WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Old Extreme Boats, Performance Boats, Poker Runs America, Powerboat and Hot Boat mags

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I helped a guy out on FB today by sending him a copy of a Hot Boat magazine that his boat was in and it got me thinking.

I have a bunch of these old magazines dating back to the late 90's and they are just sitting around collecting dust. I'd like to think I'd do something with them someday but I'm guessing I won't.

If anyone on here wants a certain issue or your boat was in an issue hit me up and I'll check to see if I have it. If I have it, it's yours and I'll mail it out to you. Just buy me a beer someday down the road.

Here's a few of them.

IMG_9258.jpg

GRADS

Reaction score
I forgot to add that I also have "Family and Performance Boating" magazine.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Very cool...Do you happen to have the Family and Performance Boating with an all white HTM SS-24 test?

GRADS

Reaction score
Very cool...Do you happen to have the Family and Performance Boating with an all white HTM SS-24 test?

Do you happen to know the month or year? Or was it on the cover?

bajagrom

Reaction score
You know if any talk about Campbell's in? Lol. Kind of a long shot but would be cool.

GRADS

Reaction score
You know if any talk about Campbell's in? Lol. Kind of a long shot but would be cool.

I need months, years, covers...no way I can look through them all. There's hundreds of mags.

bajagrom

Reaction score
I need months, years, covers...no way I can look through them all. There's hundreds of mags.

Ok how about July 07 Wrath of Kahn of Hot Boat. Amazing what the goggle wizard can find!!!

BlockHead

Reaction score
I would like to find a June 2007 issue of Hot Boat. My current boat is on the cover. image.jpg

BlockHead

Reaction score
I remember that boat being built. Does it still have huge power?

I'm not sure what it was built with ? I thought I was buying a 548 with hyd roller cam and crane rockers. Got it home to find its a 598 with a solid cam and Jessel rockers. It has a nitrous system on it but I've never used it.

Singleton

Reaction score
I'm not sure what it was built with ? I thought I was buying a 548 with hyd roller cam and crane rockers. Got it home to find its a 598 with a solid cam and Jessel rockers. It has a nitrous system on it but I've never used it.

Thats the motor is was built with. I remember watching the nitrous getting rigged and was wondering why would you do that to a deckboat.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
I helped a guy out on FB today by sending him a copy of a Hot Boat magazine that his boat was in and it got me thinking.

I have a bunch of these old magazines dating back to the late 90's and they are just sitting around collecting dust. I'd like to think I'd do something with them someday but I'm guessing I won't.

If anyone on here wants a certain issue or your boat was in an issue hit me up and I'll check to see if I have it. If I have it, it's yours and I'll mail it out to you. Just buy me a beer someday down the road.

Here's a few of them.

View attachment 486476

Jason really appreciates it BTW

GRADS

Reaction score
So I just got home from a wine 5k so I'm a little buzzed and a lot tired. I will look for everyone's request a little later. But I did look quickly for the specific months that were requested.

Ok how about July 07 Wrath of Kahn of Hot Boat. Amazing what the goggle wizard can find!!!
I have July 2007. Here it is if you want it. Coincidentally I have driven the boat on the cover a few times.:thumbsup

IMG_9287.jpg
q3mqoaeyktn39mplb6z3.jpeg
Wish I could remember. About the best I can do is the year 2001 I believe. [emoji1]
I will look.
I would like to find a June 2007 issue of Hot Boat. My current boat is on the cover. View attachment 486539
This what my June 2007 looks like. I know sometimes HotBoat would do two covers but have the same stories.

IMG_9288.jpg
I always go back to a 2004 Ultra 21 LX that was featured in powerboat mag, I believe in July of '04? It was an all blue & black boat with black cloth interior. My all time favorite Ultra, during that era. I went to Caliber 1 boats shortly after that & showed the pics to Cliff & almost bought a 20.6 Magnum O/B to resemble that Ultra. Grads, can you look for that boat & post the pics up on here? July of '04 or '03.
I will look for it.

Greg got any of the mags with the Carrera 27 Cyclone? View attachment 486616
Will check later
He hooked my buddy up on FB with a mag. He also sent me a heart felt message after my dog passed on FB. In my book Greg is one standup dude. We all like to give him shit, but he really is a good dude.
Why you trying to ruin my reputation like that??

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
So I just got home from a wine 5k so I'm a little buzzed and a lot tired. I will look for everyone's request a little later. But I did look quickly for the specific months that were requested.

I have July 2007. Here it is if you want it. Coincidentally I have driven the boat on the cover a few times.:thumbs

View attachment 486620

I will look.

This what my June 2007 looks like. I know sometimes HotBoat would do two covers but have the same stories.

View attachment 486622

I will look for it.

Will check later

Why you trying to ruin my reputation like that??

Okay fine Greg is a big giant toe painting Dildo who supports Hillary.

Better?

DMF

Reaction score
Grads, do you happen to have the Powerboat Issue for May 2009? It has a test of a shockwave deck boat with a Teague 800 in it. Thanks in advance!

GRADS

Reaction score
Grads, do you happen to have the Powerboat Issue for May 2009? It has a test of a shockwave deck boat with a Teague 800 in it. Thanks in advance!

