WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ok Need Some Advice From The RDP People! (Crazy Girlfriend)

W.O.T

Reaction score
Alright I am in a lousy situation and could use some Legal advice please! Long Read

A year ago I met a woman who I thought was "The One". Appeared to be squared away she is beautiful good job etc. and has a 4 year old son. We've been together since and things went pretty good. We decided to get a place together and in October we rent a nice house together. I have seen some RED flags but I really thought things were going to be fine.

Well I shit you not, the day we signed the lease things immediately turned for the worse. She threw a fit and it got to the point where I didn't know if we were even going to move in. She was already telling me she hated the place and if we moved in we would be sleeping in separate rooms. At one point she even backed out completely telling me she wasn't moving in. Well about two weeks later she calls me apologizing and crying telling me she knows she has issues and asked if we could please move in.

So we move in. By week 3 things were shit at best. She turns out to be completely controlling and unhappy with me about everything. I'm living on eggshells. She did nothing but talk down on me, talk bad about my family, and talking bad about my job (Deputy Sheriff) I bit my lip the whole time. She treated me like shit. Like I was a child or something. Every day I'd get calls or texts asking why I did this or that and complaining about everything. She's the type that cannot go more than 3 or 4 days without fabricating up a fight. She's just not "OK" without chaos in life. She's admitted this before another red flag I ignored. So one day we are arguing about me going shooting with a friend and I about reached my breaking point. I tell a buddy I need to stay the night at his place to catch a breather. So I text her that day while she's at work that I wont be coming home tonight and lets clear our minds and talk about this tomorrow.

Later that night I get a pic message of all of my stuff packed up on the driveway saying come get your stuff I'm done. So the following morning my friend and I went and picked up my stuff and put everything in my storage. I stay a week with my sister and at this point she is completely apologetic crying and saying she's sorry! Then she goes on to tell me she's PREGNANT! And says this is the reason for her treating my like shit.

So I was obviously concerned for her being pregnant and I decide to go back so we can "Fix" this. Well turns out she can and will not prove to me that she was in fact Prego and is on her period! About two weeks go by and she's back at her normal Shenanigans. I am in Law Enforcement and on more than one occasion she has made statements about making claims of me being abusive and domestically violent with her. She threatened to call internal affairs with my job to report me.

I decide it would probably be best to abandon ship. So one day while she was at work I packed the little bit of stuff I had and left. I went and got my own place that day. I did not tell her I was leaving because I know that it wouldn't have ended well. I found out that she has TWO prior domestic violence arrest with exes. This is why I left the way I did.

So now, we have talked since and she found out that I got my own place and since I left bought a new BMW 335 I've always wanted which I wanted to do before my credit might take a hit if she leaves the place etc. Needless to say she is Livid! Thinks I'm out partying it up living the good life. She claims I left her for another woman etc. She has since called my work and spoke to my Lieutenant and got the number for internal affairs for my department. She hasn't made any claims yet but says she will if she needs to. Me leaving her is a civil matter and work will not be involved. I can only think of the things she might claim. I have kept my supervisors in the loop of this situation so they weren't caught off guard.

I feel Terrible for leaving the way I did and for her son who she constantly uses as "leverage". I really do love her and the kid and I wish things worked out despite all that has happened.

She is now threatening to take me to small claims court regarding our lease and suing me if I don't continue to pay half the rent. I'm considering paying half the rent because I feel that is morally the "Right" thing to do. And I realize I signed the lease and I feel terrible for leaving her hanging. But I would be killing myself with overtime to pay all of this. I've offered to even leave my place and stay in the extra room for the remainder of the lease. She does not want me in the house and I know that is probably a good thing for the sake of me possibly losing my job if she decides to make up a claim against me.

What should I do? Suck it up and pay half the rent for 9 more months? My friends tell me NO Way she did this and take it to court and with the text messages I have and experiences I've had I should be ok.

So any advice or legal help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long read but I wanted to paint the whole picture.
Why are the hot ones the craziest?
And I know Pics....Haha

Yellowboat

Reaction score
having gone thru that crap, and had a restraining order pulled on me. ( of which it was proven in court she lied several times on it) best thing you can do is file for one on her.

you have a dick, so expect it to be hard as hell to get., but you can at least show that you tried.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I've offered to even leave my place and stay in the extra room for the remainder of the lease. She does not want me in the house and I know that is probably a good thing for the sake of me possibly losing my job if she decides to make up a claim against me.

