WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Offshore BFT

500bbc

Reaction score
Another successful five day offshore tuna trip in honor of our veterans.

FroggyBFT.jpg
FroggyBFT2.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
Another successful five day offshore tuna trip in honor of our veterans.

View attachment 920510 View attachment 920511

My son fished a six pack 50' Pacifica 'Prime Time' last Wed. Half a dozen to 40 lb, then moved closer to the backside of Clemente and picked up 2 - 200 lb class off the kite. Got pretty snotty by late afternoon.
They ran out of flying fish bait, found a dive boat who had some extra, guy swam over and sold them a few more.
Seems the dive boat was dropping free-divers a head of the boil, then they were spearing them. Spearing a 200 lb Blue Fin must be a real thrilling experience. :oops:

500bbc

Reaction score
Out of San Diego on the Islander, my charter.
It is completely insane out there right now, massive shoals of BFT everywhere, SE of SCI.
Skipper got on the PA at one point and said he just drove over a 2 mile long school. We'd stop, plunker bite until they sank out and move to the next school, didn't drive more than 30 minutes between stops. They were biting 25 and 30#, great sardines, no iron fish but two popper fish that chewed off immediately. One spot of foamers we stopped on surrounded the boat, at least an acre in size with no biters though. Only small fish we had was a tail wrapped 10# BFT, the rest 30# to 70#. Bite was off on the jumbos so we stayed with the schoolies.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
It is completely insane out there right now, massive shoals of BFT everywhere, SE of SCI.
Skipper got on the PA at one point and said he just drove over a 2 mile long school. We'd stop, plunker bite until they sank out and move to the next school, didn't drive more than 30 minutes between stops. They were biting 25 and 30#, great sardines, no iron fish but two popper fish that chewed off immediately. One spot of foamers we stopped on surrounded the boat, at least an acre in size with no biters though. Only small fish we had was a tail wrapped 10# BFT, the rest 30# to 70#. Bite was off on the jumbos so we stayed with the schoolies.

Can you try that again please...this time use Engrish please. :)

500bbc

Reaction score
Can you try that again please...this time use Engrish please. :)

500bbc said:
It is completely insane out there right now, massive shoals of BFT Blue Fin Tuna everywhere, SE South East of SCI San Clemente Island.
Skipper got on the PA Public Address at one point and said he just drove over a 2 mile long school. We'd stop, plunker bite Slow bite 1 to five fish hanging (hooked) at a time until they sank out dove deeper or moved on and move to the next school, didn't drive more than 30 minutes between stops. They were biting 25 and 30# Line Test, great sardines Good bait, no iron fish Jigs/Lures but two popper fish hooked on poppers out of a foamer that chewed off bit through the line, BIG FISH immediately. One spot of foamers Tuna up on the surface foaming the water AKA boiling we stopped on surrounded the boat, at least an acre in size with no biters none hooked see "poppers" though. Only small fish we had was a tail wrapped A fish hooked San Francisco Style, ask Grads 10# BFT, the rest 30# to 70#. Bite was off on the jumbos BIG FUCKING 200# Tuna so we stayed with the schoolies schools of school sized fish up to 100 #'s See Two mike long school.:p:D:D

What we pray for is the school to charge the boat, chew the paint off the hull, eat every single bait in the water and tangle every one of the 26 passengers on the boat into a giant macrame sculpture of spectra.o_O

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
500bbc said:
It is completely insane out there right now, massive shoals of BFT Blue Fin Tuna everywhere, SE South East of SCI San Clemente Island.
Skipper got on the PA Public Address at one point and said he just drove over a 2 mile long school. We'd stop, plunker bite Slow bite 1 to five fish hanging (hooked) at a time until they sank out dove deeper or moved on and move to the next school, didn't drive more than 30 minutes between stops. They were biting 25 and 30# Line Test, great sardines Good bait, no iron fish Jigs/Lures but two popper fish hooked on poppers out of a foamer that chewed off bit through the line, BIG FISH immediately. One spot of foamers Tuna up on the surface foaming the water AKA boiling we stopped on surrounded the boat, at least an acre in size with no biters none hooked see "poppers" though. Only small fish we had was a tail wrapped A fish hooked San Francisco Style, ask Grads 10# BFT, the rest 30# to 70#. Bite was off on the jumbos BIG FUCKING 200# Tuna so we stayed with the schoolies schools of school sized fish up to 100 #'s See Two mike long school.:p:D:D

Asshole.. :) :) :)

Taboma

Reaction score
That's a great.app. so is windy weather

The vessel trackers are a hoot. Not like years ago when a private boater had to follow the lights at night to track the fleet to the grounds.
Also fun, my neighbor buddy was on a cruise ship heading up the coast of South America. I was tracking him, he was on smaller slower cruise ship and I noticed he was getting passed by a much larger and faster Carnival Cruise ship --- well, this guy is a good ole boy who used to race a Mandella in the Parker 9 hour back in the day -- so I was screwing with him, egging him on, mash the peddle ya ole fart --- he emailed me the next day, they were having dinner when I emailed him, he looks out the window and sure as shit, they're being passed.

Thanks the tip on the Windy Weather, I wasn't familiar with that one, I like it 👍 👍