WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Oh oh....the weather is about to get violent

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Just got this sent to me. I am in the orange area currently. Might be a wild ass ride here shortly. Right now it is very calm and humid.

69A3B0F5-24F9-4B30-A67E-29F8EECDA60A.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
YIKES!

Tornado Watch issued April 28 at 3:10PM CDT until April 28 at 11:00PM CDT by NWS Austin/San Antonio TX

Areas Affected: Bandera, TX; Blanco, TX; Dimmit, TX; Edwards, TX; Frio, TX; Gillespie, TX; Kendall, TX; Kerr, TX; Kinney, TX; Llano, TX; Maverick, TX; Medina, TX; Real, TX; Uvalde, TX; Val Verde, TX; Zavala, TX

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 120 INEFFECT UNTIL 11 PM CDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREASIN TEXAS THIS WATCH INCLUDES 16 COUNTIESIN SOUTH CENTRAL TEXASBANDERA BLANCO DIMMITEDWARDS FRIO GILLESPIEKENDALL KERR KINNEYLLANO MAVERICK MEDINAREAL UVALDE VAL VERDEZAVALATHIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF BANDERA, BLANCO, BOERNE,BRACKETTVILLE, CARRIZO SPRINGS, CRYSTAL CITY, DEL RIO,EAGLE PASS, FREDERICKSBURG, HONDO, KERRVILLE, LEAKEY, LLANO,PEARSALL, ROCKSPRINGS, AND UVALDE.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
It is earily calm. I remember this as a kid in OK. It was usually right before the shit would hit the fan

hope it bypasses somehow

When the sky turns green take shelter.. thats what it always was for us. Lived through 2 major hits..one destroyed half of our house as a kid. Wind died, sky turned green, it was eerily calm...then the shit hit the fan. If you've got something to cover your windshield do it..

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
When the sky turns green take shelter.. thats what it always was for us. Lived through 2 major hits..one destroyed half of our house as a kid. Wind died, sky turned green, it was eerily calm...then the shit hit the fan. If you've got something to cover your windshield do it..

a blanket?

plastic tarp?

thats really all i have

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
Blankets, rugs, tarp, towels combine all kinds of stuff to protect against hail on flat surfaces, and angled windshields, tape or rope it down if possible. Just soaking with water helps it stay put if that’s all you have. If it’s damaging the sides you got bigger problems.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Since all my stuff is exposed I called insurance to double check. Covered for any and all damage that may occur. So, I got that covered.

hoping this skirts by to the north. Odd seeing some blue sky peeking out and the winds have laid down pretty good.

maybe some good rain falls tonight and no damages occur.

stay safe to any that are in this path. I understand its fast moving but it will be heading NE from here.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
You're in a trailer right?

View attachment 996951

🤣🤣

yep. I can run to my sisters house if needed.

the sun was hot and coming thru about 15 min ago. That probably helps build up the energy.

gray clouds are now building so I think its coming.

no green sky yet ;)

roxy is starting to breathe heavy and is unsettled. She senses this storm coming.

oh well

4Waters

Reaction score
yep. I can run to my sisters house if needed.

the sun was hot and coming thru about 15 min ago. That probably helps build up the energy.

gray clouds are now building so I think its coming.

no green sky yet ;)

roxy is starting to breathe heavy and is unsettled. She senses this storm coming.

oh well
Well you are from Oklahoma so you know green is key, stay safe.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Are you in an RV park? Do they have tie downs to the concrete?

And if it starts hailing, wet blankets on any glass will help!

And make sure you have your "ruby slippers" handy!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
If you have tarps and ropes tie one over the windshield on your truck from the top to the front of the hood, leaving space between the tarp and windshield. Tie the tarp tight so it will act as a trampoline before the hail gets to the windshield

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
I spent a couple weeks in Dallas working. I never heard thunder like I heard then. Thought is was a fukn bomb going off.

I was just a California guy at that time. :oops: :oops:

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Calm before it.. I’m grilling then going to get everything stored and tied down! I’m guessing it’s 90 min from hitting here..

Attachments

• 64134437427__AF8E19D9-A764-422D-9E71-108A57200F7B.MOV
    486 KB

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Calm before it.. I’m grilling then going to get everything stored and tied down! I’m guessing it’s 90 min from hitting here..

yep. As ready as I can be. Was able to back the truck up tailgate down to cover the back of the bike. The other half of the bike is hopefully protected by the 5th wheel overhang.

cold beers waiting for me inside.

Hoping the hills split this in two and it misses us other than residual stuff.

thunder starting.

stay safe on your end Joel

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
East of here is narley....telling people to take immediate shelter.....baseball size hail and tornado warnings which is a step up from a tornado watch YIKES!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
My buddies live in Yukon, OK and usually just jump in their car and drive around the storm... any reason you aren't doing this? You're screwed in a trailer if that thing hits. I can't wait to see a few thunderstorms when I'm back in TX /OK next month.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Never been in one. I’ve heard of crazy air pressure changes just before they hit. Windows breaking etc. Hoping that 40mph speed of storm travel is correct.

4Waters

Reaction score
This thread is reminding me of the show "Storm Chasers" my wife and I loved that show, my daughter is infatuated with weather, she would have loved the show as well.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
My buddies live in Yukon, OK and usually just jump in their car and drive around the storm... any reason you aren't doing this? You're screwed in a trailer if that thing hits. I can't wait to see a few thunderstorms when I'm back in TX /OK next month.

It's a very big storm with two more lines forming...you aren't going to outrun it. We had a 10x10 concrete room with a steel door when I was in high school over this shit. it doubled as my parents closet. We got rocked by one when I was in elementary school...still remember riding that out with my sister and I in a bathtub, parents on top of us, and a mattress over them. Our house damaged...the next door house was gone.