If you're even thinking about going back to live with her you are as crazy as she is. Unfortunately if you signed for the lease you're probably on the hook for half.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Explain your situation to the landlord....ask him to put the house back in market. He wont want a batshit crazy tenant either...even though you have a lease. Pay the rent till he rents it to the next tenant so your credit does not get fucked. Even though u have a lease usually u can get them to work with you under crazy circumstances. House market is hot and rentals go quick, you shouldnt have to wait long...

In the mean time - explain whats happening to the neccessary people @ your department, so they are expecting her batshit crazy calls when they come in. Dont let her be the first to contact them, especially your superiors.

Finally - stay the fuck away from her and make it visible in every way neccessary that you are never alone with her anywhere, or in that house especially. All she has to do is cry abuse and your guilty until proven innovent.

Good luck with all that!

W.O.T

Reaction score
If you're even thinking about going back to live with her you are as crazy as she is. Unfortunately if you signed for the lease you're probably on the hook for half.

I agree and I've learned a lot from this mess.

W.O.T

Reaction score
Explain your situation to the landlord....ask him to put the house back in market. He wont want a batshit crazy tenant either...even though you have a lease. Pay the rent till he rents it to the next tenant so your credit does not get fucked. Even though u have a lease usually u can get them to work with you under crazy circumstances. House market is hot and rentals go quick, you shouldnt have to wait long...

In the mean time - explain whats happening to the neccessary people @ your department, so they are expecting her batshit crazy calls when they come in. Dont let her be the first to contact them, especially your superiors.

Finally - stay the fuck away from her and make it visible in every way neccessary that you are never alone with her anywhere, or in that house especially. All she has to do is cry abuse and your guilty until proven innovent.

Good luck with all that!

I have already and the manager saw her behavior the day we signed the lease. It doesn't sound like the ex will leave though. My immediate command is already in the loop. She has already called them since.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I have already and the manager saw her behavior the day we signed the lease. It doesn't sound like the ex will leave though.
There are ways the landlord can terminate the lease.....maybe you can grease him on the side a bit to lean your way and dissolve that rental agreement, if she is trying to squat and keep you paying 1/2

Yellowboat

Reaction score
go file a db 100 on her... get your boss to sign a, aff that she has tried to get you in trouble.

trust me. this gets ugly fast... better to strike 1st. they can also issue her a move out order.

ps you have pm.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Holy shit. Minus the kid I would say we have dated the same women. Made me go crawling back to the ex wife. Got me arrested on harassment, called my work a hundred times complaining about me harassing her even though I refused to talk to her or have any contact. I took a restraining order out and hired a lawyer to get her to piss off and my life back to normal. Cleaning up the mess that put on me took a while. Proving you aren't harassing someone is like proving you didn't sexually assault them. Straight her word against yours. Fortunately my work was on my side once they pulled my company cellphone bills and it cleared me since she told the police and my work I was doing it on my company phone and there wasn't a single call placed to her.

As far as the lease I agree with the comments above. Contact landlord and tell them the issue. They cant evict her if she is paying but maybe you can get your name off of it. I wouldn't think of moving back in or helping. I would run for the hills because it only gets worse. Especially once another man comes to her side while he is getting a piece.

Just run....

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Alright I am in a lousy situation and could use some Legal advice please! Long Read

A year ago I met a woman who I thought was "The One". Appeared to be squared away she is beautiful good job etc. and has a 4 year old son. We've been together since and things went pretty good. We decided to get a place together and in October we rent a nice house together. I have seen some RED flags but I really thought things were going to be fine.

Well I shit you not, the day we signed the lease things immediately turned for the worse. She threw a fit and it got to the point where I didn't know if we were even going to move in. She was already telling me she hated the place and if we moved in we would be sleeping in separate rooms. At one point she even backed out completely telling me she wasn't moving in. Well about two weeks later she calls me apologizing and crying telling me she knows she has issues and asked if we could please move in.

So we move in. By week 3 things were shit at best. She turns out to be completely controlling and unhappy with me about everything. I'm living on eggshells. She did nothing but talk down on me, talk bad about my family, and talking bad about my job (Deputy Sheriff) I bit my lip the whole time. She treated me like shit. Like I was a child or something. Every day I'd get calls or texts asking why I did this or that and complaining about everything. She's the type that cannot go more than 3 or 4 days without fabricating up a fight. She's just not "OK" without chaos in life. She's admitted this before another red flag I ignored. So one day we are arguing about me going shooting with a friend and I about reached my breaking point. I tell a buddy I need to stay the night at his place to catch a breather. So I text her that day while she's at work that I wont be coming home tonight and lets clear our minds and talk about this tomorrow.

