WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Official Key West Site And Photo Thread

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Is it just me or does that motorhome across the street in the pic above remind you of Campbell Carl?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're towing cross country with the cover on? If so, I'm curious if you've had any problems with the cover snaps popping and the cover trying to fly?
No problem. I have a bow cover also but don't tow with that on.
Lots of people have different thoughts about towing with or without cover. I've never had a problem. but you need a high quality cover.
and it doesn't snap on it has those twisty type things

RichL

Reaction score
No problem. I have a bow cover also but don't tow with that on.
Lots of people have different thoughts about towing with or without cover. I've never had a problem. but you need a high quality cover.
and it doesn't snap on it has those twisty type things
Thanks. I never had a problem with the cover on my 21'. When I brought the Formula up from Texas I was warned not to tow with the cover. Long story there. Cover quality is decent and was made for the boat but I'm always stopping and re-snapping loose ones.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Thanks. I never had a problem with the cover on my 21'. When I brought the Formula up from Texas I was warned not to tow with the cover. Long story there. Cover quality is decent and was made for the boat but I'm always stopping and re-snapping loose ones.
Now my formula had snaps and i only towed with cover on it once, same thing it kept coming loose

RichL

Reaction score
Now my formula had snaps and i only towed with cover on it once, same thing it kept coming loose
Hmmm. I'd hate to have a new cover made but I might research the twist style retainers.

Warlock1

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to get a house DIRT CHEAP 22 miles away for 500 bucks….. for the week. This won’t happen for anyone.
I spent about 700 in fuel between my truck and boat, and went to the grocery store for food. Ate out 2x the whole week. Bought 1 case of beer…..

My whole trip was about 1500 all in. 🤓

Had the time of my life, and remember EVERY MOMENT OF IT TOO.

(Didn’t fall into any wet concrete, buy shots for the entire bar, didn’t have a fancy pants dinner with 15 of my closest “friends”🙄………)
Sonya and I need to come and hang out with you net year as this is more in our budget...lol

Warlock1

Reaction score
When Sonya and I lived in Florida for a brief time we hit Key West 4 or 5 times. It was different each time we went as we hit it at different times of the year. One thing that remained constant was the pace of life. Regardless of the life you lead (other than being retired) you will need to slow your roll. No one moves quick down there. People are there for a reason and that is to take life slower and enjoy what the islands have to offer. For busy people with hectic jobs it is a refreshing break. We often compared in to Havasu in the sense that we could slow down and relax from our hectic work lives.

We were fortunate to hit the races one year and hang out with RDP, AJ, and other people we know very well. Met Tank for the first time (super cool guy) and others that I can't remember due to the drinks that were bought and me being a light weight. Being that I worked at Nor-Tech at the time we were fortunate to go on some demo rides with customers which was amazing. I swear that water down there is different than any other place.

After reading this thread we are already making plans for heading back down for next years event as well as hitting Fantasy Fest (bucket list item). Hope to hook up with old friends again and make more connections because lets face it some of the best people you'll ever meet are boaters that share the same passion.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Hmmm. I'd hate to have a new cover made but I might research the twist style retainers.
When I had Checkmate do my interior, I also had them make a custom cover. On the 10-hour tow home, 8 hours in the cover started coming unsnapped by the windshield. I resnapped it and put shrink wrap tape on the leading edge to get home.

Then I sent the cover back and they installed directional snaps that only snap and unsnap one way just on the leading edge of the cover by the windshield. They sent me the matching male pieces for the boat, and have never had an issue since, and I tow everywhere.

RichL

Reaction score
When I had Checkmate do my interior, I also had them make a custom cover. On the 10-hour tow home, 8 hours in the cover started coming unsnapped by the windshield. I resnapped it and put shrink wrap tape on the leading edge to get home.

Then I sent the cover back and they installed directional snaps that only snap and unsnap one way just on the leading edge of the cover by the windshield. They sent me the matching male pieces for the boat, and have never had an issue since, and I tow everywhere.
I'd heard about the type Dan referenced but never heard of a directional snap. Something else to look into. Thanks.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
I'd heard about the type Dan referenced but never heard of a directional snap. Something else to look into. Thanks.
They have a dot on them on the side that needs to be snapped first, so they’re extremely directional.

MTI and Outerlimits use them too

Tank

Reaction score
Videos starting to roll in on YouTube.

Gotta turn the volume down on the dude that posted it but the new 50’ skater Kong Is bad ass. Ives has owned some bad ass rides.

Some more good footage from Gilbert’s on the way down

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I like
Videos starting to roll in on YouTube.