I do and it's yours. Send me a pm with your info.

blender over

Reaction score

Here's a few of them.

View attachment 486476

Hello.

Long time lurker and never really had a reason to post until now.

I will pay you for the issue of Hot Boat magazine of April 2005?
It has my old jet boat under the name of "Major Payne", 4 page deal on a blown Bahner jet boat.

Thanks,:thumbsup

Trevor.

racinjason65

Reaction score
I'm also a forum member! Thank you again! I've been looking for this issue for almost 6 years and now I'll finally have it.

Here's a few of them.

View attachment 486476

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

GRADS

Reaction score
Sorry guys. I woke up with a 104 fever yesterday and didn't make it out of bed all day.:grumble: I will look back through this thread and look through the mags to see what I have. Any other requests?

GRADS

Reaction score
Well hell, never thought of that.
thanks S.S:thumbsup

I Know for a fact I do not have the one with Jesse James boat on the cover because I gave it to the guy when I sold the JJ boat.

She's Mine

Reaction score
Hey Greg, do you have any from 2004 with an Eliminator 27 Daytona standard deck? I know Eliminator won Cat/ Boat of the year a couple times with that hull.

GRADS

Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that requested magazines either in this thread or PM I haven't forgotten about you, just been busy. I will still try to fulfill all requests.

GRADS

Reaction score
Hey, I'm bumping this thread to maybe get some of the magazines out to people who want them. There was a guy on the HTM FB that wanted one and I had it so it reminded me of this thread. If your boat was in one and you're looking for it let me know.

Tank

Reaction score
This thread is kinda depressing. I miss the old days of having 4 or 5 or 6 performance boating mags to choose from. I'd roll into the Powerboat Mag office in Ventura and shit would be pumpin! Their budget was large and they were having a great time living at the top of the game. I'd go to events with the powerboat guys and the rivalry was crazy between all the various magazine guys. Shit was funny. the boating scene in So. Cal was like it'd never been in the history of Ca offshore boating. SCOPE poker runs brining in 150-200 boats each year, lunch runs and fun runs seemingly every 2 or 3 weeks. Such good times. Jerry Nordskog made out like a bandit selling Powerboat right before the economy took a huge dump and basically rolled up every boating magazine as we knew it. The late 90's and early 2000's was a magical time in the performance boating scene. I don't think it'll ever be the same.

707dog

Reaction score
This thread is kinda depressing. I miss the old days of having 4 or 5 or 6 performance boating mags to choose from. I'd roll into the Powerboat Mag office in Ventura and shit would be pumpin! Their budget was large and they were having a great time living at the top of the game. I'd go to events with the powerboat guys and the rivalry was crazy between all the various magazine guys. Shit was funny. the boating scene in So. Cal was like it'd never been in the history of Ca offshore boating. SCOPE poker runs brining in 150-200 boats each year, lunch runs and fun runs seemingly every 2 or 3 weeks. Such good times. Jerry Nordskog made out like a bandit selling Powerboat right before the economy took a huge dump and basically rolled up every boating magazine as we knew it. The late 90's and early 2000's was a magical time in the performance boating scene. I don't think it'll ever be the same.

rip to the big boat race scene on the west coast...i was a young buck but we went every year and enjoy when the big boats came to the sf bay to race and also run the straights out of benicia that was the first time i seen the arneson boat shoot that after burner flame to me at the time was 20 ft high even got a pic with him at the benicia marina.

agree about the magazine selection when we went grocery shopping id hang in the mag isle lowriders,mini trucks and boat mags is all i flipped thru with occasional adult mag if no adults were around

Tank

Reaction score
agree about the magazine selection when we went grocery shopping id hang in the mag isle lowriders,mini trucks and boat mags is all i flipped thru with occasional adult mag if no adults were around

HAHAHA....Funny you said that....I actually have all copies of lowrider mag circa 89 through roughly 01 Only mags I kept. Don't know why. :D

pieyed

Reaction score
Do you have a copy of Hot Boat, Oct. 2005? Should have the Joker boat on the cover.

H2O

Reaction score

^^^ I definitely feel your pain ^^^

We could probably start a whole thread titled "my life before the internet".

I used to have a fun business that I loved...traveled the world to Tahiti, Fiji, Australia, Caribbean, etc.
I've always embraced technology (engineer) but the internet still took down or altered a ton of traditional business's like media, travel, advertising, etc...businesse's that (in the best case) were built on relationships, loyalty and trust. I'm still in business, but loyalty is mostly a thing of the past with the younger generation, your always one click away from losing a repeat sale. But hey, if your a keyboarded jockey with stock options at a FANG company, life is good! Times change.

It's hard not to get nostalgic but a great man once said ?Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened?

Sounds like you had some great times!

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
look at 05/06 Family and performance boating. The cover had a greenish yellow cobra on it... anyway...

that's was my Magic and My Buddies Genesis in the there launching out of Topock...

then there was a couple pages on Topock the next issue... And the following issue or two later , they did a write up on my Livorsi guage upgrade...

it was pretty....

Mike