Official Key West Site And Photo Thread

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Current situation getting pizza and having beers

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This fucking guy Iā€™m sitting woth is talented AF..

Stereo installs.. heā€™s showing me a pocket umbrella deal he did for a customer for his sprinter van to match his rolls royce sand itā€™s legit.

I want to hook him up with Tyler and take it next levels šŸ˜³šŸ¤ŖšŸ¤Ŗ. Insane.

Epic auto Wurx on IG.. no retail only private builds and referrals. Awesome.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
image.jpg

Headless hula

Iā€™ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
@Headless hula did you run your boat down from your place in FL or trailer part way?
I trailered it to cudjoe key. Itā€™s around 8 hours from my place. Cudjoe is 22.5 miles from KW. Close enough to the action, but far enough away from the bullshit that goes with it. šŸ˜‰

Tank

Reaction score
Well. Another great trip. Wife wasnā€™t feeling too hot all weekend but we still managed to have some fun, see some great friends, have some awesome food, and party ā€œa littleā€.

Heading to the airport in an hour. Until next year!!

sonicss31

Reaction score
Thanks for visiting my ā€œhomelandā€ and supporting our businesses but remember there is plenty more to do than eat and drink down here. :rolleyes: Please come again and bring a boat or rent something to really enjoy the beauty of our coral reefs. I am so lucky to live here year round.:cool:
7E6961F6-41DB-4BBE-B6DC-320D2F62E4B8.jpeg

Headless hula

Iā€™ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
I posted this pic already, but is really the most epic part of my whole trip.
3C0101C4-48D6-4C22-84B4-6DE6D13A72A2.jpeg

The only land in that general direction might be the west end of Cuba or the YucatƔn.

Absolutely incredible experience to run my little tub out there. We were actually west of ā€œwoman keyā€ where the poker run sandbar dealio goes on. Sure thereā€™s land within sight the other direction, but when you look out across the open ocean šŸŒŠ n a 23ā€™ bƶte and thereā€™s no landā€¦.šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³

Straight up fuggin kewlā€¦

To be able to go and do that a s mostly @sonicss31 doing. His hospitality cannot go without mentioning. He lined up the house I stayed at, the tickets for the turn boat on Friday, and his guidance is invaluable.

Iā€™m so fortunate to have the coolest friends. šŸ˜‰

Next time Iā€™m bringing snorkeling gear. šŸ˜‚

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks for visiting my ā€œhomelandā€ and supporting our businesses but remember there is plenty more to do than eat and drink down here. :rolleyes: Please come again and bring a boat or rent something to really enjoy the beauty of our coral reefs. I am so lucky to live here year round.:cool: View attachment 1066722

I want to goto the tortugas next time we are here.

I absolutely love key west.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the great photos and write ups. The keys and KW in particular are amazing. Itā€™s a total Vibe, all of its own. An Absolute Bucket List destination.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So now as you can imagine Iā€™m a hot mess at this point. Few minutes later some chick comes up to me and says ā€œI love the print on your shirt and shorts and how it matchesā€

I tell her ā€œitā€™s concrete.ā€ She says itā€™s great how it all flows..

I tell her ā€œno I slipped and fell into wet concreteā€. I am laughing hysterically because she ainā€™t getting it.

She thought it was all a design because Iā€™m wearing a white and grey cammo hat..

Anyhow scene of the incident

View attachment 1066300
LOL, šŸ¤£
Can't believe you all fell for the story of some random girl chattin' up ol' RDšŸ¤£šŸ¤£

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Pretty cool to see the rescue there so fast.
Yup, that was quick... I watched it several times trying to see what exactly he got into there at the corner..... the cat owners can let us vee guys learn on this issue ... do these things hook and flip that easy? Assuming so I'm begining to understand how you have the accidents we on RDP hear about out on your river. That was some visual.....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What make is this?

Boat was called a ā€œplatinum 41ā€. Honestly it was a little different for me.. tiny cockpit with a huge lounge then a set of outboards.. looked like it was originally setup for a staggered setup? Had a kinda trough down the bow / inset deal
Was kinda cool looking but I didnā€™t understand it. Looked like a great way to collect rain water.. just a weird lookin boat.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Do you find it interesting how different and varied the experiences are by the folks that posted in this thread? I do.
It's like anything else. You have the folks that go to events like this for the party. You have the ones that go just because of the location. You have the people that like the rockets, and those that like the cruisers and the straight up baller factor.
It takes all kinds to have an event that big I would think.

Of what I saw in the pics, Sweetwater's tow rig and a matching 340X would be about perfect for my "Baller Combo"

Taboma

Reaction score
It's like anything else. You have the folks that go to events like this for the party. You have the ones that go just because of the location. You have the people that like the rockets, and those that like the cruisers and the straight up baller factor.
It takes all kinds to have an event that big I would think.

Of what I saw in the pics, Sweetwater's tow rig and a matching 340X would be about perfect for my "Baller Combo"

Some are like, "Race, what Race, there was a race ?" šŸ˜‚

Duramax

Reaction score
Yup, that was quick... I watched it several times trying to see what exactly he got into there at the corner..... the cat owners can let us vee guys learn on this issue ... do these things hook and flip that easy? Assuming so I'm begining to understand how you have the accidents we on RDP hear about out on your river. That was some visual.....
You can see they were coming in 4 wide. They were the last boat to shut down on the inside and still make the buoy, the problem was Jackhammer was already ahead of them and making the turn so they had to turn in even harder, at maybe 90-100? You can see them start to slide a little and then they caught the wake of Jackhammer and it made them high side.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
You can see they were coming in 4 wide. They were the last boat to shut down on the inside and still make the buoy, the problem was Jackhammer was already ahead of them and making the turn so they had to turn in even harder, at maybe 90-100? You can see them start to slide a little and then they caught the wake of Jackhammer and it made them high side.
Great assessment.

J-Bonz

Reaction score
Boat was called a ā€œplatinum 41ā€. Honestly it was a little different for me.. tiny cockpit with a huge lounge then a set of outboards.. looked like it was originally setup for a staggered setup? Had a kinda trough down the bow / inset deal
Was kinda cool looking but I didnā€™t understand it. Looked like a great way to collect rain water.. just a weird lookin boat.
Your right Dave, that was originally a staggered stern drive boat. Back when it was made platinum also had the tencara cat molds. They were similar to the Miss geico boat. Platinums were laid up by Jim Dyke of vermillion Ohio. He used to race spirit of Norway and Brooks offshore cats back in the mid 90s