Later that night I get a pic message of all of my stuff packed up on the driveway saying come get your stuff I'm done. So the following morning my friend and I went and picked up my stuff and put everything in my storage. I stay a week with my sister and at this point she is completely apologetic crying and saying she's sorry! Then she goes on to tell me she's PREGNANT! And says this is the reason for her treating my like shit.

So I was obviously concerned for her being pregnant and I decide to go back so we can "Fix" this. Well turns out she can and will not prove to me that she was in fact Prego and is on her period! About two weeks go by and she's back at her normal Shenanigans. I am in Law Enforcement and on more than one occasion she has made statements about making claims of me being abusive and domestically violent with her. She threatened to call internal affairs with my job to report me.

I decide it would probably be best to abandon ship. So one day while she was at work I packed the little bit of stuff I had and left. I went and got my own place that day. I did not tell her I was leaving because I know that it wouldn't have ended well. I found out that she has TWO prior domestic violence arrest with exes. This is why I left the way I did.

So now, we have talked since and she found out that I got my own place and since I left bought a new BMW 335 I've always wanted which I wanted to do before my credit might take a hit if she leaves the place etc. Needless to say she is Livid! Thinks I'm out partying it up living the good life. She claims I left her for another woman etc. She has since called my work and spoke to my Lieutenant and got the number for internal affairs for my department. She hasn't made any claims yet but says she will if she needs to. Me leaving her is a civil matter and work will not be involved. I can only think of the things she might claim. I have kept my supervisors in the loop of this situation so they weren't caught off guard.

I feel Terrible for leaving the way I did and for her son who she constantly uses as "leverage". I really do love her and the kid and I wish things worked out despite all that has happened.

She is now threatening to take me to small claims court regarding our lease and suing me if I don't continue to pay half the rent. I'm considering paying half the rent because I feel that is morally the "Right" thing to do. And I realize I signed the lease and I feel terrible for leaving her hanging. But I would be killing myself with overtime to pay all of this. I've offered to even leave my place and stay in the extra room for the remainder of the lease. She does not want me in the house and I know that is probably a good thing for the sake of me possibly losing my job if she decides to make up a claim against me.

What should I do? Suck it up and pay half the rent for 9 more months? My friends tell me NO Way she did this and take it to court and with the text messages I have and experiences I've had I should be ok.

So any advice or legal help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long read but I wanted to paint the whole picture.
Why are the hot ones the craziest?
And I know Pics....Haha

Man l really feel for you, get out and don't look back. This reminds me of some of the adventures of an inmate named Ratso and what he went through with the fairer sex.:yikes
Some of the old timers will remember his posts and how riveting they were.

W.O.T

Reaction score
I remember him haha.

I did ask the property manager about getting off the lease and the only way possible is if the ex lets me off. That isn't going to happen.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
What would you tell someone if you were at a call like this?

Stay the hell away. Change your number, don't respond, just save and pay what the judge tells you to pay, but stop talking to her.

You LEO guys always find the crazies! Next time read some psychology books and figure out the red flags before. I can tell you right now she has some major daddy issues.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
All women become bitches eventually.
When it hits that point you leave for good.
Hopefully, you see it coming and bail out sooner.
I follow through on my financial commitments.

Their is always another bus.

W.O.T

Reaction score
What would you tell someone if you were at a call like this?

Stay the hell away. Change your number, don't respond, just save and pay what the judge tells you to pay, but stop talking to her.

You LEO guys always find the crazies! Next time read some psychology books and figure out the red flags before. I can tell you right now she has some major daddy issues.

She Does have Daddy Issues Big Time.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
She Does have Daddy Issues Big Time.

Look for girls with good relationships with their family. It's not a guarantee, but it does show that they are family oriented. You also don't need any trophies. I'd say go to church, but that can actually be worse. I would recommend looking outside of SoCal. Good country women take care of their men, great with kids, aren't so entitled. Again, no guarantees, there are psychos everywhere, but it's a numbers game.

Faceaz

Reaction score
Leases still have a notice period to move out early - I think 1 month. Give notice & pay rent through that date. Gives her time to find a place & you have a clear conscience.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Crazy in the head = Crazy in bed. This is what gets us guys every time. RUN! It will never get better trust me I swear I dated that same chick minus the kid. I dated a crazy chick for 2 years and what happens is if you are with someone who's crazy they lead you to question yourself that your the crazy one. Finally when I got away I realized that being around crazy that long that it actually did start to fuck me up and it took me about 6 months to get right again. RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!

Boat 405

Reaction score
Oh man. Sounds like a live one for sure. I'd keep on best terms with the landlord. Have zero contact with the ex. Sounds like she is all talk. Usually the ones screaming directly at you are all talk. It's those ones sitting quietly in the corner that I worry about.

