WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OH Yesss , Can your wife do THIS?

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
We were spoiled back in Illinois and had a boat lift behind our house
Mrs EZ learned quickly the art of backing up a trailer when we moved to AZ
I tell her to take her time when it's busy and i can sit out on the boat but she can put that trailer in between anyone
She has got out and helped others and even got in their truck lol

azsunfun

Reaction score
20190426_082356.jpg

Wife was launching desert storm 2019.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I had to help a lady at the springs one time. Guy made her get the trailer and she was unfamiliar with the springs so she went down the the launch ramp the wrong way and then tried to do a u turn at the bottom at the ramp. It was comical to watch for the first 10 minutes but then I felt it was going to cause a problem for anyone else coming down the right way, such as my father with our trailer so we could go home.

So I got out of my boat at the temp dock and ran over to her truck and offered to help. I just zipped in reverse with the trailer back up the launch road, came down the correct way and dunked the trailer and then helped the guy retrieve his pontoon. The lady was positively shocked and asked how long I had been dealing with trailers.

Meanwhile my trailer had shown up so I got my boat on the trailer and we were gone before the other guy was done lecturing his girl.

kurtis500

Reaction score
I used to race with/against Stan Tweedy. For decades now his wife does the backing, and at crowded ramps with inches on each side. Just learning the mirrors and where the 'corners' of the truck and trailer are is the key.

The women who filled fire, police and industry jobs during WWII would make most men and women look lazy today.. hate to say it. You could find more women on average in 1945, than todays men, that could back a trailer and smoke a cigarette at the same time.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
No mine can’t. But that is all on me. Never took the time to take her anywhere to practice or learn. And when we went I just did it. It was easier. Well at the time anyway or so I thought. All I can say now is looking back. Guys. Make sure your woman can pull and back up a trailer. Plus it adds a little extra hotness to her. 😜😱

Mine’s better at. Are we there yet or let’s go already
B378451D-303F-49F9-9A9B-99358A5F8613.jpeg

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
Yes! My wife would back our twin engine toon in with no problems.

TCHB

Reaction score
I helped out at Windsor during the summer time. Always like watching the ladies thread the needle on busy weekends. My wife liked putting the boat on the trailer because she did not like the 118 degree walk to the truck.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
My wife does a very good job maneuvering the trailer. She began many years ago. But, she wants no part of operating the boat. When operating one of our boats, she once suddenly let off the throttle, her wake nearly climbed over the engine hatch. That one occasion totally freaked her out. Since then, she never handled our boats again. But, she does great with the trailer.

RichL

Reaction score
Thumbs up to Mrs. EZ. Mine can roll the trailer pretty much anywhere but some pinhead got in her head one time and she can no longer back it up when anyone is around. FWIW I wasn't informed of the conversation until after we left the launch ramp and I had coincidentally witnessed the pinhead turn his trailer sideways across two lanes after she had slid ours right in.

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
There is real idiots out there who give the ladies a hard time on a busy weekend. I saw a local get punched out after he was giving some ones wife a hard time because she was off one foot! I bet he never does it again.

f12517

Reaction score
Mine doesn’t drive the boat or trailer, but my 21 year daughter drives the boat like a boss and has since she was 14. This year I taught her boyfriend how to handle the truck and trailer, so now I just sit on the houseboat and drink beers while they get my shit in and out of the water. It’s very nice…

FishSniper

Reaction score
I tell her to take her time when it's busy and i can sit out on the boat but she can put that trailer in between anyone

Impressive. One of these winters I hope to teach the other half how to do that so I don’t have to do both. Maybe if I find your smoking location first your wife can give her some tips.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

Yup. It was actually pretty funny a couple times at Katherines watching her squeeze our trailer in between all kinds of people and just backing it in. We even got thumbs up and applauds from some of the dock judges.

Even had her trained at the end to dip the bunks then pull forward to the right depth so the boat slid on easy. We had it down pretty good and that made things super easy at the end of a long day. Team work.👍

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Yep, let my wife actually does better with the dually than a single wheel truck, go figure!

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

Yes, and she can do it with a total zoo around her. I told her our setup was worth the same as our house and everyone around her can fuck off. It takes what it takes to get it into the water. She always did an awesome job. Back in the day, her job was to put the waverunner onto the trailer and that was another story. Always turned out fine, but never as pretty.

FCT

Reaction score
I must say my wife is a bad ass driver. Definitely puts most men to shame on road, off road, backing up it doesn’t matter. Unless you don’t give her, her glasses at night. Then she might drive you straight into a cliff 🤣

pixrthis

Reaction score
Before she was my wife mine towed my flat bottom at all the races, Puddingstone, Castaic, Firebird, and the rest. They were very crowded in the 90’s and she was better at it than everyone else on the crew.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I don't think mine could do it like EZ's.
No other boats around.
No other trucks and trailers around.
8? Possibly 10 lanes?
Very gentle grade.
Calm water.
No breeze.

But I think she could figure it out.

Yeah, she figured it out, 22 years ago.

Dan'l

outboard_256

Reaction score

I can say with confidence my wife could not do that.

poncho

Reaction score
There is real idiots out there who give the ladies a hard time on a busy weekend. I saw a local get punched out after he was giving some ones wife a hard time because she was off one foot! I bet he never does it again.
I worked with a Samoan in a chrome plating shop that could lift ungodly amounts. He backed his trailer in and walked down to the dock and his Wife was in the boat crying, apparently the tough guy behind them on the dock told her to move the boat and she said she didn't know how.
Clarence walked back to him the guy stood up and Clarence grabbed his throat and held him in the air one handed while giving his lecture, my coworker said it was a big guy.

