WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Oh no you didn't!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Oh hell, career over for this "staffer"!!

I myself though it was a lucid, to the point, and respectfully given great bit of advice.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...a-daughters-to-show-a-little-class/ar-BBg8JmR

A Republican staffer on Friday apologized for a Facebook post that criticized Malia and Sasha Obama's appearance at the annual White House turkey pardon ceremony, one of America's silliest holiday traditions.

Elizabeth Lauten, the communications director for Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-Tenn.), wrote that the two teenagers should "try showing a little class," "dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar," and, most of all, "don't make faces" at Very Serious public events.

Read the full rant via Gawker:

Dear Sasha and Malia, I get you?re both in those awful teen years, but you?re a part of the First Family, try showing a little class. At least respect the part you play. Then again your mother and father don?t respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I?m guessing you?re coming up a little short in the ?good role model? department. Nevertheless, stretch yourself. Rise to the occasion. Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar. And certainly don?t make faces during televised public events.

The First Daughters join President Obama at the ceremony every year, where they can hardly contain their disdain for the lame dad jokes that predictably follow. Before approaching Mac and Cheese, the two turkeys, the president remarked that it was "puzzling that I do this every year." Malia even declined her father's offer to pet one of the pardoned turkeys with a nonchalant, "Nah."

Lauten later apologized for rushing to judgement on Facebook.

"I reacted to an article and quickly judged the two young ladies in a way that I would never have wanted to be judged myself as a teenager," she said. "After many hours of prayer, talking to my parents and re-reading my words online, I can see more clearly how hurtful my words were. Please know that these judgmental feelings truly have no pace in my heart. Furthermore, I'd like to apologize to all of those who I have hurt and offended with my words, and pledge to learn and grow (and I assure you I have) from this experience."

TBulger

Reaction score
It's was little a little hurtful, but some people believe anything that is planned, should show utmost respect for the office. This wasn't a oops moment, they knew they were going to be photographed and people were going to judge them on appearance and their comments. I'm not that stiff, that's for sure, but the people in and about that town sure are, what else do they have to do. :)

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It's was little a little hurtful, but some people believe anything that is planned, should show utmost respect for the office. This wasn't a oops moment, they knew they were going to be photographed and people were going to judge them on appearance and their comments. I'm not that stiff, that's for sure, but the people in and about that town sure are, what else do they have to do. :)

I can't imagine being them.

On the one hand I agree 100% with the author, on the other hand what have they been shown by their own mother??

There are literally hundreds of pics on the web of mooch scowling at different people at all sorts of WH and foreign functions...Like a spoiled fucking brat.
Hell, Chelsea Clinton carried herself with FAR more grace and dignity than these current occupants of our WH.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Did you see the video?? They both look pretty discussed at being there, but it is one of the dumbest ceremony in history.

JRS1939

Reaction score
The kids probably shouldn't have even been there and if they were they should have at least not had faces of boredom on their faces.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The kids probably shouldn't have even been there and if they were they should have at least not had faces of boredom on their faces.

I don't think presidential kids have much of a say in what they attend, that's why I think they should be given a pass. Plus, they didn't choose the life they have.

I'll leave my disappointment for the bozo in the Oval Office.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I don't think the kids should get critiqued. But since the topic has been breached, I will say this, they are acting no different than they see their parents act towards the traditions of the office and towards society itself. Kids pick up what they see the parents doing on a daily basis......We are just witnessing the "First Family of Entitlement":rolleyes

RodnJen

Reaction score
Classless, pathetic and inappropriate, the author not the kids. At least after many hours of prayer she found her way.:rolleyes

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Classless, pathetic and inappropriate, the author not the kids. At least after many hours of prayer she found her way.:rolleyes

Lol. I'd say both.

But as Tex said, kids follow the lead they are shown.

L18ZrTw.gif

I bet that prayer session had a good deal of "Please God save my career" passages in it.:yikes:yikes

The wrath of your emperor knows no bounds, as she will likely find out this week.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ig-at-obama-teens-creates-backlash/ar-BBg8Q2G

Personally, I think they are good looking girls, and I like when young adults question the BS they are subjected to in some ways.
I know when I have been called to the school in years past over mine or Debs kids "behavior", more often then not I ended ripping the Vice Principles for attempting to impose their will on the kids.

The media, however, loves this shit and will absolutely destroy this woman for it.

RodnJen

Reaction score
In this case she hung herself with her own rope. I don't know that the established media will be as harsh as social media.

RodnJen

Reaction score
With that much makeup I'm sure she can get a gig with Fox News.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
With that much makeup I'm sure she can get a gig with Fox News.

Not a chance. They only hire 10's with brains...she is neither.

I realize that, historically, Libs lean misogynistic, but there is no reason to display it so openly Rod!:cool

Gelcoater

Reaction score
For the most part, I think the President's kids should be off-limits out of respect.

:thumbup:

Blast him,blast the First Lady if you will,those kids didn't choose that life and even if they did they did so at such a young age they knew not the consequences.
Do I think the skirts were maybe a little short?Yes.
Do I let my own daughters wear skirts that short?No.
Look at who they have as role models.
IMO,leave the kids alone.

500bbc

Reaction score
Not a chance. They only hire 10's with brains...she is neither.

I realize that, historically, Libs lean misogynistic, but there is no reason to display it so openly Rod!:cool

What do expect? He thinks Rachel Madow is hot...as hot as Hillary.:rolleyes

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
They weren't though, only an issue when there's a dim in office.

I know...but at some point the "it's ok because you did it to my guy when he was POTUS" excuse has got to stop.