You're probably stuck with the lease scenario for half unless you can work a deal with the landlord. You can always pay the landlord directly and keep her out of the loop completely. Just keep all texts, emails and voicemails from her so if things do go to court you have all this stuff on hand.

I just had to evict a guy from one of my rentals, I kept all conversations to text or email and saved everyone of them. It came in handy in court. It was a slam dunk for the judge.

Good luck buddy, let me know if you need something. I'm not that far away

drtywhat

Reaction score
IN Arizona the desert is a biiiigggggggg place.....

In all seriousness I wish you luck on ditching the bat shit crazy chick. What a big turn off.

W.O.T

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I will probably end up paying my half of the rent for the remainder of the lease. It will suck but at least it's only 9 more months. I will no longer have any contact with her besides text messaging even a phone call is too risky. I've tried and tried to have civil conversations with her regarding our situation but it gets us nowhere. She actually thrives off of drama and wants to argue. I don't think wants to find an actual solution.

I've never met anyone this messed up I'm still blown away and torn by the way everything turned out.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Couple things that may or may not help..... First YOU call the landlord and ask about terminating the lease, or at min, asking if you can buy your way off of it.

If no on both above....Is the rent an amount SHE can afford on her own? If it is, tough shit for her, she has to live somewhere. If it isn't, then maybe be the good guy and pay a portion, up to half....but remember, she was the reason you left. I wouldn't feel guilty at all. Mail her a money order and make damn sure your new address is not on anything you send her.

Don't count the money bud. It is beyond a temporary pain at this point.

Keep your head up and if you move back, or have any further unnecessary contact with her, you are crazier than her.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
IN Arizona the desert is a biiiigggggggg place.....

In all seriousness I wish you luck on ditching the bat shit crazy chick. What a big turn off.

For a girlfriend they don't share a kid with? Are you insane, this is as clean of a break as possible. It couldn't be any easier or painless. :)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

Good luck with all that!

All this

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
There are ways the landlord can terminate the lease.....maybe you can grease him on the side a bit to lean your way and dissolve that rental agreement, if she is trying to squat and keep you paying 1/2

Yep, buy your way out.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I've never met anyone this messed up I'm still blown away and torn by the way everything turned out.

RUN. Not your problem, find yourself another fish.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
I believe that if you both are on the lease it doesn't matter that you pay just your half of the rent. You both are on the hook to get the landlord 100% of his rent regardless of who pays it. Meaning that you can send the landlord your half of the rent, but if she does not pay the landlord her half of the rent, you're technically on the hook as well. Landlord wants all of it regardless of which one of you pays.

Good luck

W.O.T

Reaction score
I believe that if you both are on the lease it doesn't matter that you pay just your half of the rent. You both are on the hook to get the landlord 100% of his rent regardless of who pays it. Meaning that you can send the landlord your half of the rent, but if she does not pay the landlord her half of the rent, you're technically on the hook as well. Landlord wants all of it regardless of which one of you pays.

Good luck

Thanks again everyone. I did speak with the manager and I am unable to do anything or remove myself unless the ex agrees to it. Not gonna happen.

One thing I'm wondering about is if I can actually be sued by the ex for not paying half? It does not say on the lease that we each pay half the rent. Or if I'm just on the hook if the rent is not paid and she is kind of just stuck having to deal with it with me leaving?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Give 30 days notice. Pay the lease break fee to the landlord and be done with it. Just because you signed a lease for a specific time frame doesn't mean you have to see it through. Let her figure it out. Don't continue to pay half of the rent so she can live there, she made her bed and now has to sleep in it.

W.O.T

Reaction score
Crazy in the head = Crazy in bed. This is what gets us guys every time. RUN! It will never get better trust me I swear I dated that same chick minus the kid. I dated a crazy chick for 2 years and what happens is if you are with someone who's crazy they lead you to question yourself that your the crazy one. Finally when I got away I realized that being around crazy that long that it actually did start to fuck me up and it took me about 6 months to get right again. RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!

Thanks sounds a lot like my situation. This chick is extremely manipulative and would somehow always find a way to turn every fight or problem around on me and somehow make it my fault always. I have questioned myself several times and wondered what the hell is going on is it me? I've never dealt with a woman this screwed up.

Your right about the crazy in the head crazy in bed thing.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
You didnt run a background check before making it serious? I thought all police / sheriff's did that!

boataholic

Reaction score
Unfortunately you were in a bad situation and from what I have read I think you did the best thing and run. I am a landlord myself and in these scenarios it become very tough and you try to be sympathetic to every one circumstance and help when I can. With that being said I dont see a landlord letting you out of a lease unless she is willing to resign a new lease with just her or if he is able to quickly find someone to move in quickly without losing much financially. If it does go to small claim court you would probably be liable for your half of the rent for the 9 months.