I once made the mistake of calling him pineapple, glad he never caught me that day.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
When we had our power boat the ignition switch broke but I was able to fiddle with it to get the boat started
Made it to the ramp and shut it off because i think the starter was still spinning.
What a pain to try and get a boat to the trailer with a little bit of wind.
I'm in the water trying to tow it and some guy walks up to Mrs EZ and says it's a lot easier if you drive the boat on the trailer
Lol, that guy got "the look" to stfu

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
My wife’s single younger sister once went up to get a guys truck and empty boat trailer. This was back in the day when some people would just leave the keys to their trucks on the floor mat. So, she does a great job of backing this empty trailer down the ramp and perfectly into the water to retrieve the boat. The guy in the boat couldn’t believe it. She was quite proud. She knew she had perfectly positioned the truck and trailer. One Big problem, it wasn’t that guys truck and trailer ! ! There are some here who may recall when that happened. It was a riot. Lol.

Last edited:

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
My wife… unfortunately no. But I have helped others.

This one sticks to my mind specifically. Assume wife got to the pull out lane and couldn’t get it right when backing down to retrieve. Obviously needed some assistance with the rest of the crowd getting restless. Tapped on the window and asked if she needed help. Empathetically in tears she says YES. Opens the door to have me take over. I politely closed the door and walked her through it. “Hand on the bottom of the steering wheel and that’s where the trailer goes”. “Just a bit then straighten out.” Walked with her till it was in the water. Nice DCB loads on and they are off.

Finally got my rig out and was wiping down and she came up and gave me the biggest hug. Said that was the best (only) lesson anyone gave her in all her years of boating.

On the other hand my wife was like WTF is this chick doing, lol.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
No mine can’t. But that is all on me. Never took the time to take her anywhere to practice or learn. And when we went I just did it. It was easier. Well at the time anyway or so I thought. All I can say now is looking back. Guys. Make sure your woman can pull and back up a trailer. Plus it adds a little extra hotness to her. 😜😱

Mine’s better at. Are we there yet or let’s go already
View attachment 1155108

RED WINE in the boat, with that interior . . . . WoW

Mine can and does the trailer with confidence..... for the past 22 years. Darn near a pro :cool:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
RED WINE in the boat, with that interior . . . . WoW

Mine can and does the trailer with confidence..... for the past 22 years. Darn near a pro :cool:
What ya gonna do. But no Cheetos are allowed. 👍😱😂

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Wife can and does everything that I can do on the boat , except maintenance. She wanted to learn how to do it incase of an emergency/injury.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Yep, she always launched and retrieved. Manual 6-speed Dodge pulling a 30' CC out of Site 6 and other places, no problem.

Next month she is off to Foretravel for the ladies driving school to learn how to drive our Class A like a pro. :)

Attachments

• Dodge-Scarab.jpg
    Dodge-Scarab.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 29

81Sprint

Reaction score
Back up a trailer, launch and retrieve the boat, No. But as the video above she can tie a cherry stem with her tongue, I chose to deal with the lacking of boat skills 😁

Badchoices03

Reaction score
In a wide open easy launch ramp like that one, she most definitely can do it one shot....but on a normal weekend with trailers on both sides and people watching, the nerves get to her and it takes her a couple of corrections....on a holiday weekend she wont even try...

JFMFG

Reaction score
I’m not gonna lie I love the playful banter I have with my wife and constantly giving her shit. But she can back a trailer down better than 99% of people on the ramp. It doesn’t matter holiday weekend pulling off at 9pm with all the other idiots she will stick it down first shot. Knows exactly how deep to go everytime etc. Shoutout to all the wives who make it easier on us.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Stacy is as good (if not better) as any of my Havasu friends with a trailer. She’d hold her own against most of my Parker friends.

Quick story on how she learned with a trailer. She hit me up one day and said I want to learn how to do all the boat stuff.. I said ok.

I hooked up my 18’ flatbed to her expedition.. we went to the Home Depot. We backed it in spots, we backed around light poles.. we did it all. We even hit the gas station on the way home.

So she asks “aren’t we dropping the trailer off at the shop?” I said “uh no? The trailer comes off next weekend”. Lol

She worked in La Jolla at the time.. 😳. She ran that trailer for a full work week in traffic, parallel parking you name it..

She was kinda mad at first.. but now sue will tell you she’s glad she had it for a week because there’s gonna be situations where I’m not around and they have to learn to figure it out.

RD

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
My wife cant even back up her car safely, let alone a trailer.
Back a boat? HA HA Ha.... however I taught my Daughter to do this at 15 years old and my son at 14.

My wife has hit our garage door.....twice. I will NOT ride with her unless absolutely necessary even though she has never crashed in the 30 years we've been together.

I point out those Garage Door dents every once in a while just to keep her in check.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Back a boat? HA HA Ha.... however I taught my Daughter to do this at 15 years old and my son at 14.

My wife has hit our garage door.....twice. I will NOT ride with her unless absolutely necessary even though she has never crashed in the 30 years we've been together.

I point out those Garage Door dents every once in a while just to keep her in check.
I hate being a passenger when my wife is at the wheel, it's not a fun ride, more like an exercise in terror. I'm pretty sure the OH CRAP handle has my palm print permanently embedded in it.

Andy B.

Reaction score
My wife drives good with the boat behind the only thing is I have to remind her not to follow too close remember you can't stop as fast. Other than that she's great!!