Gotta turn the volume down on the dude that posted it but the new 50’ skater Kong Is bad ass. Ives has owned some bad ass rides.

Some more good footage from Gilbert’s on the way down

I like this video guy.... like you said he gets a little excited but good job and questions.... this owners neck has had some fusion work looks like to me.... mines like that after a day on water.

Tank

Reaction score
I like

I like this video guy.... like you said he gets a little excited but good job and questions.... this owners neck has had some fusion work looks like to me.... mines like that after a day on water.

I find him super annoying. He needs to calm the fuck down.

Pretty sure ol ives has had some neck surgery. Stuffed his Apache’s and killed the passenger back in the late 80’s. Caught an edge, spun and stuffed his Doug Wright a couple years ago. Dudes got two speeds when boating - full go and full stop. 😂

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Pretty sure ol ives has had some neck surgery. Stuffed his Apache’s and killed the passenger back in the late 80’s. Caught an edge, spun and stuffed his Doug Wright a couple years ago. Dudes got two speeds when boating - full go and full stop. 😂
whoopsy, yep that figures.... I got a buddy who's dad pulled him over a sandbar skiing and he had to get his neck fused. He starts dragging the left leg after a long day on the water now.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The guy is annoying.. but ya gotta hand it to him 185,000 subscribers.. Jesus

sonicss31

Reaction score
Thanks for visiting my “homeland” and supporting our businesses but remember there is plenty more to do than eat and drink down here. :rolleyes: Please come again and bring a boat or rent something to really enjoy the beauty of our coral reefs. I am so lucky to live here year round.:cool: View attachment 1066722
Took the kids to Looe Key today. Here is some pics of what you guys are missing. :cool:
773BB8FB-B403-4821-965B-B56476C72D07.jpeg
83E689AF-8C3A-487A-844C-0EB04FE9F2C6.jpeg
4592D698-4763-4E8E-A444-85505F532C7C.jpeg
4A3644E6-FC7D-41E8-9A1A-D28BA4C076D8.jpeg
AF18D41C-A66D-4370-BEA3-9D4D783FFB96.jpeg
638F88DC-0A6C-4EF9-96B6-79FE348375B1.jpeg

Attachments

• 789E7CDD-11D5-4F8D-BB20-7DE6A7FBCAE2.jpeg
    789E7CDD-11D5-4F8D-BB20-7DE6A7FBCAE2.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 27

Taboma

Reaction score
Damn, I hope none of you who dragged their boats from Havasu to the Keys for this event, brought any of these bastards back home with you. :oops:
Florida Keys Python.JPG

sonicss31

Reaction score
That is AMAZING
We started in 20’ of water, that is the pic of the Goliath Grouper. The rest are in 6’ of water which is much easier for the age group of your kids. The shark is a common reef shark. :) The conch was alive and put back in water after photo op. Illegal to keep them in the USA waters. Anything sold in souvenir shops are from foreign waters.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
No need to.. we had a “nautical engineer” present, Bob and Amy and I brought michael..

Ya know what I did grab though? My credit card at the fuel dock.. as many lunch tabs as Dan would let me, and all the drinks I could while we were out.. 🤪🤪☝️

RD
Yeah that fuel dock bill had to be brutal
Thanks again
Had one of the best trips ever with you guys
Michael
Dave
Brook
Amy
Bob
Such a good time
I think I mentioned before it was a trip that we all got to just have fun and not worry about the real world

RaceTec

Reaction score
Would love to see a video of those pictures, looks awesome!!!

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I’ve always kinda wanted to rent a room there for a week and run all over the keys. The rooms right on the dock at Gilbert’s are cool.
yeah that sounds fun, florida boat show poker run in February Tank ????

Riverryder

Reaction score
@H20 Toie im happy for you man I don’t know you but I saw the prize possession you sold for this thing so it’s awesome to see you enjoying it! I would frame something like that!

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Oh its going to be framed, thats for sure, with all the pics i have had of my other Cigarettes i have never had that cool of a shot, always liked the cover shot from Sportboat with my 38 but might have to change my avatar now, )

Yeah Tank i think its your turn to haul the boat out, or we wait until next year and do all the east coast events

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Oh its going to be framed, thats for sure, with all the pics i have had of my other Cigarettes i have never had that cool of a shot, always liked the cover shot from Sportboat with my 38 but might have to change my avatar now, )

Yeah Tank i think its your turn to haul the boat out, or we wait until next year and do all the east coast events
And ...... Checkmate lol

Tank

Reaction score

Well, we’re taking ours or Taylor and AJ’s to LOTO it appears. Try to talk my buddy mike into towing out with his gun too @LOCAL805 do it!!! 🤪😁