I had a very similar situation with one of our tenant a few years back. Boyfriend and girlfriend with one child. Boyfriend decides to leave 2 months into their lease leaving the girlfriend and child behind. The girlfriend income alone was not sufficient to allow her to take over the lease on her own so I kept the Boyfriend tied to the lease for obvious reasons. I gave her the option of either finding a room mate or moving. She decided to stay and 2 months later she was behind on her her rent, and refused to move. So we started the eviction process which took close to 5 months before she moved out. So for about 6 months I had no income for this property, eviction fees and property damage I was left to deal with.

Fast forward when we got to court I had loss over $8500 in rent plus damages. Needles to say the judge rules in my favor and the Boyfriend was left responsible for about 70% of that. The judge took a look at the original income provided and he made 70% of there combined income.

Every situation is different but work very closely with your landlord and you will most likely be responsible for a portion of the rent.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Stay away, break all ties, don't answer calls, don't answer door if she shows up, be prepared to record or have a witness to prevent any bs allegations. The "jack in the box" popped up, so basically you know she can and will do anything, in fact it will get worse after each back and forth attempt to fix. It's all about protecting your career, you know we are held to a higher standard and can be put through a lot even based on a false complaint. Good luck going 10-8 with a DV case over your head. So in short RUN, don't pay shit, she brought upon herself, and if you have to pay in small claims, then oh well, at least that inconvenienced her. Best of luck

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
She did send you a text that she wanted you out and threw all your stuff outside and she continued to live there, it would be one thing if she moved out, but she stayed - right there she she took over the lease. You have documentation (text) that she wanted you out and physically removed your possessions from the premises, hopefully you have pics of all your stuff outside. Now it gets all legal - since you both are on the lease, you may need to pay at least your half, but if she falls short on the rent you will have to make up the difference. You should start legal proceedings now like making a small claims case against her to make sure you get refunded for your portion of the rent she's not paying since she wanted you out - that was her call (and the best thing for you). What happens at the end of the lease and she decides she doesn't want to move, now you're really screwed and what if she damages the place before she splits? Take care of it before she damages your credit rating.

Nip it in the bud now!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I'm assuming you are just asking about the lease? Because no way are you going back to that crazy bitch??

Don't pay shit. Let her get evicted if that's what it comes down to. In the mean time tell the landlord what's going and why you are no longer helping her pay. If she gets evicted. They can come after you for the months she was there and didn't pay but once it's rented again, no matter the length of the lease, they can no longer charge you. They can't double charge. So then you'll just have to settle up.

My thought is that if she has a kid and a good job like you said she not as likely to quit paying the rent and ditch the place. She's gotta live somewhere. I'm guessing without reading this thread that lease is half in her name too? She's not going to want to fuck up her credit either.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I literally said "holy shit" like six times while reading your post. Sorry you're going through this.

I don't have any input with the exception of two things: (1) there's a lot of holes in the desert; and (2) post a pic so that none of these other schmucks on here get caught up with this bitch.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Good pussy will cloud a man's vision for sure, Im sure there were signs you just didn't see them clearly at the time, i would run far away and chalk it up as a lesson learned.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
post a pic so that none of these other schmucks on here get caught up with this bitch.

I see what you did there... SOLID WINGMAN!:thumbsup

She sounds like a typical crazy ass badge bunny. Get as far away from her as you can as quickly as you can. She will ruin your life.

Yup. We've all seen it a thousands times if not more. Definitely not just a cop thing but the whole calls to internal affairs threats take it to a new level. I'd be recording any converstions or contacts with her in the future.

DaveH

Reaction score
I see what you did there... SOLID WINGMAN!:thumbsup

Yup. We've all seen it a thousands times if not more. Definitely not just a cop thing but the whole calls to internal affairs threats take it to a new level. I'd be recording any converstions or contacts with her in the future.

listen to this advice about recording her very carefully. this shouldn't come as a surprise......i mean if you are an LEO dont you wear body cameras and recording devices? these interactions can go from normal to insane in moments.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
You should send her a link to this thread. :D

Seriously - feel sorry for you but have no good advice in these matters.

Reaction score
Bitches is crazy these days.

Best of luck.

sirbob

Reaction score
Don't go back

Pay your half of the rent - you put your name on the lease (It sounds like?) you are legally obligated.

Period - very simple I my mind.