WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Oh boy...another employer mandate Cal Savers

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
So I registered this bullshit today. I am growing to really like the term "Mandate" and I'm thinking of ways I can use it to force others to do shit they don't want to do.

My first recommendation to any employee is to OPT OUT quickly and send in the form ahead of time. https://cdn.unite529.com/jcdn/files/CAEE/pdfs/en_US/optout.pdf.
You can also do it on line. I printed a bunch of forms and will leave them at the office. My guys are not going to use a computer to log into this BS.

Enrollment is 100% automatic and you have no choice @ 5% of gross pay. That's right, off it goes unless you opt out...your automatically in.

I was tempted to make my user name Employer_Abuse, pissoff_CA, or maybe Employeehunted but you shouldn't poke the CA Mafia in the eye or you could be targeted for God knows what.

73beast

Reaction score
CalSavers is California's new retirement savings program that will offer millions of workers in California the opportunity to get on track for the future.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So, who actually manages the money for those enrolled?
This is now mandatory for all employers in Ca?

RIVERDAZE

Reaction score
Granted it's a CA mandate! It is only mandated to companies that don't already offer a retirement plan. It's been around for 2 years but June starts for all business 25 employees and under. It also does not cost the company or require a fiduciary like 401K's etc. We just shut down our 401K program in December and thought we were going to have to implement it. The last 2 years killed us we're shutting the company down after 50 years.

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
I havent seen this come across my desk yet, But...I could only imagine you put in 5% then somewhere down the line someone that manages it is going to need to "Manage the account" (read get paid $$) and you'll end up with less then the 5% you put in. Dont we have Social Security (SSI) that was supposed to so that? And the have pillaged that to no end now. You'll be lucky to get 1% of your lifes earnings you've contributed to that "fund".

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I havent seen this come across my desk yet, But...I could only imagine you put in 5% then somewhere down the line someone that manages it is going to need to "Manage the account" (read get paid $$) and you'll end up with less then the 5% you put in. Dont we have Social Security (SSI) that was supposed to so that? And the have pillaged that to no end now. You'll be lucky to get 1% of your lifes earnings you've contributed to that "fund".
Social Security you need the card for. I think this helps out those hard working border brothers:rolleyes:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The issue is with the ones you speak about are more pay check to pay check. You think they are going to put $$$ away in this program?....
With it being automatic, and having to opt out, I'm sure they will get some on the hook afraid to ask questions.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
How does that works when the person is getting their wages garnished from a court ordered judgement? Is there a new formula?

4Waters

Reaction score
So I registered this bullshit today. I am growing to really like the term "Mandate" and I'm thinking of ways I can use it to force others to do shit they don't want to do.

My first recommendation to any employee is to OPT OUT quickly and send in the form ahead of time. https://cdn.unite529.com/jcdn/files/CAEE/pdfs/en_US/optout.pdf.
You can also do it on line. I printed a bunch of forms and will leave them at the office. My guys are not going to use a computer to log into this BS.

Enrollment is 100% automatic and you have no choice @ 5% of gross pay. That's right, off it goes unless you opt out...your automatically in.

I was tempted to make my user name Employer_Abuse, pissoff_CA, or maybe Employeehunted but you shouldn't poke the CA Mafia in the eye or you could be targeted for God knows what.
Poke them in the eye, they are poking you in the ass

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If this has been around a couple years, I posted an FYI post about it back then.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
"Delete this thread before Danger Dave sees it and uses it against us." - Bingerfang

• Haha
Reactions: DWC

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Here's the deal, as a general contractor most the personalities hired are check to check, week to week because thats the lifestyle they lead.

What I don't like is it will now hit them by me taking the funds from their check and sending it in. So the monkey is on my back and I am super tired of it.

If I don't comply what happens besides fines? I have between 8-10 employees at any given time and they are just going to be mad at me for making their check smaller. I'm the 1st line of the bad attitude unfortunately. I'll do my best to explain but again its the trickery behind the mandate I don't like. Automatically opted in.... :rolleyes:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can we post these things in the P&G? I know it’s not friendly in the dungeon but that’s where it goes

DMF

Reaction score
Just been going through a lot of effort to change the “tone” of this place and adding boating content..

Trying to tone down the negativity and f California shit
Thank you!

Icky

Reaction score
Just been going through a lot of effort to change the “tone” of this place and adding boating content..

What section do the call out threads go in 😁

wzuber

Reaction score

Lol.....you gots a lot of work ahead of U.....hahaha