wheeler needs the carb gone through. Hoping for the first trip to Johnson Valley in mid October.
IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Are those SXS tires or standard truck tires? What do they weigh?

UTV series, not DOT approved. They have been highly recommended for my intent of use. I figured I could give em a try, why not, right? Sorry, I don't know weight. I might guess heavy compared to the Tensor Regulators I used to use on my previous RZR.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
You must be building a Speed UTV piece by piece!

I should have reminded my dealer today when checking in that I thought I ordered a Polaris, not a speed car. Dealer still leads me to think October or even November. I was hoping to have this thing put together for the UTV Championships coming to Havi in October. its a long 2 weeks. 🤣

KK12

Reaction score
I’ll shoot you a message next time we head out. Maybe we can meet up for a beer.

sounds good! You sold your trailer and were out of river lodge before we were ever able to out there haha 🍻

Bobby_329

Reaction score
Picked up this tom pro car with a zx14 motor a few months ago. Took it out for the first time last week at winchester bay. Fun to drive may need a turbo though lol. I think we are planning dumont for thanksgiving and probably christmas and new years too.

Attachments

• winchester bay.jpg
    winchester bay.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 59

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Picked up this tom pro car with a zx14 motor a few months ago. Took it out for the first time last week at winchester bay. Fun to drive may need a turbo though lol. I think we are planning dumont for thanksgiving and probably christmas and new years too.

Those are badass…you gotta rev the piss out of those bike motors. They make no torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cakemoto

Reaction score
Looking for a older WW to replace my Momentum I just sold. In the mean time the RZR needs a full service and the three wheeler needs the carb gone through. Hoping for the first trip to Johnson Valley in mid October. View attachment 1039942

View attachment 1039943
How cheap of a ww? I got a buddy that has one that has 900,000 miles on it.it’s used but works. He is original owner.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Need to get my buggy back together, hopefully use it more this year. Have two big trips planned but we will see what else we can’t get into this year.

69hondo

Reaction score
Need to get my buggy back together, hopefully use it more this year. Have two big trips planned but we will see what else we can’t get into this year.

What are you doing to it?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
What are you doing to it?
New wheels and tires done today, trans is out currently for a full refresh and once over, engine as well went for a quick once over as it was out. If nothing needs replaced except bearings and seals trans will be back in next week. River season ended for us on Tuesday when the wife broke her foot so....
50511350-FA10-4B3D-90F6-BEBC193797C4.jpeg

ED602724-D989-41E7-9F8C-259453C35094.jpeg

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Be interested if the sidewalls are better than average on the GR's.
A simple twig takes out the Big Horns and Carnivores.

Those are supposed to be bad ass. I’ve had great luck with Maxxis Liberty. So many choices these days.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Be interested if the sidewalls are better than average on the GR's.
A simple twig takes out the Big Horns and Carnivores.
Are those the Baja or the dot’s?
If they are Baja’s than they will have a great sidewall, the KDR2’s are what i just put on today after 10+ years on the old TA’s looking forward to seeing the traction difference.