WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Oh, You Know . . . Just Towing a Shitter . . .

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Weird is as Weird Does . . .
Was coming back in to Newport today and had just passed under the PCH Bridge.
I see an inflatable with twin outboards slow-towing a kid wearing a lifejacket, on some platform with a Shitter on it.
I think to myself, "If this isn't some RDP Content right here, I don't know what is. 😆
So I snap a couple pics. and of course with my luck the guy in boat hollers at Me, "Hey, can You help us out"???
Oh Shit . . . here we go.
I say, "What's up"?
He replies, "Can You go to the Dunes and pick up 3 people and bring them back here"???
I say, "Yeah, uhhh I guess so".
Then he says, "I'll pay You $300" . . . . and now my 'weirdo-meter' is pegged.
So I take off and head to the ramp where 3 clueless 'kids' are anxiously waiting for me". 🤣
They've all got cell phones taped to their heads, 2-dudes & a chick (mid 20's).
They've got some huge box about 3' x 3' and a 15 foot inflatable kayak.
I get the box on the bow and yank the kayak so it's mid-skiff going across.
They pile in and now I'm just trippin . . . 3 complete strangers, a giant jack-in-the-box, & in inflatable kayak . . .WTF ??? 🙃
One kid has a full-on Sony Pro video rig, like $10+K easily . . . no bag, no pelican case . . . just free-handing it ! :oops:
They were nice enough kids . . . doing some kind of Youtube Video.
I could tell they were full on Woke Libs . . . one kid had those weasel sqeezer shorts on and a ill-fitting button-up shirt. . . . ehboy, I don't get that look at all.
But they were super appreciative and very polite.
We get back to the boat, and they hop off and leave me & the other boat skipper to deal with the box & kayak . . . go figure LOL. 😅
The guy tried to pay me the $300 and I just chuckled & said, 'It's really no big deal, you guys have a good time & good luck" !!!!
Fun way to ring-in a weekend !

IMG_0054 2.jpeg

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
And the shitter is for.........?

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
And the shitter is for.........?
I have no clue . . . I was kinda in La-La Land over the whole thing to be honest. 😂
When we got back, the kid in the boat was on the platform with a video camera, interviewing 'lifejacket guy' as he was coming out of the shiiter ! 🤪

DLC

Reaction score
This looks Like, “a good people watching….”

Weird is as Weird Does . . .
Was coming back in to Newport today and had just passed under the PCH Bridge.
I see an inflatable with twin outboards slow-towing a kid wearing a lifejacket, on some platform with a Shitter on it.
I think to myself, "If this isn't some RDP Content right here, I don't know what is. 😆
So I snap a couple pics. and of course with my luck the guy in boat hollers at Me, "Hey, can You help us out"???
Oh Shit . . . here we go.
I say, "What's up"?
He replies, "Can You go to the Dunes and pick up 3 people and bring them back here"???
I say, "Yeah, uhhh I guess so".
Then he says, "I'll pay You $300" . . . . and now my 'weirdo-meter' is pegged.
So I take off and head to the ramp where 3 clueless 'kids' are anxiously waiting for me". 🤣
They've all got cell phones taped to their heads, 2-dudes & a chick (mid 20's).
They've got some huge box about 3' x 3' and a 15 foot inflatable kayak.
I get the box on the bow and yank the kayak so it's mid-skiff going across.
They pile in and now I'm just trippin . . . 3 complete strangers, a giant jack-in-the-box, & in inflatable kayak . . .WTF ??? 🙃
One kid has a full-on Sony Pro video rig, like $10+K easily . . . no bag, no pelican case . . . just free-handing it ! :oops:
They were nice enough kids . . . doing some kind of Youtube Video.
I could tell they were full on Woke Libs . . . one kid had those weasel sqeezer shorts on and a ill-fitting button-up shirt. . . . ehboy, I don't get that look at all.
But they were super appreciative and very polite.
We get back to the boat, and they hop off and leave me & the other boat skipper to deal with the box & kayak . . . go figure LOL. 😅
The guy tried to pay me the $300 and I just chuckled & said, 'It's really no big deal, you guys have a good time & good luck" !!!!
Fun way to ring-in a weekend !

View attachment 1179311