WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Oh oh....the weather is about to get violent

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
It's a very big storm with two more lines forming...you aren't going to outrun it. We had a 10x10 concrete room with a steel door when I was in high school over this shit. it doubled as my parents closet. We got rocked by one when I was in elementary school...still remember riding that out with my sister and I in a bathtub, parents on top of us, and a mattress over them. Our house damaged...the next door house was gone.
If I'm looking at Hondo, wouldn't I just go South East? Everything to the East looks like it's north of that Hondo already.

Edit: Don't we have some members in New Braunfels? Looks like it's going to get hit hard.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
If I'm looking at Hondo, wouldn't I just go South East? Everything to the East looks like it's north of that Hondo already.

Edit: Don't we have some members in New Braunfels? Looks like it's going to get hit hard.

Me..I live in NB. lol. Im going to go stretch a couple more blankets on the windshields...its shifted and it looks like things are going to get unpleasant in the next hour.

Idk on hondo..but these things shift fast here

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
Me..I live in NB. lol. Im going to go stretch a couple more blankets on the windshields...its shifted and it looks like things are going to get unpleasant in the next hour.

Idk on hondo..but these things shift fast here
I'll be in NB in June

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
This thread is reminding me of the show "Storm Chasers" my wife and I loved that show, my daughter is infatuated with weather, she would have loved the show as well.

Love that movie!

The shit they do to get "dorothy" into the storm is awesome!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Don't park your 5th wheel in a trailer park! 😁 o_O 😁

tornadomagnet.jpg

2Driver

Reaction score
Good to hear you made it ok. Sounded sketchy for a bit there.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Looks to be a good one. Appears like it'll be coming at me very shortly as well. I've seen worse clusters out here. Crossing my finger for no hail or those spinny thingys

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Looks to be a good one. Appears like it'll be coming at me very shortly as well. I've seen worse clusters out here. Crossing my finger for no hail or those spinny thingys

So far so good but looking at the radar we got a lot more coming....I may have spoken to soon. Looks like ACE's area is getting a pretty good hit right now.

My sister just told me that she heard the tornado warning was cancelled but I show its active till 11P TX time.

Where are you?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
So far so good but looking at the radar we got a lot more coming....I may have spoken to soon. Looks like ACE's area is getting a pretty good hit right now.

My sister just told me that she heard the tornado warning was cancelled but I show its active till 11P TX time.

Where are you?

He's in the Austin/lakeway area. Problem is its growing. looks like it will go till around 3am in some capacity.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Special Weather Statement issued April 28 at 9:27PM CDT by NWS Austin/San Antonio TX

Areas Affected: Bandera; Kendall; Medina; Bexar

At 927 PM CDT, Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm nearQuihi, or 9 miles northwest of Castroville, moving northeast at 30mph.Nickel size hail and wind gusts up to 50 mph will be possible withthis storm.Locations impacted include...San Antonio, Boerne, Helotes, Fair Oaks Ranch, Shavano Park, CrossMountain, Cliff, Leon Springs, The Dominion, Quihi, Dunlay, Mico,Government Canyon State Natural Area, Rio Medina, Bader, Lakehills,Grey Forest, San Geronimo, Cascade Caverns and Fiesta Texas.

Torrential rainfall is also occurring with this storm, and may leadto localized flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through floodedroadways.Frequent cloud to ground lightning is occurring with this storm.Lightning can strike 10 miles away from a thunderstorm. Seek a safeshelter inside a building or vehicle.This storm may intensify, so be certain to monitor local radiostations and available television stations for additional informationand possible warnings from the National Weather Service.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I was in Clovis, Nm ( Canon AFB ) off and on 2 years ? 8 miles from Tx holy shit weather was Rock n roll at times , rain more rain , at times I was getting so many alerts I would just turn my phones off and say come get me me . 🤔👍🍸

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

Where are you?

Steiner Ranch in NW Austin

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Hanging out with Roxy in the clubhouse. If needed the bathrooms are big and no windows.

hope Ace is OK. Nasty stuff thru his area right now and more to come it seems.

1st line just finished. Calm/heavy/calm/heavy. Sky looks perfect for a tornado. Leaving the kids/wife/dogs/fuckin hamster in the master closet since another line is supposed to hit in about 20-30.

Im betting on wind/hail damage in the area tomorrow. It was LOUD for a hot minute.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
1st line just finished. Calm/heavy/calm/heavy. Sky looks perfect for a tornado. Leaving the kids/wife/dogs/fuckin hamster in the master closet since another line is supposed to hit in about 20-30.

Im betting on wind/hail damage in the area tomorrow. It was LOUD for a hot minute.

no damage over here. Havent seen any hail here yet.

yep, more shit coming your way.

i would never get used to this but at least you know its coming.

hang in there

jen and roberts friends in Schertz are in their closet as well.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
no damage over here. Havent seen any hail here yet.

yep, more shit coming your way.

i would never get used to this but at least you know its coming.

hang in there

jen and roberts friends in Schertz are in their closet as well.

I'm sure we will be fine, but id rather be safe than sorry.. Some unpleasant childhood memories of tornados.

buck35

Reaction score
Jeebus everyone make it through that ok?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I did......between 1-3A the rain was pouring but no more threats of tornados. Man.....It sure is unsettling to go thru this kind of stuff. You just sit and wait and hope for the best. Not a good feeling and then you're exhausted after all of it. My pup Roxy started panting and breathing pretty heavily about 1-2 hours before all of the serious weather started happening.

Hope everybody is OK as well.

How did you Austin folks do?????

buck35

Reaction score
I did......between 1-3A the rain was pouring but no more threats of tornados. Man.....It sure is unsettling to go thru this kind of stuff. You just sit and wait and hope for the best. Not a good feeling and then you're exhausted after all of it. My pup Roxy started panting and breathing pretty heavily about 1-2 hours before all of the serious weather started happening.

Hope everybody is OK as well.

How did you Austin folks do?????
There's a serious lack of updates in this thread which has me praying for all folks involved. Hope. everyone is safe and well.

On a sidenote , we now know your still in Texas ... Shhh lol!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
There's a serious lack of updates in this thread which has me praying for all folks involved. Hope. everyone is safe and well.

On a sidenote , we now know your still in Texas ... Shhh lol!

lol....The gig is up huh? :)

I believe everybody is fine but it would be nice to get an update from others that were in the path last night. I did not hear of any crazy damage this AM.

The rain from 1-3A was pretty intense but no issues.