WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Officer Chauvin exemplary Officer?

Sandlord

Reaction score
I hadn't heard this angle yet, Discuss? Opinions?

George Floyd died from a drug overdose not from the knee of Officer Derek Chauvin, who followed proper police procedure.

1. A clerk in the Cup Foods store called the police on George Floyd.

2. Mr. Floyd paid for goods with photocopies of $20 bills.

3. Mr. Floyd was acting erratic, inebriated, and obviously under the overwhelming influence of drugs.

4. The clerk called the police to report the counterfeit bills and to prevent Mr. Floyd from hurting himself or others due to his inebriated state.

5. Police also saw he was extremely drugged out. While standing up next to the squad car, it worsened. Mr. Floyd became confused and agitated, with ever more erratic behavior. He said he was having trouble breathing (while standing upright). He called out for his "Mama", an indication of a sense of impending doom, which often precedes death.

6. Mr. Floyd went into "excited delirium" a medical condition that precedes death.

7. In an "excited delirium", people can scream, run wildly into oncoming cars, thrash around, fall over, and so forth.

8. If the "excited delerium" state is recognized, police are trained to put the person in a "body wrap", where four or more officers grab around all parts of his body, pick him up, lay him on the ground, restrain him, until an ambulance arrives. This way he will not hurt himself or others.

9. Witnesses say they heard the police mention excited delirium before and after they took Mr. Floyd down with the body wrap procedure.

10. Police training videos (see links below) teach that *half* of the time they encounter a person with excited delirium, that person will die on the scene before getting to a hospital. So be prepared for that.

11. Videos show clearly that Officer Chaupin's knee was on the side of the neck and not the windpipe. Mr. Floyd's head was in an optimal position for good breathing through a clear airway (tilted up and to the side slightly). Officer Chaupin's knee did not obstruct Mr. Floyd's airway. There was no weight on Mr. Floyd's torso to prevent normal respiration. The restraint position was correct.

12. The surrounding crowd did not have a clue about what was transpiring before their eyes, and so jumped to the wrong conclusions.

13. The initial autopsy report said there were no sign of suffocation or asphyxiation. Police coverup? Nope. the many videos prove no blockage of airway so this autopsy report would is expected.

"Officer Chauvin performed exemplary under difficult circumstances, protecting Mr. Floyd and others from possible harm, and will eventually be exonerated."

Source:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8368215/George-Floyd-911-call-Store-clerk-claims-awfully-drunk-not-control-himself.html
https://abcnews.go.com/US/derek-chauvin-knee-george-floyds-neck-minutes-complaint/story?id=70961042
https://www.healthline.com/health/feeling-of-impending-doom#when-it-happens

Fort Worth Fire Department Training
Sudden death can happen to a person experiencing excited delirium.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEF7yrMXoJI

Live Copwatch | Excited Delirium | Body Wrap Applied
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNrF1piJg4c

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Regardless, I don’t think the cop should have sat there with his hands in his pockets and knee on the guys neck for that long. At worst he contributed to killing him or killed him, and the unlikely best case is very bad optics and the knee to the neck for minutes had nothing to do with his death.

If that is what killed him or not, I guess we will find out in court, and if the cop is acquitted, expect more rioting.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I doubt many of us would feel great after having three grown men on top of you while you were handcuffed for 10 minutes.

This is undoubtedly the media/PR spin on it, I think the video says it all IMO.

There was no reason I can see not to get him up and put him in the car after he was subdued.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Regardless, I don’t think the cop should have sat there with his hands in his pockets and knee on the guys neck for that long. At worst he contributed to killing him or killed him, and the unlikely best case is very bad optics and the knee to the neck for minutes had nothing to do with his death.

If that is what killed him or not, I guess we will find out in court, and if the cop is acquitted, expect more rioting.

He did not have his hands in his pockets. He was wearing black gloves.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
You left out point 14, Blame Trump.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Get ready for Rodney King 2.0 after an acquittal
tenor-3.gif

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I'm no expert at majority of shit.... but I saw a video of the deceased before he was on the ground laying underneath someone's knee...

and he looked spent on something... drugs... he was definitely not all there at that moment...

still not a death sentence....IMO

RodnJen

Reaction score
If this is true it will all be made public at trial as part of the defense's case.

One thing is for sure, never take the narrative pushed in unison by the media at face value. Remain skeptical.

Same thing with anything posted on social media.

Berdes

Reaction score
Guy's - get a grip. These riot's have/had nothing to do, except as as an excuse, with the death of a drugged out criminal. JMHO.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
There was no reason I can see not to get him up and put him in the car after he was subdued.

You didn’t read above 👆🏻 They tried for ~5 minutes to get him in the car. When they couldn’t, and believed he was exhibiting signs of excited delirium, the proper procedure is to restrain him until EMS arrives.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
You didn’t read above 👆🏻 They tried for ~5 minutes to get him in the car. When they couldn’t, and believed he was exhibiting signs of excited delirium, the proper procedure is to restrain him until EMS arrives.

I'm sorry, Dailymail is not even close to a reliable source of information. I've watched the footage from several videos, I don't see him resisting in any of the ones I saw.

Even if he did resist, 4 on 1 I've never seen a 4 on 1 where they could not place the suspect in the vehicle. Shit they could have cuffed him to a lamp post.

Anything other than sitting on him for 10 minutes straight.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Dailymail is not even close to a reliable source of information. I've watched the footage from several videos, I don't see him resisting in any of the ones I saw.

Even if he did resist, 4 on 1 I've never seen a 4 on 1 where they could not place the suspect in the vehicle. Shit they could have cuffed him to a lamp post.

Anything other than sitting on him for 10 minutes straight.
Read the arrest warrant of Officer Chauvin, it has the exact time from the body cams.

Also Floyd was 6’7” and hobbies in bodybuilding, I can very easily see how it would take 4 people to try and control him

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Excited delirium has always been possibility. With that being said, you do not hold them chest down. It does not matter if his head was to the side or not, he should have been on his side. None of that matters at this point.