WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

oil level in a Champion V-drive

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I have an Champion V-drive , and was wondering on the site glass is the v-drive full level at the top, or the Bottom, Or what I think it should be in the middle?
Should the box be level or the way it sits in the water? it's on the floor right now.
Thanks , PJ

spectras only

Reaction score
Half way in the round glass is OK. Check with the boat on the trailer with the floor level.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I checked it level on the garage floor for now, I'm cutting 1/4 " backing mounting plates now, It will be awhile before in the water.
i did a PSI check on the cooling, it held 5 PSI for an hour.
Thanks, PJ

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Do you have a dip stick for your box? they don't take a lot of oil and its easy to over fill them. I have seen several of these boxes and have not seen a dip stick in any other than the ones I have. not sure if mine was home built?

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
No Dip stick, It took about 24oz
I was going to make one but the opening for one was blocked by Gears, LOL
The Site glass will work fine.
I just got finished with the glass work , Ready to install all the goodies, Got new Bushings in the strut, Got to check the shaft for runout.
Got the Belly tanks on order. Floor material is on order. (Angle Aluminum, Plywood)
it's coming together pretty good, The 454 is going to be The hold out. maybe just a chevy 454 truck engine to start with. I can always biuld up one later.

Last edited: